1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why do we Dolfans hate the Jets?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by dolfan7171, Oct 20, 2014.

1. dolfan7171

dolfan7171 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Arizona
    Ok, I know this is an obvious no-brainer here guys but I want to know your honest thoughts on this. So tell us why you hate them and don't say just because or because they suck because we already know that. Let's get real with it and see what you come up with.

2. dolfan7171

dolfan7171 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Arizona
    Ok I will start first. I hate the Jets mainly because of that so-called "miracle at the meadowlands" crap. I was so frustrated that we lost a game in overtime that we winning by 23 in the 4th quarter. If I hated them at anytime, it had to be then.

Rosco 35 likes this.
  3. PhinFan1968

PhinFan1968 To 2020, and BEYOND! Club Member

I hate all teams from Philly north, just about equally, including all sports.

They're the most spoiled, entitled, crybaby *** fans in the world IMHO, that's why I don't like 'em. They jump off their team's wagon en masse whenever there's a hint of not winning a championship...***** ***** *****...then jump right back on the wagon when they look good again (much like all these Cowboys fans are doing where I work...haven't heard a peep out of them in YEARS...now they're wearing gear, talkin' smack, etc).

Ducken, dolfan7171 and Dolfan984 like this.
  4. vt_dolfan

vt_dolfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

If your a Dolfan..you dont need a reason to hate the Jets..but..

Ken Obrien
    Mark Gastenau
    Joe Klecko
    Curtis Martin
    Vinny Testeverde
    Kevin Mawae
    Freeman Mcneil
    Marty Lyons
    Laverneous Coles
    Jumbo Eliot
    Wayne Chrebet

And on...and on...and on

And above all

Fireman Ed

maynard, speed, dolfan7171 and 2 others like this.
  5. Zeke0123

Zeke0123 message board ******* Club Member

Nov 22, 2007
    I lived across the street from a jet "family" Marino era...ny sack exchange etc etc the moment of hate for me was when they cheap shotted Stephenson and ended his career 10 years early..still didn't keep him out of the HOF.

DeDolfan, speed, dolfan22 and 2 others like this.
  6. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    they don't have any class.

7. FinNasty

FinNasty Alabama don’t want this... Staff Member Club Member

Dec 1, 2007
    They're obnoxious New Yorkers...

...end of story.

8. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    May be the disdain for the transplant NYers who move down here and look down their noses at the locals.

dolfan32323 and dolfan7171 like this.
  9. dWreck

dWreck formerly dcaf

Oct 23, 2011
    Sebring, FL
    **** the jets.

That's why.

Rosco 35 and dolfan7171 like this.
  10. finfansince72

finfansince72 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 18, 2007
    Columbia, South Carolina
    Because it just feels right.

11. DolPhinPhan7

DolPhinPhan7 Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2012
    Being that I live close to Buffalo, I actually don't hate the Bills, I like to mock them but they are my "home" team. I'm sick of the Patriots but respect them.

There was a Monday Night game in 2009 where the 1-4 Dolphins beat the Jets on Monday night using the Wildcat. Rex Ryan called it a gimmick. Who's the only coach in the league still using the Wildcat? He's a flipping hypocrite. Another win later in that year where the Dolphins were dominated but a guy named Ted Ginn made two huge plays to get the win Bart Scott went Bart Scott and sarcastically called the Dolphins a great team.

I think I hate Rex Ryan more than I actually hate the Jets. If he gets fired I might not have such a vitriol for them. I really should have been cheering for the Jets on Thursday. . . but I wasn't.

There's also that 2000 Monday night game where the Jay Fielder Dolphins blew a huge lead against the Jets, that was an experience that make you resent another team.

dolfan7171 likes this.
  12. DenverDolfan

DenverDolfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Mar 13, 2009
    Lakewood CO
    Then with just seven minutes remaining in a game against the New York Jets on December 7, Stephenson suffered a career-ending knee injury. It happened when Jets defensive lineman Marty Lyons blocked Stephenson during a fumble return. While the hit was legal, some argued that it was unnecessary since Stephenson was well behind the ball carrier when Lyons delivered the block.

Zeke0123 and dolfan7171 like this.
  13. RGF

RGF THE FINSTER Club Member

Nov 24, 2007
    NY

:angry: :nono: . Not ALL New Yorkers.

On a serious note, living here in New York I get to witness first hand how annoyingly senseless the fans are . When their team wins a few games they talk sh1t about how great they are, and serious contenders, and they get all cocky like idiots. I have to admit though when they set themselves up for a huge letdown I get great enjoyment watching these fools fall square on their collective faces, over and over and over....

14. Not So Fast

Not So Fast Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2012
    Lake Worth, FL
    They're a rival, plain and simple. If they weren't in our division or conference, I wouldn't care about them.

dolfan7171 likes this.
  15. KeyFin

KeyFin Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    Honestly, I love the Jets. Because if they weren't our main division rivals, then some of my best Dolphin memories never would have happened. I love the Jets because Miami goes into that match-up twice every year like the world is on fire and they have to squash every inch of green jersey into the ground to save humanity. I love the Jets because they come in with the same mentality, so these two teams always play like its the Super Bowl...even when one (or both) of them suck that year. I also love the Jets because when they make it to the playoffs, it's someone that I'm emotionally invested in that I can root for to spank the Pats....which makes me love them even more. Also, the Jets have Sexy Rexy...and what's not to love about him?

Finally, I love the Jets because as a lifetime Fin fan, I hope the Jets do awesome every year. Because even if they're 15-0 and we're 0-15, I know our Dolphins are going to come out and shock the world by beating the ever-loving snot out of them for 60 straight minutes. Because as much as we love Miami, we love stealing something from our division rivals even more when it's a must-win game for them. So yeah, what's there not to love about the Jets?

dolfan7171 likes this.
  16. JMHPhin

JMHPhin Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 27, 2007
    Ohio
    Because it feels so good

dolfan7171 likes this.
  17. PhinFan1968

Because who has a f***ing AIRPLANE as their f***ing insignia?!?!?!?!! Seriously....

dolfan7171 likes this.
  18. jason8er

jason8er Luxury Box Luxury Box

Dec 7, 2007
    Beaufort, SC
    I ran out of uncles to take me to Shea Stadium once a year to see my beloved Dolphins. Poor bastards barely got outta there intact. Every year it was, "Sorry Jay, find someone else to take you next year!"

dolfan7171 likes this.
  19. Rosco 35

Rosco 35 New Member

Oct 12, 2014
    here is why I hate the JETS , the media always cowtow to the jets when we play them hence the Monday night miracle why cant it be the Monday night fiasco ?

another reason I hate the jets is they have a tendency to cheat, i.e. The sideline tripping incident a couple of years back.

dolfan7171 likes this.
  20. mbsinmisc

mbsinmisc Season Ticket Holder

Nov 24, 2007
    Murrells Inlet SC
    A.J. Duhe
    Dwight Stevenson
    Fireman Ed
    above all, I have never met a Jest's fan that didn't need punched in the mouth.

dolfan7171 likes this.
  21. cdz12250

cdz12250 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Coconut Grove
    Thank you all for giving me this opportunity.

The Jets and their fan base represent everything that's wrong with the human race. They exist as an illustration of the worst of the human condition and failed character. As New Yorkers, they believe that they occupy the navel of the universe and everyone else is a hick. They are arrogant, condescending, overly aggressive, loud-mouthed, abusive braggarts who wouldn't know class if they fell over it. Since they know everything better than everyone else, they think that they can buy championships rather than getting there through hard work and loyalty. But they always fail, because character flaws are often rewarded by failure. They think everything is their due, and that they can get wherever they want to go by sharp practices. They are true representatives of the absolute rock bottom worst of the greatest metropolis in the world. I love to see them suffer, and I love even more when we inflict suffering on them.

Thank you. I feel much better.

22. Arodgers12

Arodgers12 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2010
    I cant stand the Jets either.

dolfan7171 likes this.
  23. TheHighExhaulted

TheHighExhaulted Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2008
    The fans. Simple as that.

dolfan7171 likes this.
  24. PhinFan1968

There's a fairly new guy at work who happens to be a Jest fan...hasn't said much...

mbsinmisc and dolfan7171 like this.
  25. jdallen1222

jdallen1222 Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    Plantation, Fl
    No class, fans are usually *******s, uniforms and colors are ugly as ****, their logo sucks, their structure is dysfunctional, and they have to share a stadium with my 2nd fav team the Giants.

dolfan7171, bran and MikeHoncho like this.
  26. Ludacris

Ludacris Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jan 8, 2008
    Probably for the same reason we hate the Knicks. They're just so obnoxious.

dolfan7171 likes this.
  27. cuchulainn

cuchulainn Táin Bó Cúailnge Club Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Hattiesburg, MS
    Same as most of the sentiments here - it's really the fans, silly media coverage of them, and mouthy players and coaches that cause most of the ill feelings, coupled with the cheap shots from them both verbal and physical.

It's also the same for me and Alabama football. I could care less about the Crimson Tide, but the mouthy, obnoxious, whiny or bragging fans compels me to root for anyone playing them.

Ironically, I like Joe Namath who played for both. Go figure... lol...

dolfan7171 likes this.
  28. Alex13

Alex13 Tua Time !!! Club Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Berlin,Germany
    is it offseason ?

dolfan7171 likes this.
  29. Kud_II

Kud_II Realist Division

Oct 15, 2011
    Seneca, SC
    J-e-t-s spells **** to me.

dolfan7171 likes this.
  30. Unlucky 13

Unlucky 13 Team Raheem Club Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    For much of my earlier time as a fan, the Fins were clearly the better team than the Jets, but somehow, someway would find a way to lose to them and have it ruin our season.

1991: 8-7, final game. Win and we're in the playoffs. Lose to the Jets at home.

1993: Got swept by a Jets team for the only two losses in the Fins first 11 games. Yes, the year was derailed by Marino and others getting hurt, but it still sucks.

1995: Lost to a Jets team that ended up 3-13. That was the difference between winning the division and the wild card, which led to a loss at Buffalo in the playoffs. Ended Shula's career.

1999: Swept by a Jets team that finished 8-8. Ended up not mattering in the standings, but nearly knocked us out of the playoffs.

2000: The "Nightmare in New York" Monday night game was part of being swept yet again. Fins were clearly the better team, yet also had their worst loss of season at home to Jets. One win would have meant a first round bye, and the first 12 win season in a decade (at that point).

2001: Swept yet again. One win would have not only meant a Divisional title and first round bye, it may have stalled the Freeking Patriots dynasty that began that season!

2005: 9-7 Fins team lost to a 4-12 Jets team.

2010: Lost at home on Sunday Night in a game featuring numerous BS - "How did that happen???" plays. Derailed what would have been a 3-0 start to the season.

2012: Lost at home in OT when we missed a FG. Part of back to back OT losses that derailed what could have been a great start to the season.

2013: Needed a win at home against a lousy Jets team to get into the playoffs and lose - just like 1991.

31. PhinFan1968

Divisional games gonna divisional game.

dolfan7171 likes this.
  32. Eop05

Eop05 Junior Member Club Member

Dec 8, 2007
    NJ
    Miami lost 8 straight to the Jets while I was High School. I live in the town next to East Rutherford (Giants Stadium). Imagine going through 4 years of High School and not beating the Jets once....in Jets Land.

Oh, and the Dolphins had relatively strong teams in those years 1998-2001

dolfan7171 likes this.
  33. Arodgers12

Arodgers12 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2010
    I don't know about you guys but I get so sick of hearing about the Jets. The NFL Network, Espn shows I swear do a segment on the Jets three times a week. Nobody cares outside of Jet fans. That team hasn't been a threat since they went to the AFC title game in 2010. They had a couple good years but that is about it. Colin Cowherd talks about the Jets almost every day like he is obsessed with them.

dolfan7171 and bran like this.
  34. dolphindebby

dolphindebby Season Ticket Holder Luxury Box

Nov 26, 2007
    GA
    There just there. :angry:
    I hate all the teams in out conference.

dolfan7171 likes this.
  35. Unlucky 13

Unlucky 13 Team Raheem Club Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    Since Im not commuting anymore, I haven't listened to Cowheard since last year, but he's an admitted bigot in favor of the biggest market teams. He only sees things through the eyes of big ratings, and has said many times how bad he thinks it is when a "small market" (not that Miami is) team is really good.

dolfan7171 likes this.
  36. dirtywhiteboy

dirtywhiteboy Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Central Fl
    The great thing is...no matter how much we hate them, they always give us a reason to laugh at them.
    Oh, and jest fan's tears taste like candy!

mbsinmisc and dolfan7171 like this.
  37. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2013
    Norfolk VA
    Yeah with Rex, Geno, and Vick there they are like a daytime soap opera. Hey at least Tebow is gone.

Excellent post by Unlucky - that's why i hate the Jets.

For the Miracle at the Meadowlands game, I was watching at Cinema Cafe with my then-wife. I remember at half time all the rowdy Phins fans standing up in the theatre and tearing up Jets banners in front of the crowd, generally going apesh*t. We were loving it. Then things started going downhill. I remember walking out of there at like 1am, so many long faces and pissed off dolphins fans. Yeah that sucked lol, but a fun memory.

dolfan7171 likes this.
  38. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    They are our division rivals but I hate them for than the others because:

I hate their fans.
    I hate their city
    Period

dolfan7171 likes this.
  39. PhinGeneral

PhinGeneral PC Texas A&M, Bro Club Member

Jan 4, 2008
    Swamps of Jersey
    I hate the Jets because much of their fan base are obnoxious, drunken clowns that tend to act like they're missing a chromosome.

However, living in the NY Metropolitan area I can tell you the above is not really accurate. They are no more bandwagon jumpers than any other fan base. In fact, they tend to support their pro teams better than most cities, even when they are not doing well. That Jet team will still pretty much pack that stadium. Same for the Giants and teams like the Knicks, Rangers and Yankees. Believe me, there are worse cities. A lot of them.

dolfan7171 likes this.
  40. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    Their fan base is so terrible, that 60,000+ of them booed a 12 year old child on national TV for wearing a jersey he was probably forced to wear. They can rot in hell.

Also, they act like Jersey is the greatest place in the world and yet they can't wait to move to NY or FL.

dolfan7171 and maynard like this.