1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ticked off

Discussion in 'SoapBox - Rants forum' started by dullfandan, Oct 18, 2014.

1. dullfandan

dullfandan Active Member

Sep 15, 2013
    Charlotte N.C.
    haven't been on this season but i been reading... all i see id philbin this tannehill that.. sure they arent great but i still feel they are good enough...

defense... was it joe's call on the last play of the packers possession that had a td where wheeler was playing soft? was it joe's call that had wheeler covering the edge receiver?

kevin coyle hasnt figured out how to stop the pass. sure, he has great run D, but whats the point of make a team one dimensional when that part of your defense is your weakest link?

2. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Twuaddle or bust Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    actually, making any offense one dimensional is the goal of any defensive coordinator. we do have weaknesses in pass defense (Finnegan at corner, J Wilson anywhere and Coyle's inability to design his defenses to get the right people in coverage). The hope is that the pass rush can compensate for the back end of the defense. You give Philbin and Tannehill a bye for an excuse. our defense was one play away from playing one of their more memorable games in quite some time.

3. dullfandan

dullfandan Active Member

Sep 15, 2013
    Charlotte N.C.
    more than one play.... how bout that 4th down they gave up, maybe them long 3rd down conversions they gave up... terrible schemes.

im not a philbin or a tann fan anymore. tann is avg at best, and joe isnt a leader at all..

im jes saying, coyle defense is worse than joes coaching, imo.......

4. Rosco 35

Rosco 35 New Member

Oct 12, 2014
    why does it seem like people seem to make excuses for losing , example oh we are closer then ever, or Hartline fell down so lets give him ten years and maybe he will be a pro bowler.

Miami is one of very few teams that takes more then 3 or 4 years to rebound.

I am sick of the losing and excuse making . other teams like Detroit , Cleveland , Arizona and the Bengals have become more respectable then the Dolphins, so when will the dolphins have players that are in the top 15 players ? when was the last time we had a top ten offense ? the answer is never , we went undefeated and they are the most disrespected team of that era .

the losing seems to be more acceptable as each year passes. I don't dislike anything said but the excusses need to stop.