1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

McCain Pre-Game

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Galant, Oct 23, 2014.

1. Galant

Galant Love - Unity - Sacrifice - Eternity

Apr 22, 2014
    "Rookie Chris McCain never got the chance to attend an NFL game as a child, and it’s why he’s going out of his way to make it a memorable experience for one lucky kid at every Dolphins game.

McCain has made it a habit of looking into the stands when he goes out onto the field long before kickoff and searching for a kid that he then brings onto the field for a quick chat, a quick walk and a memory that will last a lifetime.

“I just always wanted to be able to go to a game,” McCain explained. “Just try to give back. It’s just something they’ll be able to remember for the rest of their lives. Impact them as much as I can. I love kids. Kids are my weakness. Whatever I can do to send a smile, I’ll do it.”

There was one game where McCain actually walked on the field with not one but two kids, one of them being — unbeknownst to him — the nephew of assistant linebackers coach David Corrao.

McCain says he loves seeing the reaction of the kids, and one that stands out was that of the child he picked out of the stands before the game against the Green Bay Packers at Sun Life Stadium.

“He had a pretty cool reaction,” McCain said. “He was smiling, like, oh, yeah. It was just him and his dad sitting beside each other; he couldn’t believe it at first, looked up at his dad. And his dad was like, yeah, go ahead and he ran down, came onto the field. He was like imitating throwing balls and pointing up at the sky, talking about punters how they punt the ball real high. We were just talking. He was talking like he was warming up also for the game. It was pretty cool. It was neat.”

McCain said he will give the kids a pair of gloves whenever possible and will walk them over to a teammate whenever possible after finding out their favorite player.

“It just helps me get my mind right,” McCain said. “I go out there probably 30 minutes after I get there (to the stadium). I’ll go eat and I’ll go on the field, get a feel for the weather, loosen up my cleats, and then I’ll start searching. If I don’t see a kid, I’ll go back into the locker room for a little bit, stretch for about 30 minutes and I go back out on the field. So I make sure I find somebody."

Link

Awesome.

DOLPHAN1, Larry Little, SICK and 8 others like this.
  2. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    There's a strong chance that McCain is going to turn us fans into teen girls at a Bieber concert before long.

SICK, ElNino, Rocky Raccoon and 3 others like this.
  3. mcdave21

mcdave21 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Apr 25, 2013
    Very very cool. Major kudos to him

4. Galant

Galant Love - Unity - Sacrifice - Eternity

Apr 22, 2014
    Maybe if I can get myself to Miami for a game, shave my beard off and try to look really small he'll pick me. :D

5. PhinFan1968

PhinFan1968 To 2020, and BEYOND! Club Member

Not enough of that in the game IMO. Stuff like that fosters generations of fans.

6. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    lol.

Fin D likes this.
  7. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    good for him, reveal your character, stay on the right path, maybe he and dion can become friends and completely devote themselves to the craft.

8. vt_dolfan

vt_dolfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Thats

FREAKING AWSOME.

Man I wish I could tell that guy to his face how great it is that he does that, and takes joy seeing the reaction in a kids face. You NEVER know what kind of life that kid has....something like that can make SUCH a mark on a kids life. Just a small gesture.

9. vt_dolfan

vt_dolfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Eh..this goes beyond football man. I want them to become great men beyond football. In the end, thats whats most important.

10. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2013
    Norfolk VA
    LOL...As are my current feelings toward Odrick

Fin D likes this.
  11. Finatik

Finatik Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

May 2, 2014
    SO Cal
    Someone that actually get's that this is a game and the fans are a huge part of it.

12. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    [​IMG]

Larry Little and Fin D like this.
  13. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    McCain is also extremely passionate on the sidelines. When Finnegan forced that fumble you could see him on the sidelines jumping up and down and screaming.

Definitely seems like the kind of kid you want on your teams. Both on and off the field.

14. VManis

VManis Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 10, 2010
    That's just awesome. Seems like he is quickly becoming the poster boy for giving a guy a second chance. Does anyone know why he was kick off of Cal? All I can find is that it wasn't related to academics or anything illegal.