1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OFFICIAL Week 3 Game Thread: Chiefs at Dolphins

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Rocky Raccoon, Sep 21, 2014.

1. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    Well ladies and gentleman, with last week's lost to Buffalo, SICK gets released of game thread duties, and I, your humble hero, will take over this week.

The Chiefs come in at 0-2 and banged up. Despite their early season struggles and a variety of injuries, they are still a team with a good amount of talent who should not be taken lightly.

Our beloved Dolphins come into this game at 1-1 and we are also ravaged by injuries. Mike Pouncey was finally able to practice this week, but he still isn't ready yet. We know Knowshon Moreno will be out at least 4 weeks as well. Thankfully, Lamar Miller was able to participate despite an ankle injury and should be ready to go.

All the talk this week centered around Ryan Tannehill and his early season struggles. I'm looking for Tannehill to bounce back this week against a struggling Chiefs defense and to get himself out of his funk.

Defensively, whether Jamaal Charles plays or not, stopping the run will be the main goal. Getting pressure on Alex Smith will be just as important.

We all know the Special Teams was a disaster last week in Buffalo, and MUST be better against Kansas City.

This game is an Aqua Out. All fans will be given aqua shirts, the end zones are painted aqua, and I, your humble hero, will be wearing my aqua Tannehill jersey. Let's protect our home field and improve to 2-1!!!!!

Fins Up!!!!!

evz, Stitches, Kud_II and 12 others like this.
  2. A13OVEAVERAGE

A13OVEAVERAGE Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Aug 13, 2013
    Frostproof, FL
    We need to establish the run early and often.. Tannehill doesn't need to be around 50 pass attempts this game like last week. With the injury to Moreno, I'm hoping for a big dose of Williams #34 magic against the Chiefs.

[video=youtube;RTrnzYESp3I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTrnzYESp3I[/video]

Kud_II, SICK and Rhody Phins Fan like this.
  3. Alex13

Alex13 Tua Time !!! Club Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Berlin,Germany
    i think we will pass a lot today, lazor wants to get the passing game right

dolfan22 likes this.
  4. Colorado Dolfan

Colorado Dolfan ...dirty drownin' man?

I agree. Perfect time to go a bit "pass happy." KCs pass defense is the best chance so far to get into a passing groove.

5. jpep13

jpep13 Coach Of The Year Club Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Need to get the passrush going.

6. Griese's Glasses

Griese's Glasses Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2013
    Ottawa, ON
    uhh....don't hold your breath.

7. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Better kick some body's ***.

8. BayAreaFinFan

BayAreaFinFan D'oh Club Member

Jul 20, 2010
    San Francisco
    Everybody should play like their job is on the line after last weeks bed wetting.
    go phins!

PhinFan1968 likes this.
  9. RickyBobby

RickyBobby VIP DIY

Sep 22, 2009
    Palm beach
    Excuse my ignorance, but is Misi playing?

10. TooGoodForDez

TooGoodForDez Deion Sanders for GM

Feb 26, 2013
    Let's go Phins! It's time for this offense to take the bull by the horn, get an early lead and keep piling up 'til the end.

11. traderdave

traderdave Football is life

Sep 6, 2014
    South Florida
    A solid effort across the board should win this game for us today. We need decent protection for Tannehill, and a pass rush that will wither Alex Smith. I'm curious to see what Damien Williams can bring to the table with the carries/passes that come his way. Looks like there are still alot of seats available, so expect to see the "aqua out" peppered with orange empties. Looking forward to a good performance. Go Fins!!!

12. traderdave

traderdave Football is life

Sep 6, 2014
    South Florida
    Misi is out.

13. LBsFinest

LBsFinest Banned

Jul 24, 2012
    We better win this game, whether Jamaal Charles plays or not, no excuses. Might seem hard to believe but looking at the rest of our schedule this game could decide whether we're in the playoff hunt come late December or not.

btw if we were to somehow lose these next 2 games I'd fire Philbin on the spot.

14. Vertical Limit

Vertical Limit Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Lol, if you think Miller will break a single tackle... you're in for disappointment. Miller makes Reggie Bush look like a power back.

NyPhinfan likes this.
  15. RoninFin4

RoninFin4 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 11, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    The optimist in me thinks that if Miami can put the game today, and the Raiders game in the bank next week, Miami is going to be getting some "help" back soon in the form of Mike Pouncey, Koa Misi, Reshad Jones, and Knowshon Moreno...eventually/hopefully/maybe Dion Jordan.

The pessimist in me feels like this could be a trap game today and the Chiefs might be better than their record belies.

SICK likes this.
  16. Nappy Roots

Nappy Roots Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL

Agreed.

17. Rick 1966

Rick 1966 Professional Hipshooter

Nov 23, 2007
    Powell, WY
    The local CBS station is showing the damned Pats/Raiders game instead of the Fins-Chiefs. Bastards.

18. Nappy Roots

Nappy Roots Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL

Pats-Raiders are 1pm game.

4:25 game time screws me because they are usually on CBS for the 1pm games. Instead the broncos-Seahawks are on instead.

19. RGF

RGF THE FINSTER Club Member

Nov 24, 2007
    NY
    If the Dolphins are even slightly for real then they must have this game put away going into the 4th quarter. No excuses. After last week they should come out with the intensity they showed in the second half against New England. We`re home...we`re the better team...we have something to prove after last week....we better win. Again, no excuses.

Mcduffie81 likes this.
  20. vt_dolfan

vt_dolfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Rocky..really? Seriously bro..you need to come with some better **** then that. Sick set a bar bro...comeonnn..better add something to that intro..

SICK likes this.
  21. PhinFan1968

PhinFan1968 To 2020, and BEYOND! Club Member

In Florida? How lame.

22. PhinFan1968

Andrew Abramson ‏@AbramsonPBP 4m
    Jamaal Charles not expected to play vs Dolphins per @RapSheet. But he will still test out of his ankle pre-game.

maynard and BayAreaFinFan like this.
  23. adamprez2003

adamprez2003 Senior Member

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    no motorhead video to start us off???????????????? You Suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!****ing bruce springsteen hippie!!!!!!!!!!

go fins!!!!!

a video for our passing offense

[video=youtube;CdsFuwavfVs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdsFuwavfVs[/video]

a video for our run offense

[video=youtube;3VNUyjRRjxM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VNUyjRRjxM[/video]

a video for our defense

[video=youtube;_FBe9l_A3vo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FBe9l_A3vo[/video]

Last edited: Sep 21, 2014
    Rocky Raccoon likes this.
  24. vt_dolfan

I been wondering same thing

Misi is out.

25. PhinFan1968

We really are the walking-wounded coming into this game.

DON'T MATTER! FIN DOMINATION TODAY!

34-17 Mah-am-uh!

26. jw3102

jw3102 season ticket holder

Sep 4, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii
    There was a thread last week which stated that the game against the Bills was a must win game. I never felt the Bills game was a must win game, but I do feel that the game this week and next week against the Raiders are both, must win games, if the Dolphins expect to have a chance for a winning season this year.

If they can win today and next week against two inferior opponents, they will be 3-1 and they will have a solid opportunity to go 6-6 over their remaining schedule and at least have their first winning season in the past six years.

A loss this week or next week will make it extremely difficult for the Dolphins to have a winning season once they enter into their last 12 games. On paper, the last three quarters of their schedule appears much tougher than their first quarter of the season.

My prediction for today- Dolphins 27- Chiefs-13

27. jw3102

jw3102 season ticket holder

Sep 4, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii
    The Raiders vs Patriots is on at 1:00 pm in the east. The Dolphins game against the Chiefs is a late game today. Are you sure CBS isn't showing the Dolphin game after the Patriots game?

I get all the games on Direct TV here in Hawaii so I don't worry about what game the networks are televising, but perhaps you will receive the game on CBS as your late game.

28. Brasfin

Brasfin Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2013
    Brazil
    He's talking about Damien Williams, I believe, who now wears number 34.

A13OVEAVERAGE likes this.
  29. 77FinFan

77FinFan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Mar 10, 2013
    Buckeye Land
    I would love to put up 30 today.

Tripp active today?

30. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    Yeah, SICK set a bar and then we promptly went out and got destroyed last week. I'm shaking things up!

Stitches likes this.
  31. vt_dolfan

lol...

32. Griese's Glasses

Griese's Glasses Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2013
    Ottawa, ON
    I think the outcome of this game will establish what kind of team we are more so than either the NE game or the Bills.

33. adamprez2003

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    I'm worried about this gm. The chiefs are 0-2 after being in the playoffs last year. I can see us losing here, though a win would be huge. For me the regular season doesn't start till week 4. I give teams three weeks to work out their offseason kinks. Next week is a must win

34. Vertical Limit

Vertical Limit Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Every game is important and every game is a must win especially at the end of the year when we're looking at all tie breaker scenarios, we don't want to be in position where we're saying "if only we beat the Bills/Chiefs."

35. adamprez2003

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    yeah that's true but watching for forty years has taught me that teams sometimes need the first qtr of the season to work out their kinks. New offense, new offensibve line....it doesn't always jell as quick as you would like

36. BayAreaFinFan

BayAreaFinFan D'oh Club Member

Jul 20, 2010
    San Francisco
    I really want to see Tannehill play a complete game. He says all the right things, now he needs to show it on the field.
    i want to see good decisions, ACCURATE throws, a command of the offense, confidence, utilize his athleticism, and a mistake free game.

cuchulainn likes this.
  37. heylookatme

heylookatme Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2012
    I honestly think we're going to go out and crush them today. However, I fear this is going to be another game where the team comes out flat, listless, unprepared, and lousy. The crazy emotional siwngs with this team under Philbin are getting old...

38. vt_dolfan

They gotta win..with Tannehill having a good game because another week in here after a loss will be unbearable.

77FinFan likes this.
  39. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    [​IMG]

Colorado Dolfan and Aqua4Ever04 like this.
  40. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    [​IMG]