1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official Pouncey at RG, Jordan at SLB Thread

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Pandarilla, Sep 16, 2014.

1. Pandarilla

Pandarilla Purist Emeritus

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    Isn't it obvious to everyone?

Don't mess with the mojo Satele has going now at center...and my God we have a glut of DE's

Watching Spiller breeze by Wheeler and Freeney was insulting considering they're 4-3 olb's. Jordan and McCain is just what the Dr. ordered at OLB.

2. Disgustipate

Disgustipate Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    It's doubtful they do either thing. Especially Jordan to SLB, him not practicing isn't exactly conducive to him changing positions. Frankly, I'm not sure what the value is in the base package either.

I'd be happy if they put Trusnik at Wheeler's position, personally. I think he's earned it.

3. CrunchTime

CrunchTime Administrator Retired Administrator

Nov 23, 2007
    Its a logical step.Pouncey did play G in college for much of his time but he has never played G in the NFL .There is learning process involved that should have occured in training camp.It didnt so its likely he will be returned at C and Satele will go to G or released .

4. PhinFan1968

PhinFan1968 To 2020, and BEYOND! Club Member

Can't see them releasing him, he's a heckuva back-up at C, at least so far he's played well.

CrunchTime likes this.
  5. CrunchTime

CrunchTime Administrator Retired Administrator

Nov 23, 2007
    He is on a gunslinger contract.Getting paid something like 50000 doll per game.I agree. Hopefully he sticks and chances are that he will with Turner knicked up and unproven .

PhinFan1968 likes this.
  6. Deerless Dice

Deerless Dice Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Pouncey is already on the roster, they don't need to release anyone when he's back 100%. I like the idea of putting Pouncey at guard, because Satele has been playing pretty well and I'd like to see Miami get the best 5 on the field. Ideally he'd take over left guard, but given the circumstance RG is the more likely option. I'd really like to see the 2015 line of Albert - Turner - Pouncey - Smith - James this year, but that wont' happen unless Colledge gets injured.

7. Vertical Limit

Vertical Limit Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    What mojo? Satele looked horrible last Sunday.. lol

RickyBobby likes this.
  8. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    Ew. Just ew. Misuse of talent. Pouncey is a C. Dion Jordan can be a SLB or a DE in a 4-3 but his best position is 3-4 LB either outside or in the Lawrence Timmons role where he can drop in coverage.

9. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

Vested veterans on the 53 for Week 1 are guaranteed their entire salary for the season, as per the labor agreement. The amount per game is a roster bonus. He got a $250k signing bonus and $1.25 million salary too it sounds like.

Rotoworld:

CrunchTime likes this.
  10. MrClean

He had one penalty. Other than that he didn't look horrible.

TooGoodForDez likes this.
  11. RickyBobby

RickyBobby VIP DIY

Sep 22, 2009
    Palm beach
    How about when he vacated the middle to try to pick up a blitzer on the other side of the RT only to have buffalo stunt inside to the area he vacated?

12. MrClean

So, he should have let the blitzer go?

13. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Keep pounce at center Rilla, get Turner in there soon.

No comment about Jordan as an outside linebacker for fear of sounding redundant..

14. heylookatme

heylookatme Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2012
    Pouncey at Center this week. Joined by Billy Turner at RG. Push people out of the picture on run plays and don't look back.

15. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    pounce won't play this week, raiders in London yes.

16. PhinFan1968

PhinFan1968 To 2020, and BEYOND! Club Member

Adam Beasley ‏@AdamHBeasley 9m
    Armando Salguero: Mike Pouncey could be solution to Miami Dolphins’ problems at guard http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/sp...le2183692.html

Pounce says in there he'd be a pro-bowler at guard too...if the team asked him to play guard.

Edit: Had wrong tweet at first...fixed.

MrClean likes this.