1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stadium renovation schedule

Discussion in 'Questions and Answers' started by traderdave, Sep 10, 2014.

1. traderdave

traderdave Football is life

Sep 6, 2014
    South Florida
    Has anyone seen a renovation schedule for Sun Life Stadium? I've googled it and can only find the initial announcements & pics. My season ticket rep just told me that the new seats will be installed for next season, but I'm curious about the overall gameplan, and the roof construction. THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. traderdave

traderdave Football is life

Sep 6, 2014
    South Florida
    I asked my rep about the construction, and he said:

We have not been provided a schedule of what will be happening or when. However, construction has already begun! As I type this there are construction workers working directly under me constructing a viewing area which will simulate any seat in the new stadium. Not far from my desk they are also knocking down walls and getting the infrastructure ready for the new seating bowl. Shortly after the announcement was made many of the pipes, wiring and lighting in the stadium were replaced.

As soon as this season finishes up they will begin ripping out all seats in the stadium and replacing them with newer more comfortable seats. The 100 level seating will be pitched higher and brought down closer to the field. Also in the construction will be updated aesthetics and amenities such as bars, restaurants, restrooms, etc…

The roof will be put in place following the 2015 Season, as it is the last step in the renovation. We will likely find out more information as the season goes on and the big changes near.

Sounds like the lower bowl fans will get a better view; looking forward to all of it!

Unlucky 13 likes this.
  3. Unlucky 13

Unlucky 13 Team Raheem Club Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    I think that they're being intentionally vague so that if they fall behind schedule, fewer people call them on it.

4. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    This is probably correct, I think its a crock of sh&$ that we didnt really know this blueprint, they can't even explain it properly whether their going to move concrete or just adding some rows at the bottom..

Pisses me off.