1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reshad Jones and Charles Clay

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Rocky Raccoon, Oct 19, 2014.

1. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    Two guys who looked like their old selves today. Jones was all over the field and looked like he did during his breakout season in 2012. He seems real hungry out there. Flying around the ball like two years ago.

Clay looked like the Clay we got accustomed to last season. Big, clutch catches and his first touchdown. I think his slow start could be chalked up to nagging injuries and getting comfortable in the new offense.

It's just one game, but if we could continue to get good, consistent play from the offense and defense, we could be tough to beat. Jones and Clay are both key members of their respective units.

2. TheHighExhaulted

TheHighExhaulted Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2008
    Clay is a key part to this offense. It was refreshing to see him catching passes today. Landry is also making Hartline very expendable. If I see Hartline make a catch and do his circle back cut upfield again I am going to be sick. Don't get me wrong, the guy catches everything thrown to him but after the catch he's just embarassing to watch.

Pandarilla and NyPhinfan like this.
  3. Dolfan330

Dolfan330 My wein is so chaffed...

Jan 25, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Hartline couldnt stay on his feet if his life depended on it. For someone that runs such crisp routes, it baffles me how clumsy he looks after the catch.

4. Mcduffie81

Mcduffie81 Wildcat Club Member

Mar 23, 2008
    Lake Worth, Fl.
    Hartline is blah. Clay is a great receiver with obvious run after catch potential.

Reshad is spectacular. LOVE what he is doing!

5. Disgustipate

Disgustipate Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Charles Clay I wasn't particularly worried about. He was hurt. He's too well-rounded and too hard of a worker for him to have fallen off because of an offensive change.

Jones I'm not sure about. He got paid, fell off, and is now in a position where the payday is in jeopardy.

edit- Could we start a "dumb opinions about Brian Hartline" thread? Seems to be a substantial need.

6. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips hmm.

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    clay looked like his old self, that was huge.

Landry has vision and ability to get up field that hartline should be very afraid of. Landry caught two screens today and turned them into 10+ yards with his ability in a way Hartline can only dream about.

7. Mcduffie81

Mcduffie81 Wildcat Club Member

Mar 23, 2008
    Lake Worth, Fl.
    Reshad is playing out of his mind, and I'm not even talking about the gimme INT.

unluckyluciano, gunn34 and Stitches like this.
  8. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    I feel like Jones was asked to do things last year that didn't fit his strengths. Bad linebacker play had a lot to do with that I believe. He's much better when he can freelance and attack.

thisperishedmin, CWBIII and Phyl like this.
  9. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

Regardless of how you feel about Hartline, he's not a $30 million man. For $6 million the US government got a damned super cyborg.

10. PhinFan1968

PhinFan1968 To 2020, and BEYOND! Club Member

Or 34 toilet seats.

Pandarilla and GARDENHEAD like this.
  11. Disgustipate

Disgustipate Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    I think there's a degree of truth to this, but I think we also saw some flat out ****ty play from Jones on his own merits. He's not the most well-rounded of safeties, but in '12 he was making plays in the box, primary man coverage, etc. as well.

Rocky Raccoon likes this.
  12. Kingtut561

Kingtut561 New Member

Apr 30, 2013
    West Palm Beach Fl,
    I'm dead! Hysterical because I'm a VET and I was lucky to witness wasteful spending close up.

13. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    It would be a quick thread Pate, he's a good #4 receiver.

14. Itsdahumidity

Itsdahumidity X gonna take it from ya

Dec 10, 2007
    It seems Jones is back to his contract year self. Keep it up Reshad. Said it before I'll say it again, Clay can/should be an absolute stud in this offense.

15. gunn34

gunn34 I miss Don & Dan

Jan 5, 2008
    Oviedo FL
    I think we underutilize Clay .

16. rdhstlr23

rdhstlr23 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    Totally agree.

It was apparent that Clay was a focal point because he was the first read multiple times.

RE: Brian Hartline. Hartline owned Kyle Fuller while he was in the game. He had him beat for a long TD on the 23 yd pass to Clay in the 1st QTR. He beat him a few other times, but EVERYTHING was open underneath.

Mel Tucker, Bears DC, should be fired for the game plan he put together. He basically took away everything deep, which is an issue for Miami, and allowed everything underneath, which is a strength.

Reshad Jones had a massive INT on that mix up. That was a game changer. He's been really good the 2 games he's been back.

17. Sleepy

Sleepy Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2011
    Surprise, Arizona
    What will be Jimmy Wilson's role once he returns from injury?

18. Ronnie Bass

Ronnie Bass Luxury Box Luxury Box

Dec 19, 2007
    Water boy?

19. cuchulainn

cuchulainn Táin Bó Cúailnge Club Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Hattiesburg, MS
    He should go back to nickel corner... we had Michael Thomas in this role during the Bears game...

20. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

Yeah, I might add that I think the DL played a game like they are capable of as well as those two you mentioned... I hope that DJ has spent this time out of the game re-energizing himself and devoting himself to his craft. He has the potential, but that, as we all know, is a nasty word...

21. Canad-phin

Canad-phin Active Member

Oct 17, 2012
    I know there was an interview with DJ where he said he was going to find a pass rushing coach and work on his technique. my take on him is he gets out of his stance really slow for a tremendous athlete like he's always looking for a quick pass to bat down. On a few plays last year when he just rushed the passer he got a few holding calls and some hits. I'd like to see him shoot himself out of a cannon more often. Maybe with some leads he can do that.

22. PhinFan1968

PhinFan1968 To 2020, and BEYOND! Club Member

The bit about getting a DL coach to work with was before he got the re-suspension and headed out to Cali for treatment.

Hopefully he still went through with it.