1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The All-Pro Phins Thread

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Galant, Sep 19, 2014.

1. Galant

Galant Love - Unity - Sacrifice - Eternity

Apr 22, 2014
    'All-Pro' as in 'All-For' (rather than 'Con').

Although there's always lots of room for criticism (constructive or otherwise), sometimes you just need to be able to enjoy the good things. That's something I've found I've needed. Just to be able to enjoy and appreciate the good.

The idea here? Well, remember what your momma said about if you ain't got nothing good to say, say nothing? That's the rule.

Pour out what you enjoyed. Rave on about what you loved.

VManis likes this.
  2. Galant

Apr 22, 2014
    Personally, I'm really pumped that Juwuan James has been doing so well. It's already been said that going up against Cam must have helped a lot. However, being on a squad with Albert too means that right at the beginning of his career he has a chance to benefit directly from two of the best players in the league.

The other rookies like Landry and McCain are something else I'm enjoying and watching for. Been impressed with some of these 'small parts' and hope we see in them something of the future of the Dolphins.

I'm finding that there's a lot to like with this squad and the positive focus and heart seems to be for real, even though the recent loss will be a big test of it. Hearing some of the interviews and reports, I'm glad to see things haven't broken down into a blame game or disunity. That's encouraging. If they keep believing then that helps a lot of fans to stay right with them. Nothing worse than when a team refuses to believe in itself or a player in their team mates.

Speaking of Albert, the news of that mid-game apology and his focus seems like it might be one of those x-factors that really benefits the team, especially Tannehill. Cohesion and examples like that are worth so much. Humble but determined and committed leaders are worth more than their weight in gold.

Looking forward to the next game!

DPlus47, CrunchTime and SICK like this.
  3. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Should probably create an All-Con thread to counter this one. I mean "All-Con" as in Samphins trademarked "Dolfelons".

4. xphinfanx

xphinfanx Stay strong my friends.

Nov 1, 2009
    Wallace seems to be getting more physical at wanting the ball.

5. VManis

VManis Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 10, 2010
    • Ja'Wuan James - It's refreshing to have a high draft pick play like a high draft pick
    • Mike Wallace - He is playing with a passion we seldom saw last year
    • Knowshon Moreno - It sucks that he is hurt but man he is the running game we need
    • Brandon Albert - It's nice to sign a free agent and get what you thought you were getting
    • Courtland Finnegan - His play has been solid and he brings some much needed fire to the defense
    • Jarvis Landry - He was a stud all preseason long and has flashed in his limited playing time
    • LB depth - This group has step up and played well for backups
    • Half time adjustments - I know the coaching staff gets a lot of flack and some will argue that they aren't making huge adjustment but something is happening in the locker room because the team dominated in the 2nd half of the Pats game and looked to be on their way again in the Bills game until special teams screwed things up.
    • Chris McCain - This kid just makes plays
    • Dennis Hickey - He wasn't on the top of anyone's list for GMs but he has come in and done a pretty good job
    • Joe Philbin - You have to give him credit for recognizing his distance from the players wasn't working and taking steps to bridge the gap. The players genuinely seem to appreciate the effort.

Pennington's Limp Arm likes this.
  6. Galant

Apr 22, 2014
    I'll leave that to someone else.

Forgot to mention that one. He's definitely been mixing it up and that one-handed catch last game was a beautiful thing to see.

What do they say, 'You create your own luck", and Gretsky's classic, "You miss 100 of the shots you don't take." Just to have Wallace and the others pushing that bit harder, reaching or diving that bit father, really can make a difference, especially in this game of inches.

Definitely. He's at least earned a second go-round at the table. Didn't really make an 'sexy' picks but it feels to me like he made picks that, for one, are contributors who really bring something to the team, and two, saw something that others often didn't. That gives me confidence and is one big reason why, even if the Dolphins don't make the playoffs this year, or even achieve a winning record, I'm happy to stick with this team as it is.

7. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Looks like James is a big time pass protector.

I'm glad that mike Thomas is getting a start, I hope to see in the coming weeks, Tripp, McCain, And Fede get major reps.

Jelani Jenkins has picked up where he left off and has gotten better..he's flashing read and react diagnosis quickness.

8. Galant

Apr 22, 2014
    Only caught the first half of yesterday's game but was really impressed Miller. The guy was running on fire. Showed determination and passion. Wallace too was fighting for catches and yards, glad to see that new 'fighter-version' Wallace is alive and well.

James is also still doing an incredible job of holding up his end of the deal.

9. Galant

Apr 22, 2014
    NFL.com: Jelani Jenkins leads NFL in tackles. ESPN.com:25 solo, 10 assisted.

Whatever is going on with coaching/play calling etc. I'm still excited about the way a number of players have turned it up this season, others continue to be good and new talent has been found/added. That's a 100%, definite, improvement for this team. We could finish bottom of the AFC East and yet we'll still have some solid players on this team. I definitely think we're heading upwards, even if the coaching/ownership need to get straightened out, one way or another.