1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lets discuss the other coaches. Also a little venting.

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Sceeto, Sep 21, 2014.

1. Sceeto

Sceeto Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    New York
    I know most people want to bash Philbin to pieces. I don't mind, You all obviously have the right and your criticisms are fine and expected. I have criticisms for a lot of people in the organization as well.

I just don't think the others should be free of major criticism. C'mon. Lets spread the venom. There is surely enough to go around.

Coyle:
    How's this guy for a disappointment? He has some good tools at his disposal. The LBs suck, but outside of them, the D should be a lot better. There is talent there. He's done jack **** with them. They are still the old bend and break D. I don't see any special coaching or scheming, etc, etc, etc. If he's the D coordinator, then he has to take his share of the blame because his D is an absolute joke. Wake will be wasted on this team. He will never get his shot. Very sad. He's such a great player and person. Sucks.

Lazor:

Are you ****ing kidding me?? All of that preseason hype was a steaming pile of BS. I see nothing special nor innovative in his O, There is no "fast paced, fast tempo" BS. None. It's the same predictable BS. What-a-major-****ing letdown.

Rizzi:

Awesome man! Just awesome special teams coaching. Awesome!! :tantrum:

As a reminder: We all or most were psyched when Parcells took over, now we all hate him. He had a track record. He's been successful, but he comes here, has one good year, then later leaves. We all thought Saban was the answer. He sure had a great college record, and ran a more pro system and guess what? he came here and sucked and then put his head between his legs and slunk off. Point is.....you just never know.

Honestly, I, unlike others, thinks that the coaching only goes so far. I truly think it mostly comes down to talent and not just physical, but mental as well and probably even more so.

On the field and especially the O, we all know the leader is the QB. I definitely do not want to believe this. I want nothing more to be wrong here, but I definitely do not think Tanne is the answer nor do think he ever will be and he didn't play horribly today, but that's part of the point. Even when he doesn't make gigantic mistakes, his play is, at best, .....ok. He just is not a play maker. He's a dink and dunker and he certainly lacks a certain kind of mental aspect needed to be a great QB. I am sorry, but it is certainly true. We discuss the low percentage rates for making those big throws, but every ****ing week I see other QBs making those throws. Every week!! You can not sustain success the way this O plays. We also can no longer blame Wallace for his woes. Hopefully that **** has been finally put to bed, though I doubt it will be.

I used to be one who would support anyone playing QB for the Phins. Heck, I was even cheering when Cleo ****ing Lemon was our QB. I will admit that I am a big homer. Definitely, but that part of it actually stopped for me after the John Beck experiment. I remember everyone, myself included, constantly defended him, etc. The thing at the time was; "He didn't have a full off season with his receivers", yada, yada, yada. He then had that off-season with his receivers and he came out to start the season and still totally sucked. What's he doing now? I was done with thinking that **** after that season. Done. For now on, I won't live in denial and just accept the truth. Unfortunately, I think that's where I am now with Tanne. I think he will rarely win you games. At best, he can be sufficient. We just need better. However, by the time that position ever gets solved, players like Wake, either won't still be here or they will be past their prime. What a shame. It's just a big **** sandwhich now and we all, unfortunately, are going to have to take a big bite or more big bites.

Reason for optimism?
    We were 3-0 at this time last year and look what happened, maybe we will have a reversal of fortune???? Ehh. Who knows?

heylookatme likes this.
  2. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    I honestly wonder if Coyle preps for games by watching film of the opponent or he just wings it. I've seen him trot out the same scheme for 3 years now with no adjustments.

Sceeto likes this.
  3. ASOT

ASOT New Member

Mar 29, 2013
    Coral Gables, FL
    we are 6-10 since that 3-0 start last year. If we win 6 this year I'll be surprised. This year could get really ugly.

4. JShady

JShady Miami Heat lover

Sep 8, 2013
    The best we can honestly do is 8-8.

5. phinsjn

phinsjn New Member

Sep 21, 2014
    hamilton canada
    Rizzi for intern coach ! please rosssssssss

6. PhinFan1968

PhinFan1968 To 2020, and BEYOND! Club Member

You REALLY want that #1 draft pick don't ya?

MAFishFan likes this.
  7. vizi0n

vizi0n Boom.. Club Member

Aug 13, 2012
    Um.... Why?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

8. Philbin hired them

/thread

PhinFan1968 likes this.
  9. Sceeto

Sceeto Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    New York
    Funny, after I got through making this thread, I went back to the board and noticed others are also finally complaining about the other coaches. :pointlol: :up:

10. PhinFan1968

Oh snaps...he dropped the mic!

11. am I wrong?

Not saying I do not agree with his overall points but lets face it Philbin is the guy responsible for making sure they are doing their jobs and every week we see collapses on multiple levels and areas. Thats a HC problem or a lack of one

12. PhinFan1968

Oh I'm not disagreeing with you...I thought that was a solid point.

13. Sceeto

Sceeto Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    New York
    No. It's not a solid point. He didn't hire all of them and even if he did, that doesn't mean their horrible performance is all his fault. They may have seemed like good hires on paper, but have performed like s--t. Pick that mic back up and....stick....ahh, never mind. I still dig you.

14. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

Wasn't that "5-2" formation with the Bear front that he started using sometimes since Week 1, an adjustment?

15. FinSane

FinSane Cynical Dolphins Fan

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    The only time since he's been here that I've seen him make an adjustment was week 1.

16. FinSane

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    All except Rizzi, right? I've been told that Philbin hired all these coaches. It's in his contract...right?

17. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

Whether he hired them from the outside or retained them as holdovers, Philbin assembled the staff and had final say on every coach on the staff. He was not forced to keep Rizzi, Rodgers, Campbell, Nixon, etc, he chose to.

18. FinSane

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    Exactly. At the moment, the only units I see doing well is DL(Rogers) and OL(Benton). So at least we got the trenches figured out. Skill position coaches have been disgraceful. Ill give Duffner a pass because most of our LBs are crap, and our depth guys are showing up the starters(Tripp, Jenkins, and McCain) so maybe he has had a hand in that. But yeah, I'd give this staff an overall D- for this season. If we didn't come out guns blazing against NE in the 2nd half, I'd give them an F for the season so far. It pains me because I wanted to like this staff, I wanted Philbin. I was intrigued with Coyle for what he did with Cincy. I didn't like the 4-3 base conversion though because I thought the 3-4 wasn't the problem before with this D, and admittedly our run defense was a hell lot better under Nolan. Coyle may have done wonders with Cincy's defensive backs, but how much was that Mike Zimmer and Marvin Jones?

As for Lazor, I hoped that we could bring the Oregon offense here because of coaching under Kelly, but so far I haven't seen anything extraordinary about our scheme, and I haven't seen Tanny make very many improvements this year, if any. I mean, that NE game, we left alot of points of the field, so I was thinking maybe if we just executed, we could score alot this year. But today his playcalling was questionable, no excuse for some of those calls today. Kids on madden know better than some of those decisions he made today.

Back to Philbin, I agree with the notion the team takes on the personality of its head coach. And we have a team that is flat, unemotional, unprepared and consistently outcoached every week. That's on the coach. But I have to, *puke*, agree with Armando, Philbin hardly if ever takes responsibility for his poor coaching whereas at least Lazor manned up and admitted his bad playcalling last week. That at least is an acknowledgment of failure, a sign of hopeful progress. Im not sure if it has ever crossed Philbin's mind that maybe he hasn't coached very well. Especially after seeing his odd demeanor towards the players. He's just so disconnected with his guys. At least Sparano had guys who played hard for him. I can't think of a single player on this team that's a "Philbin" guy, not even our QB. Folks, these are not good signs, Philbin is on track to being labeled a failed hire as a HC.