1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Jerick McKinnon Debate

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by Alex13, Oct 1, 2014.

1. Alex13

Alex13 Tua Time !!! Club Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Berlin,Germany
    so what do you think, is he worth a pickup ? he is limited in practice due to an ankle injury on a short week against the packers....whats your opinion on him ?

2. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    I think he's a good investment if you have the bench space. I don't know if I'd feel comfortable using him as an every week starter quite yet.

Alex13 likes this.
  3. 305

305 Brawndo Club Member

Dec 7, 2007
    Get off my lawn.
    Yeah if you have the room... who ya gonna drop?

Personally, I love the kid, and he's a freak in a high upside position with AP out of the picture right now.

Alex13 likes this.
  4. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    In a keeper or dynasty yes. In a redraft league he's a TD dependent flex play who will stay behind asiata this year except maybe in passing situations. I think he's much more viable in Ppr then non Ppr this year

Alex13 likes this.
  5. ToddPhin

ToddPhin Premium Member Luxury Box Club Member

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    I was gonna pick him up Sunday before his game if my 1'oclock games went well enough, and then I talked myself out of it.... only to watch McKinnon's game and see the special things he's capable of with live bullets flying. Cost me $42 in waiver budget b/c I was too dumb to not pull the trigger when my gut was telling me to.

If you have the roster spot, grab him and hold him because he'll be a consistent contributor before you know it, and by season's end he could be helping to win championships. The NFL is simple. The best back will get the carries. During the second half of the season, Asiati likely won't be getting McKinnon's touches just to get them, just as he wasn't getting AP's touches just to do so. Norv Turner had LaDainian Tomlinson. I'm sure he remembers what LT did for his offense, and I'm sure he remembers how he used LT. Yes, Asiata will get much of the goal line attempts, but there will be runs that McKinnon doesn't get stopped at the goal line on.

Alex13 likes this.
  6. Alex13

Alex13 Tua Time !!! Club Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Berlin,Germany
    what is the outlook of AP is he coming back at all ? i have 2 injured RB's on my roster with moreno and ryan mathews, with the news that moreno will miss another 4 weeks, i' m tempted to drop him

7. ToddPhin

ToddPhin Premium Member Luxury Box Club Member

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    From what I've read, he has roughly a snowball's chance in hell of playing this year.