1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I feel so dirty Please forgive me!

Discussion in 'AFC East Rivals' started by Puka-head, Oct 16, 2014.

1. Puka-head

Puka-head My2nd Fav team:___vs Jets Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Slightly left of center
    Forgive me please football Gods. I beg your understanding fellow dolfans as I come before you to confess my sin. It is even more disgusting and horrible because not just once but TWICE now within the last ten minutes I have caught myself pulling for:pity:... The jets. Oh I cant believe it either please have mercy. I'm sure this moment of weakness shall pass
    But lo the last two minutes of a football game can be an eternity. And if they can kick the FG to win. OH PLEASE HELP ME I WILL BE HAPPY THE JETS WON.

I need a shower:pity:

resnor likes this.
  2. PhinFan1968

PhinFan1968 To 2020, and BEYOND! Club Member

You're safe.

3. gilv13

gilv13 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2009
    [​IMG]

McLovin, Bpk and slickj101 like this.
  4. Mcduffie81

Mcduffie81 Wildcat Club Member

Mar 23, 2008
    Lake Worth, Fl.
    Freakin Pats...just won't die. Cockroaches.

McLovin and 77FinFan like this.
  5. jpep13

jpep13 Coach Of The Year Club Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Damn Jets, oh we'll at least they are falling further into the cellar. That's the good news.

6. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    That's marvelous.

7. ToddPhin

ToddPhin Premium Member Luxury Box Club Member

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    Darn, was hoping this was a Maynard thread. :sigh:

McLovin likes this.
  8. Puka-head

Nov 25, 2007
    Slightly left of center
    You should have known...he wouldn't feel dirty or ask for forgiveness would he?

ToddPhin, McLovin and bigbry like this.
  9. vt_dolfan

vt_dolfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Ya got a point there

McLovin likes this.
  10. Vertical Limit

Vertical Limit Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    im uncomfortable talking **** about bad teams in the NFL when we are bad ourselves... If the Jets beat us later in the season which by the way, it wouldnt shock me at all, then you statt feeling a little dumb for it.. We have talked badly about geno smith so many times last season and laugh at the Jets for having him as their franchise quarterback and then he eliminates us from the playoffs... We are just as bad...

11. FinNasty

FinNasty Alabama don’t want this... Staff Member Club Member

Dec 1, 2007
    Zach13 likes this.
  12. Zach13

Zach13 Season Ticket Holder

Nov 28, 2007
    Miami
    I couldn't believe that I was also rooting for the Jets to win the game.
    In the 1st half, both times that the Jets got into the Red Zone the officials called them for holding.

13. Phinfanjt

Phinfanjt New Member

Jan 29, 2013
    No one was "talking ****" about the Jets. He said he felt dirty pulling for them

14. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    You're overthinking this man. We're Dolphins fans and we hate the Jets. So no matter what is happening with us, watching the Jets lose always makes me happy.

FinSane likes this.
  15. McLovin

McLovin Resident Pats fan.

May 7, 2008
    North Cacalaka
    ZOMG

did you see the ref help up Geno Smith?

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2014/10/nfl_what_official_did_during_jets-patriots_blocked_field_goal_is_standard_procedure.html

16. Vertical Limit

Vertical Limit Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Not overthinking it at all, I think we embarrassed ourselves pretty bad last Sunday that we don't have much room for trash talk.

17. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
  18. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    Embarrassed ourselves? We lost on a last second touchdown to the best QB in the league.

Frustrating and heart breaking for sure, but embarrassing? No way.

19. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    Listening to the radio on the way home, they acted like Packers embarrassed themselves by being close to the Dolphins

McLovin likes this.
  20. ToddPhin

ToddPhin Premium Member Luxury Box Club Member

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    No but YOU would.... after making your way through, around, and over his farm animals, inflatable dolls, various rubber items, and sleeping bodies of CiF, McLovin, and L'meister the next morning.

21. Puka-head

Nov 25, 2007
    Slightly left of center
    I'm getting pretty old, definitely don't have the stamina of my youth, so I doubt I would have made it past the inflatable dolls before I had to nap anyway. And none of those things being done, except for maybe you McLovin :wink2: would make feel as dirty as wanting the jesters to ever be any better than a butt fumble.

ToddPhin likes this.
  22. FinSane

FinSane Cynical Dolphins Fan

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    I compare our rivals to life in high school.

To me, the Jets are like that bully you had in school that you hated and no one else really liked him either, but they put up with him because he never shuts up and thinks he can kick anyone's ***. Today, they're that same bully who grew up to be a loser and who you can't really hate or dislike anymore, you find it amusing whenever you hear about the latest dumb thing the bully did and how its all caught up to him, but you kind of feel sorry for too. But you're not surprised either because you saw it coming. The Jets are a loser team with idiots running the show. The only team I thought the Jets looked like a SB team was the 1998 team. But Testaverde's age caught up to him. And they never put together a good team around Pennington after that and keep shooting themselves in foot with every stupid move they've made since then.

As for us, we suck, but we're more of a dysfunctional kind of suck. We always seem to have a dysfunctional front office and coaching staff and every year we seem to have at least one mentally dysfunctional player who either destroys his career with us, or destroys a season for us. We live in the past probably worse than Jets fans do honestly. I mean its great we have the 72 team, one of the greatest coaches and QBs of all time and a rich history with some of great HOF talent players. But we haven't been a serious contender for a long, long time. I mean, the last Dolphins team that I think was a serious contender was the 1994 team. We probably would've lost to the Niners anyway in the SB, but I think we were good enough that year to beat anyone. 1992 was a good year too, but also probably would've resulted in a loss to the Cowboys in the SB. Those JJ teams were good, but never good enough. We were always a few pieces short on both sides of the ball to go past the first two rounds of the playoffs. The JJ defense didn't bend but sometimes it broke. 62-7, man. Wanny took a solid defense and ran Ricky to the ground and drafted like a moron. None of those teams, from 1996-2003, was ever going to be good enough to contend. They fun to watch at times and did make the playoffs most of the time, but there was always huge holes needed to fill. We know the story of our dysfunction from 2004-current. We're the kid in school that had a lot potential but for some reason or another can't get our **** right. Most popular kid in school, everyone's jealous of, good parents, captain of the football team, prom king. But grew up and wound up not doing much recently. We're stuck in the same town and the same High School mindset and can't seem to get out of it. We're still trying to relive the glory days to no avail.

The Pats are like the kid in school that that no one liked or cared much about because the kid wasn't good at anything until the kid graduated and out of nowhere started to get lucky in life and hit it big. Then it turns out he was running a ponzi scheme but got away with it. But because the kid got rich, he bought popularity and suddenly people started hanging out with him and talking about him. You can't believe he's gotten away with fooling everyone and rigging the game to get successful, but whenever something bad happens to him, you get extremely happy. Nowadays you just hope he fails everytime.

The Bills have been bad for so long since their early 90s heyday that its hard to hate on them as much as the other two. They're that kid in school who was popular for a little awhile but after awhile he's failed at everything he does. You can't hate on him, you just feel bad for him. Heck, I even like Jim Kelly, Thurman Thomas and Bruce Smith. I just hated the fact that we couldn't stop them when we had a chance in the playoffs back then.

Puka-head likes this.