1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thoughts on KB

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by Nappy Roots, Sep 21, 2014.

1. Nappy Roots

Nappy Roots Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL
    Yea. Kelvin Benjamin...

What is your thoughts on KB so far in the NFL? You ready to admit you were wrong about him being a late round TE prospect only?

I was wrong plenty about the draft, so was everyone else. But as a FSU fan, I want justice! lol

2. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    KB is much better than I thought as well. He is a beast. Yeah you obviously can't be right about them all.

3. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    Blaine Gabbert....fml

Alex44 likes this.
  4. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    I was on that Culpepper train too. Brees coming off a shoulder injury and Culpepper coming off a knee injury. It was the safer pick. I also thought Culpepper was better between the 2 (lol)

Alex44 likes this.
  5. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    Hey I was in love with Vince Young. We all miss on QB's :lol:

BuckeyeKing likes this.
  6. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    I will say I never believed in Culpepper....he never played well on turf and his WRs were insanely good. Also hated AJ Feely from the jump. I really thought Henne would be good enough if he would've been coached right.

BuckeyeKing likes this.
  7. Nappy Roots

Nappy Roots Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL

Me too.

BuckeyeKing likes this.
  8. rdhstlr23

rdhstlr23 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    Wanted Benjamin so badly on my Fantasy FB teams, but just never got him. Bummer.

Instead I'm saddled with Roddy, Torrey, Kendall Wright & Cecil Shorts in one league...Double bummer.
    Jordy, Dez, & Floyd in another so...

9. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    Kelvin Benjamin looks very good thus far. His hands have not been an issue, and he's made some great catches.

10. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Well he's no Juan Huron, but his skills are enough at this level yet, and his upside is still high.

11. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    The NFL game is right up his alley..Impressive.

12. jim1

jim1 New Member

Jul 1, 2008
    The next Kelvin Benjamin?

WR Dorial Green Beckham

Could be our Kelvin Benjamin type, 6-6 and can go up for the ball, red zone threat. Imagine him paired with Wallance and Landry...

Watch this guy at 2:28- can move and he's shifty. This is a talented receiver, not a straight up burner but I can see him completing the receiver squad. We need a guy like this way more than Hartline, and as per Tannehill and the short passing game DGB would make a nice target and safety net for Tannehill in all kinds of situations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEtdr01slXI

BTW Beckham has wheels, but he's probably not going to be impressive in a 10 yard split, at all. He's a strider, but watch how he picks up steam when he gets in high gear. Pull away speed, but as one can imagine given his height, he ain't no Brandin Cooks:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_7iGMyMtpk

All things considered, if he's deemed a worthy risk as per off-field behaviour, I'm a buyer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEtdr01slXI

http://www.normantranscript.com/spo...cle_87ca7b1c-88c0-11e4-9482-e79d7f0e350a.html

13. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    As I've said many times, the primary problem with Dorial Green-Beckham is the off field stuff and it is a SIGNIFICANT problem.

On the field everyone's long known he's probably as close to a Calvin Johnson as we've seen since Calvin Johnson. That's been known since when he was the #1 recruit in the country coming out of high school. Think about that. He was THE most sought-after high school recruit in all the land.

But the off-field issues are immense. Not only has he been busted for marijuana stuff a few times, but there was a domestic violence issue whose details are UGLY. There's a lot of corroborating evidence, too. One night he came pounding at the door of his girlfriend and her roommate. The roommate refused him entrance. He busted in the door on her and then shoved that roommate down a flight of stairs. He then went up and grabbed his girlfriend by the neck and dragged her out of the apartment with him. The roommate was pissed and ready to get police involved right away which she did (bless her). The girlfriend kept texting her trying to get her not to get the police involved because "football is the only thing he has". In those texts she completely corroborated everything above, talking to the roommate about how she understands why she's mad, that she's mad herself because he "drug me out by the neck" etc.

This is straight up Lawrence Philips sh-t. He was acting that night like a mad dog that needs to be put down. And if he's done it once, I'm sure he's done it more than once, and it has a very high probability of happening again...especially if he gets drafted high by the NFL as if all is forgiven and forgotten.

14. jim1

jim1 New Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Interesting, I was aware of the stairs issue but not the details and the extent of the violence. Talented kid for sure, but he has a lot to prove as per behavior modification and growing up into a responsible man.

15. jim1

jim1 New Member

Jul 1, 2008
    “@JalenM5: S/o to my boy @DorialGB5 for runnin a 4.35 40yd dash today. SEC better get ready.” Umm...somebody's FAST! #originalOPIcoverboy
    0 replies 1 retweet 2 favorites
    Reply Retweet1 Favorite2
    More
    Marcus DePew ‏@MDePew24 Mar 8
    @JalenM5 @DorialGB5 I can only hope the Rams are in a spot to draft him when he comes out.
    0 replies 0 retweets 1 favorite
    Reply Retweet Favorite1
    More
    Saad Nasir ‏@saadnasir787 Mar 8
    “@JalenM5: S/o to my boy @DorialGB5 for runnin a 4.35 40 yard dash today. The SEC better get ready." 6 foot 6 4.35? #BEAST
    0 replies 0 retweets 1 favorite
    Reply Retweet Favorite1
    More
    Solomon Balenton ‏@solomon573 Mar 11
    @JalenM5 @DorialGB5 @SEC_Logo is that scientifically possible? 6-6 running that?

16. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

Any 40 time is possible on a college campus.

17. jim1

jim1 New Member

Jul 1, 2008
    if he ran even close to a 4.35 at 6-6, 225 lbs that's impressive. i saw a clip of him running i think a 100 yard dash at a track meet, he wan't quick out of the blocks, it took him a while to get to 5th gear. so to me him running a 4.35 or close to it is not only darned good, it's surprisingly good.

18. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    I would not be shocked if he produced a time like that.

He wasn't the #1 recruit in the country for no reason. Like I said he's probably the closest thing we've seen to Calvin Johnson since Calvin Johnson. But you have HUGE off field issues to get past.

19. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

To be honest this is where choosing Philbin as your head coach hurts you.

Because, if we had the right coach, who was very strong at the interpersonal leadership element, you might say "Hey, I think we can be the right culture and support system to help this kid get straight." But As the Martin-Incognito thing, and Philbin's other times avoiding dealing with players with special personality-needs showed, this is NOT the place where the Head Coach can handle a player like Dorial.

So we may lose out on the next CJ while either a confident Head Coach (Pete Carroll) or clueless organization (Raiders) picks him up.

My two cents via iPhone.

20. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Fighter of the Nightman

May 9, 2008
    Inb4 Dallas drafts him and gives him Bryant's former babysitter.