1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

One Area we match up very well with next two Opp.

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by vt_dolfan, Oct 2, 2014.

1. vt_dolfan

vt_dolfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Heres a great site for yall to check out. Its written by ex NFL football players...and the analysis has been amazing to read.

http://www.footballbyfootball.com/column/aaron-rodgers-makes-scooby-snacks-of-single-high-coverage

Whats great about this article..is you get an idea of not only why I think we match up very well with GB..but also with Chicago..our next two opponents

heylookatme and mnfinfan like this.
  2. vt_dolfan

If you look..both teams stuggle to stop the run..so they will be forced to use single high coverage to get extra men in the box..this could be why youve seen us get Thigpen and James signed..where one of those could be used..especially in the passing game because they play so well in space. Miller and Thomas have done a great job in blocking..so I thinks its entirely possible we see alot of two back sets with Miller and either Thigpen or James as the other back...I can see alot of screens to either side ... as well as some wheel routes. Really..our RBs even D Wil..offer us alot of flexibility and creativity that Lazor can use...

Unlucky 13 likes this.
  3. vt_dolfan

Fin D likes this.
  4. mnfinfan

mnfinfan Active Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    Grand Cayman and Minnesota
  5. vt_dolfan

Actually, to be honest, CK has been tweeting about the articles in FBF....so he gets the props for finding it.

mnfinfan likes this.
  6. heylookatme

heylookatme Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2012
    Yeah that's a great site. I always kind of liked Sage Rosenfels. The Rosencopter!

7. Unlucky 13

Unlucky 13 Team Raheem Club Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    Those are very good points. Also though, the Lions could very well do to us what they did to the Pack. If Rodgers didn't play well, that doesn't bode well for Ryan. Lets hope the running game is clicking.

8. vt_dolfan

I think thats going to be key as we get into the season....we HAVE to be able to run the ball against the Cover Two. Have to. If we cant, then the passing game becomes much harder. I think if we look back though..we were able to do that against Buffalo at times.

9. vt_dolfan

I think when you read well thought out analysis by actual players...it maybe..makes more sense to the casual fan. Some of the breakdown by coaches..or guys who study tape can be very heady. Football players tend to explain things more straight forward..

10. mnfinfan

mnfinfan Active Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    Grand Cayman and Minnesota
    I agree, I have read some articles by players that just made no sense but these are well written, good arguments for their point and have the additional push as each of them has been in game situations for an NFL team. Will have to stroll by that site more often.

11. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    One of my favorite formations is the two back, 3 WR shotgun set.

Give me a slot receiver who is shifty and two backs who are well rounded in all areas and ill give you a successful offense with that set. I'd love to see us use it. You can put Clay in the slot or shift him inside as well.