1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Was dealing B Marshall away for two 3rds the dumbest trade in franchise history?

Discussion in 'SoapBox - Rants forum' started by LBsFinest, Sep 15, 2014.

1. LBsFinest

LBsFinest Banned

Jul 24, 2012
    I think so.

RT @AKuperstein: The Dolphins turned the Brandon Marshall draft picks into: Michael Egnew, B.J. Cunningham and Will Davis

MonstBlitz likes this.
  2. PhinFan1968

PhinFan1968 To 2020, and BEYOND! Club Member

I thought this was already covered 10000000000 f*cking times already?

LET IT THE F*** GO!

Aqua4Ever04, Ohio Fanatic and vizi0n like this.
  3. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Boy, that hindsight is a sonofa*****.

4. LBsFinest

LBsFinest Banned

Jul 24, 2012
    No, it was an incredibly stupid deal the moment it was approved by the league. I remember all the people that thought the trade meant we would land Peyton lol.

5. Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell Post Hard, Post Often Club Member

Mar 22, 2008
    The guy has a mental illness. Hard to really second guess.

LiferYank and dolphindebby like this.
  6. vt_dolfan

vt_dolfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

I think you just like to listen to yourself rant.

Mcduffie81 likes this.
  7. LBsFinest

LBsFinest Banned

Jul 24, 2012
    It's clearly manageable. Hell Pouncey is a bigger head case than Marshall.

8. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    Yes

finyank13 likes this.
  9. dolfan32323

dolfan32323 ty xphinfanx

Nov 27, 2007
    Washington DC
    Definitely was a bad trade for us. However, it really appears as if B Marsh is in a much better place mentally than he was in Miami. I am happy for the man and can live with our team's ineptitude because of that.

Phyl, DPlus47 and MikeHoncho like this.
  10. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

With the trade downs and back up in 2013, Dion Sims' pick was also partly due to the Marshall trade.

11. jw3102

jw3102 season ticket holder

Sep 4, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii
    Considering they got rid of Marshall after only two seasons. The worst trade was when they gave up two #2 draft picks to Denver in the trade for Marshall.

I certainly think he was worth the two #2's but since he only lasted two seasons with the Dolphins before they traded him, I would have rather never traded for him in the first place and kept the two second round picks instead.

MrClean likes this.
  12. CashInFist

CashInFist Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2007
    West Virginia
    I think he was talking about YOU having the mental illness. Right?

13. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    Trading Ginn was the 1st right??

14. cdz12250

cdz12250 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Coconut Grove
    With the way Ireland drafted, keeping the second round draft picks wouldn't have done much for us.

Head case or not, dropped balls or not, I would love it if his stats from Chicago were our stats here. So the answer is yes. I can't think of a dumber trade in the history of the franchise.

15. byroan

byroan Giggity Staff Member Administrator Luxury Box

Nov 25, 2007
    NC
    That guy is still returning kicks for td's. Our guy tries to catch it with his face.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

DPlus47 and Fin-Omenal like this.
  16. bran

bran Senior Member

Dec 20, 2007
    New Hampshire
    brandon is a big time playmaker, something the dolphins sorely miss.

17. DPlus47

DPlus47 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jul 14, 2008
    Trading for a WR was a dumb move in the first place, given the QB play since Pennington went down. Miami is where WR's go to die.

Also, I don't think the Dolphins are in the top 31 NFL teams you'd want to play for if you had BPD or depression. Mental health is something other organizations can waste their time thinking about; the Dolphins apparently have better things to do.

18. cdz12250

cdz12250 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Coconut Grove
    The Bears seem to have handled BM's mental illness just fine.

19. firedan

firedan Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    palm beach county fl
    Letting Csonka ,Kiick and Warfield walk was a mistake also.

20. #1 fan

#1 fan Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2007
    miami
    Didn't we trade Vontae Davis for a 2nd rounder, then use that 2nd rounder the next year to trade up for Dion Jordan? If so, that would be my vote for worst trade.

21. pocoloco

pocoloco I'm your huckleberry Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    North Chicagoland
    Yes, it was a bad trade, at the time and obviously now. Just wait, my gut feeling is that we'll turn Mike Wallace into two thirds.

22. Section126

Section126 We are better than you. Luxury Box

Dec 20, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    Yep. His mental illness is his uncanny ability to put together a hall of fame career outside of his Miami Years.

23. Section126

Section126 We are better than you. Luxury Box

Dec 20, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    Oh..I am willing to bet that is exactly what happens.

We trade him for two thirds....the board rejoices.....Wallace catches 90 for 1,400 and 14 TD's for New England.

MonstBlitz likes this.
  24. FinSane

FinSane Cynical Dolphins Fan

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    There's gotta be somwthing to the fact that alot of good players we've had seemed to underperform here but flourish elsewhere. Is it coaching? Mismatched schemes? Play calling?

25. Unlucky 13

Unlucky 13 Team Raheem Club Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    Getting rid of him was absolutely the right decesion. The fact that he's done well in Chicago only proves that he can play well with Jay Cutler. He was a mess in Miami, and I think would have continued to be. It doesn't matter what we ended up doing with those two draft picks, he had to go. I wasn't completely against getting him in the first place, but I really really wanted Bolden instead.

26. LBsFinest

LBsFinest Banned

Jul 24, 2012
    don't know why this got moved to the rants forum, all I did was ask a valid question

27. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2013
    Norfolk VA
    Probably worth noting he is now having to answer for his past domestic violence problems. The NFL is a witchhunt right now.

28. Unlucky 13

Unlucky 13 Team Raheem Club Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    Its not a witch hunt to hold people accountable for unforgivable crimes. No man who hurts a woman or child should ever go unpunished, even if the woman doesn't want to press charges. There is never an excuse, unless the man's life is in danger and fighting her is the only escape.

29. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2013
    Norfolk VA
    Yes, they may deserve it, but my point is that the NFL/Media is going after anyone who has ever done anything, however long ago - which is relevant to BM no longer being on the team.

30. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    Exactly. Most except for the most homeristic of Dolphans realized it was a dumb move at the moment it happened. We were called crazy and lunatics for criticizing Jeff Ireland for a terrible move. We knew he would turn those picks into exactly what he did: ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. Jeff Ireland's horrifying tenure as GM of this team will cast a shadow over this team for years to come. And yet the homers continue to criticize us for our criticism of one of the worst people to ever happen to this franchise. I won't let it go. I'll continue to remind some of you how terrible he was and how justified we were of calling into question his terrible decisions.

31. MonstBlitz

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    Because if you ain't homerin', you rantin'. :pity:

32. MonstBlitz

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    P.S. I have a friend who is a Bears fan who tells me thank you as a Dolphins fan for Brandon Marshall every single time I see him.

33. Sethdaddy8

Sethdaddy8 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    I hated that trade. Despised it. Bad seasons for him still equated to our most productive Dolphin WR since the 90s.

But after watching his Football Life, it seemed like his being here was not meant to be. But I hated him leaving. Hated it. He was and is an elite talent.

34. MonstBlitz

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    Brandon Marshall brings up another thing about Ireland. And that's the fact that even when Ireland won, he couldn't help but piss all over his mother ****ing shoes. Getting a talent like Brandon Marshall in the prime of his career for 2 2nd round picks was a WIN. How could Jeff Ireland **** all that up? By trading him away for 2 3rd round picks. Shoes, meet piss. **** you, Jeff Ireland. And **** anyone who looks like you. This is the rant forum after all.

35. LBsFinest

LBsFinest Banned

Jul 24, 2012
    In honor of this Sunday's game I vote this thread be moved back to the dolphins forum

36. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    This thread gave me Ebola

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 4

37. byroan

byroan Giggity Staff Member Administrator Luxury Box

Nov 25, 2007
    NC
    Bump

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk

smahtaz likes this.
  38. cuchulainn

cuchulainn Táin Bó Cúailnge Club Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Hattiesburg, MS
    Lol

39. PhinFan1968

PhinFan1968 To 2020, and BEYOND! Club Member

Did he thank you today?

IMHO it wasn't the worst trade we ever made...what we did with the picks however...

40. TotoreMexico

TotoreMexico Your retarded

Jan 4, 2008
    Mexico
    Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Alex13 likes this.