1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Football Gameplan's 2015 Midseason Mock Draft Video

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by EmDiggy, Oct 21, 2014.

1. EmDiggy

EmDiggy New Member

Jan 14, 2010
  2. Itsdahumidity

Itsdahumidity X gonna take it from ya

Dec 10, 2007
    Once again good stuff Em and I'm not mad at the Perryman pick. However, depending on how THill plays down the stretch, qb might be the pick.

EmDiggy likes this.
  3. EmDiggy

EmDiggy New Member

Jan 14, 2010
    Thanks Cap'n! Who'd be your ideal pick at this juncture of the season?

4. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    So you've got:

01. Oakland - WR Amari Cooper, Alabama
    02. Jacksonville - CB Marcus Peters, Washington
    03. New York Jets - WR Devin Funchess, Michigan
    04. Tampa Bay - LB Vic Beasley, Clemson
    05. Tennessee - QB Jameis Winston, Florida State
    06. Minnesota - OT Brandon Scherff, Iowa
    07. Washington - S Landon Collins, Alabama
    08. Atlanta - LB Shaq Thompson, Washington
    09. St. Louis - OT Andrus Peat, Stanford
    10. New Orleans - CB P.J. Williams, Florida State
    11. New York Giants - RB Todd Gurley, Georgia
    12. Chicago Bears - DE Randy Gregory, Nebraska
    13. Pittsburgh - CB Ifo Ekpre-Olomu, Oregon
    14. Cleveland - DE Leonard Williams, USC
    15. Miami - LB Denzel Perryman, Miami-FL
    16. Houston - QB Marcus Mariota, Oregon
    17. Seattle - DE Shawn Oakman, Baylor
    18. Kansas City - OT Cedric Ogbuehi, Texas A&M
    19. Carolina - WR Ty Montgomery, Stanford
    20. Cleveland - WR Kevin White, West Virginia
    21. San Francisco - DE Arik Armstead, Oregon
    22. Cincinnati - WR Stefon Diggs, Maryland
    23. New England - DE Shilique Calhoun, Michigan State
    24. Detroit - CB Trae Waynes, Michigan State
    25. Green Bay - LB Bernardrick McKinney, Mississippi State
    26. San Diego - OG A.J. Cann, South Carolina
    27. Indianapolis - RB Melvin Gordon, Wisconsin
    28. Baltimore - RB Ameer Abdullah, Nebraska
    29. Arizona - LB Dante Fowler, Florida
    30. Philadelphia - CB Ronald Darby, Florida State
    31. Dallas - DT Danny Shelton, Washington
    32. Denver - LB Alvin Dupree, Kentucky

5. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    Ten thoughts:

1. This is just a detail thing but for picks #29 thru 32 you can't have three NFC teams because you can't have three NFC teams in the Conference Championships.

2. You have Miami picking #15 overall which means not only did they not make the playoffs, but three AFC teams were seeded ahead of them in the playoff race. The team picking at #15 overall was 7-9 in 2011 (Miami), 7-9 in 2012 (Seattle), 7-9 in 2013 (New Orleans) and 8-8 in 2014 (Pittsburgh). If Miami goes 7-9 or even 8-8 in 2014 then you can expect a coaching change. I know that you picked your picks as if YOU were the General Manager, I'm just noting this so that people can take account of a coaching change if they're mocking Miami's pick at #15 overall.

3. I absolutely do not see the New York Jets or Tampa Bay Buccaneers passing on Jameis Winston. Nor should they. It's early and disagreements with mock drafts are common, but it would seem absurd to me that either team would pass on him.

4. Believe it or not I think Miami may actually sit tight at that linebacker position for now. At least, I doubt they decide they need to force the issue by taking a Denzel Perryman. They're extremely high on what Jelani Jenkins has done this year, and they should be. Koa Misi at the Mike position is looking good (and has a long term contract in place, which is important), and even if you jettison Philip Wheeler and Dannell Ellerbe (which they will) you have two very promising guys waiting in the wings in Chris McCain and Jordan Tripp. And they'll probably keep Jason Trusnik around for depth as they always do. This was a position of need heading into the season, but preseason and in-season revelations have turned this into a position where I doubt they force the issue. You might even end up calling this a position of strength.

5. Mariota to the Texans makes a lot of sense. They were the team most strongly linked to these rumors Mariota would've gone #1 overall if he declared this year. I never believed those rumors, but I think the basis for the rumor was that the Texans people like him. They might've taken him in the 2nd round or 3rd round of 2014.

6. After taking Jace Amaro (and getting good results out of him I might add), I doubt the Jets go for another WR/TE tweener. Especially with Jameis Winston or Marcus Mariota on the board. I'm nearly 100% confident it wouldn't go down like that.

7. Having three running backs in the 1st round after two straight years where not a single one went in the 1st round seems like a contrarian call. It also seems typical of early mock drafts, which often overstate running backs' place on draft boards. Todd Gurley and Melvin Gordon have legit shots at getting into the 1st round. But Ameer Abdullah? I'll take your bet (and your money) on that. :)

8. For that matter, five wide receivers in the 1st round also seems excessive. And most likely the poster child for that excess is Stefon Diggs.

9. I'm going to go out on a limb and say Leonard Williams goes much higher than you have him. Much, much higher.

10. Among the guys left out of your 1st round the ones I'd be most tempted to sneak in there are OT Lael Collins and DE Shane Ray.

6. Itsdahumidity

Itsdahumidity X gonna take it from ya

Dec 10, 2007
    WR Kevin White looks good so far. I like CB Ifo Ekpre-Olomu's ball sklls and physicality.

7. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    I agree with you on Ty montgomery, was drooling on him last year..what a player he would be with wallace on the outside and landry in the slot..

another receiver that should go higher than expected is Devonte Parker from louisville...

When I've watched Misi at middle linebacker in the two games he's played, I was really happy, bottom line, he looks like a real good mike prospect, runs fast man, laterally too, hunts, hits, and is strong and physical, he and Jenkins looked real good next to each other..if he's healthy going into next season, I don't know about dropping resources there even though i think we should look at the situation and perryman very closely.

I still have hope this season that Rishard Matthews is gonna break out making the upcoming draft very difficult.

I think whoever the first team is that needs a qb will take Mariota, Carr is good, so he'll probably go to the jets or rams, titans, etc

8. mroz

mroz Fix the OL Club Member

Oct 26, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    I get to watch Ty a lot out here in the SF bay area... the guy is legit... If it wasnt for the holes we have on the OL I would consider taking him in the 1st round... seriously doubt that he is there when the Fins pick in the 2nd

9. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    He's a natural athlete and does great things with the ball in his hands. Is he a natural receiver? That was the question I wanted to get to in 2014 because it wasn't necessarily evident in 2013.

Obviously I have some work to do on him but I'm not sure he's really a 1st round pick. At that spot you don't want to be caught picking out a guy from the swarm with a really valuable pick. You want to be picking the guy or maybe one of the two or three guys that really stands out head and shoulders above the swarm. If there's a Calvin Johnson out there, that's the guy you want...or an A.J. Green/Julio Jones.

In this case you could make the case that those guys are Kevin White and Amari Cooper. You could also make the case that Sammie Coates is up there because of his pure physical impressiveness.