1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brissett QB, NC State

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by mroz, Sep 27, 2014.

1. mroz

mroz Fix the OL Club Member

Oct 26, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    I will be the first to admit that I don't know crap about this kid. He could be playing out of his mind right now Vs FSU.

Kid is playing with some great awareness right now. He is going through his progressions. He is showing some pretty good pocket awareness. Has some great placement on his passes.

For you draft gurus what is the thoughts on him?

2. gunn34

gunn34 I miss Don & Dan

Jan 5, 2008
    Oviedo FL
    As I was watching the game, I was thinking the same thing.

3. CrunchTime

CrunchTime Administrator Retired Administrator

Nov 23, 2007
    I can tell you the Floridas fans are disgusted Muschamp chose Driskell over him to start. Muschamp is clueless as to offense.He is not head coaching material.

Mainge, ajaffe9 and ckparrothead like this.
  4. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    I have yet to catch up on him but he impressed the hell out of me when he faced South Florida. We actually have a decent defense when our defensive coordinator gets around to game planning against an opponent (he literally did not do this against Western Carolina, that's not even an exaggeration...he all but admitted it). Wisconsin found that out today as we held Melvin Gordon in check for most of the game and only lost 27-10 when Wisconsin were favored by 33 points with a 50.0 over-under which implies a 41 or 42 point estimate that Wisconsin should have scored.

But Jacoby Brissett absolutely diced South Florida apart....49-17.

5. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    He's actually played three impressive games this year because Georgia Southern is actually a good team.

Against the three opponents he's 80 of 117 for 916 yards, 8 TDs, 1 INT, 18 runs for 142 yards and 6 sack for -53 yards.

That's pretty good.

6. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    Just to give you an idea beyond the stats what this guy is doing, here's the Florida State game.

[video=youtube;oo2pdkyiy4E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=oo2pdkyiy4E[/video]

Dude ****ing balled out against a fearsome National Champion defense. Notched just about everything you'd want to see out of a pro prospect. It's actually one of those almost-can't-believe-my-eyes type of films.

The problem with this dude is prior to 2014, the only full game he played was 2012 against Jacksonville State. So this guy's got practically nothing other than recruiting knowledge and word-of-mouth from coaches going for/against him. This year is the first he's laying something significant enough to grade down on film. But I can ****ing guarantee this Florida State game is being dissected by teams right now, and the South Florida and Georgia Southern games are being Fedex'd to them as we speak. And they have their blood hounds all over people who have coached him, taught him, etc in the past. I don't know his past at all other than that he's a former Florida Gator.

You want a trait that might not be obvious until you see it or are told to look for it and then you're like "Oh yeah!"? His hands. BIG hands that control the football easily. Cam Newton style.

Guy is 6'4" & 230+ lbs, has a hose for an arm, big hands and running ability (times in the 4.6's). Comes outta nowhere and starts throwing like Russell Wilson (the Wisconsin version). Yowsa.

7. Nappy Roots

Nappy Roots Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL
    His poise against FSU was great. He wouldn't go down very easy either. Was impressive.

8. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    I wish I could get my hands on the NC State-South Florida game because he really diced us up in that game. I'll settle for the Georgia Southern and ODU games.

But in reality I would have to consider it a surprise to see him come out of college. In these situations the guy usually stays at his transfer school for two years unless you're Cam Newton and everything falls into place for you to be a #1 overall.

Still, he gives me something nice to look forward to in 2016 if indeed that's the year he comes out. Hackenberg probably out in 2016 as well, and that could be the year Jameis comes out. Hell there's no indication Connor Cook will come out in 2015 so he could stay until 2016 as well. He hasn't ever even been a captain at MSU yet so he could be a little focused on that, being captain and leading them on a real championship run (whereas I think their loss to Oregon may knock that out of them this year).

What a year that could be. Even Taysom Hill could be quite the x-factor in 2016 if he stays in school a year longer and starts to clean up some of his accuracy and decision-making issues. Tremendous combination of natural physical tools and pure knack for play-making on Taysom Hill.

Kenny Hill could be out in 2016 as well.

9. Fin4Ever

Fin4Ever Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Aug 26, 2014
    Vero Beach, FL
    And who knows..maybe even Brad Kaaya may come out although it would be kinda early for him to do so..I know one thing..I think OC James Coley is pretty darn good.