1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ray Rice Video of Him Hitting Fiancee Released

Discussion in 'Other NFL' started by Paul 13, Sep 8, 2014.

1. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    I'm sure we've all seen the story and the NFL's ridiculous 2 game suspension... now TMZ has the actual video of him hitting her. For some reason the actual video NOW has everyone REALLY up in arms. As opposed to just him dragging her unconscious body out of the elevator...

Supposedly the NFL never saw this video... mm... hmmm... Sadly, that may turn out being a bigger story than the incident itself.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...inside-elevator-shows-ray-rice-punching-wife/

http://www.tmz.com/2014/09/08/ray-rice-elevator-knockout-fiancee-takes-crushing-punch-video/

2. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    most people can disconnect themselves from things like this. It's not till you actually see it that people realize just exactly what happened. But, I agree with you. I mentioned to a couple of people actually that I didn't get how they weren't upset about how he drags her around.

dolphindebby likes this.
  3. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    Other players and former player want Rice banned: http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/09/nfl-player-reaction-ray-rice

Cant say theyre wrong. If that were your daughter he hit, banning him would be the least of your concerns. Football players arent choir boys but theres never an excuse to hit an unarmed woman. Ever.

dolphindebby likes this.
  4. FinSane

FinSane Cynical Dolphins Fan

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    This piece of garbage needs to be thrown in jail and let the inmates take care of him. I used to be a Ray Rice fan, I liked watching him when he was at Rutgers and knew he was going to be a good RB in the NFL. First of alll, you hit a woman, you're no longer a man. But this guy savagely beat her in the elevator and dragged her around. This isn't a "she hit him, he hit her, both are wrong" deals. The video shows he beat the crap out of her and dragged her around like a rag doll. This lowlife ***hole needs to get the **** beat out of him. I'd do it myself.

dolphindebby, McLovin and Boik14 like this.
  5. dont fumble

dont fumble Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 4, 2007
    Germany
    And that is why Goodell usually burns tapes if there is "nothing to see".

Mcduffie81, FinSane and MikeHoncho like this.
  6. JOHN_M

JOHN_M New Member

May 19, 2014
    Goodells a dik he would rather **** with someone over an illegal stimulant!

SENT FROM MY LG G-FLEX ON THE NOW NETWORK FROM SPRINT!

7. unluckyluciano

Dec 7, 2007
    nfl denying they ever saw the video. lol Great investigation NFL.

dolphindebby, firedan and Jimmy James like this.
  8. FinSane

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    I find that hard to believe. I think at first they just wrote it off as "just another incident" but this is serious. NFL doesn't care about domestic abuse. Smoke a joint and test positive though, your career is done. Im glad other and former NFL players are putting pressure on the NFL to change their priorities.

Jimmy James likes this.
  9. unluckyluciano

Dec 7, 2007
    well duh. They tried to bury it. They also didn't expect the public backlash I think. Whoops NFL.

dolphindebby and Jimmy James like this.
  10. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Considering a second offense for domestic violence is a lifetime ban while a second offense for a positive drug test is a season suspension (I think), I don't think you can say that now.

EDIT: Saying that they don't care about domestic violence NOW... The 2 game suspension for Rice, I agree was a joke.

Boik14 likes this.
  11. unluckyluciano

Dec 7, 2007
    they changed it due to public backlash. So, I think we can still say they think weed is worse than domestic violence.

MikeHoncho likes this.
  12. Boik14

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    The league is saying the police held the video during their investigation. Possible, not sure its probable.

13. schmolioot

schmolioot Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Orlando
    That's a load of malarkey. All evidence needs to be shared with the accused, meaning it is 100% certain that rice's lawyers had this tape.

If the NFL asked them for it, and they didn't turn it over, it should have sent up huge red flags to Gooddell on exactly what it showed. Roger also made the unconscionable decision to interview Rice's fiancee while Rice was in the room.

I guess Gooddell has never seen Streetcar Named Desire or any other movie or tv show dealing with domestic violence since he didn't know or care that Palmer might not have felt free to speak while rice around.

14. Boik14

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    Rice released according to NFL Network

Jimmy James and Paul 13 like this.
  15. Boik14

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    I agree, Im not defending Rice. Greg Aeillo the leagues PR guy, said that earlier.

16. JOHN_M

JOHN_M New Member

May 19, 2014
    Yep the ravens just kicked the scumbag off the team! Wooot

SENT FROM MY LG G-FLEX ON THE NOW NETWORK FROM SPRINT!

17. Dolphins1Beatles

Dolphins1Beatles Ziggy Stardust

Oct 9, 2009
    New York
    Before anyone praises the Ravens...they did nothing until the video came out and the outrage grew.

I mean, what did they think happened? A big NFL player punched a woman out, which we knew before the video... Did they think it wasn't going to look that bad? She didn't pass out because he blew her a kiss, we all knew he hit her hard as if he were hitting a bear, or a boxer. They're trying to save face, which yes is the right thing to do, but the Ravens still made a huge mistake as did the NFL.

18. Alex13

Alex13 Tua Time !!! Club Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Berlin,Germany
    so is this it for him ? will there any team sign him ? i think he is done....wow

19. GridIronKing34

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Then how can the NFL even win with that attitude?

Hell Josh Brent is still in the NFL but due to public outcry Ray Rice doesn't have a job.

20. schmolioot

Dec 3, 2007
    Orlando
    Exactly.

Rice got cut because of the video, not because of the act. They fully supported him before this.

MikeHoncho likes this.
  21. FinSane

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    If TMZ could get a hold of the video, why couldn't the NFL?

I think with this and other decisions Goodell has made during his tenure, one can make the case that Goodell should resign. He might've made the league and owners money, but he's a poor administrator. There's more to the commish job than maximizing league profit. Inconsistent policies, rule changes favoring certain teams (Patriots), Spygate, and indifference to domestic abuse. He should but won't resign his position as commissioner of the NFL.

Jimmy James likes this.
  22. schmolioot

Dec 3, 2007
    Orlando
    Well, Josh Brent's misdeed was an accident. He paid his penalty .

Once you pay your debt, you have the right to find a job if someone wants to ire you.

23. unluckyluciano

Dec 7, 2007
    not sure what you're asking here.

24. McLovin

McLovin Resident Pats fan.

May 7, 2008
    North Cacalaka
    the Jets will probably look at picking him up

Unlucky 13 likes this.
  25. FinSane

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    It isn't about winning, its about the NFL being wrong initially and now they're trying to save face. Not cuz they care, but cuz of the public backlash.

Boik14 and unluckyluciano like this.
  26. Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell Post Hard, Post Often Club Member

Mar 22, 2008
    Because TMZ is willing pay $100k+?

If you think Goodell should resign, you're on crack. I'm not sure what you would have liked him to do about Spygate? Any harsher of a penalty for the Patriots would have inherently de-legitimized the league. The rule changes were done to increase scoring and lower injuries, not to help a team. Goodell probably the best commissioner in modern sports history. The owners agree.

27. schmolioot

Dec 3, 2007
    Orlando
    The NFL has now suspended Rice indefinitely.

If any team wants to sign him, he must first apply for reinstatement.

What a joke Gooddell is. Could he have bungled this any worse?

He has too much power. He wanted to be judge, jury and executioner and it's too much. He will continue to screw things up.

Jimmy James, Boik14 and 305 like this.
  28. Stringer Bell

Mar 22, 2008
    I haven't followed the details of the story that closely, but did they know for a fact that Rice punched her?

29. Stringer Bell

Mar 22, 2008
    You'll have to define "screw things up". Last I checked, the league's popularity is at an all-time high, and the owners are paying Goodell out the ***.

30. schmolioot

Dec 3, 2007
    Orlando
    He hopped on a gravy train and rode it.

What else has he done? sign big media rights deals? anybody could've done that. The NFL is a license to print money. You or I could've negotiated those deals.

And if screwing the players in collective bargaining is an accomplishment, then he shares that honor with Rozelle, Taglibaue, David Stern (multiple times) and Gary Bettman. Adam Silver will freshly screw the NBA players in a few years too. Outside of baseball, player's unions are feckless, incoherent messes. Takes no real skill to negotiate with them

Boik14 likes this.
  31. unluckyluciano

Dec 7, 2007
    so they half assed the investigation. You don't see any problem with that either way?

32. GridIronKing34

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Rice is going to be the face of domestic violence. I hope he can learn from this and make the best of this situation for his family.

33. 305

305 Brawndo Club Member

Dec 7, 2007
    Get off my lawn.
    I'll go there... now that he isn't in the NFL and he's jobless, whats the over/under she leaves him.

34. FinSane

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    Imo covering up spygate only made the league look worse. The rule changes were done to benefit teams with elite QBs (Brady) cuz those teams get good ratings. The league doesn't care about safety and injuries, they covered up the concussion issue after all. I get why he covered up Spygate, doesn't make it right. Just makes the league look like a rigged game.

35. Stringer Bell

Mar 22, 2008
    He made fantasy football the driving force behind the league's popularity. He changed the rules to increase scoring to increase interest in fantasy football. He's increased the revenue streams for the league with Thursday night football, NFL Redzone, NFL Rewind, coaches tape, etc.

None of those commissioners did a job on the players unions like Goodell has. Goodell raped the NFLPA more than I've ever seen in sports.

Just ask yourself what the point of the 'player conduct policy' is. Since its implementation, have players behaved better off the field? No. All thats changed is that the league now has an apparatus to make the players look much worse publicly. How does that affect collective bargaining negotiation? The player conduct policy was shear genius.

Remember when everyone said that we needed a rookie wage scale? Remember when everyone said the rookie wage scale would actually be good for the players, because that would mean veterans would get more money? Guess what happened...the rookie wage scale just made it harder for veterans to get contracts.

The money speaks for itself. The NFL owners aren't dumb. If anyone could be a great NFL commissioner, then the owners wouldn't be paying Goodell $50MM every year.

36. 305

305 Brawndo Club Member

Dec 7, 2007
    Get off my lawn.
  37. unluckyluciano

Dec 7, 2007
    why assume she's a gold digger? Lots of people don't leave violent relationships right away.

38. Stringer Bell

Mar 22, 2008
    I have no idea whether they half assed it or not. I don't know what information they had regarding the incident, whether they knew a tape existed, whether they tried to obtain the tape, etc.

If I'm going to place any criticism for Ray Rice's (lack of) punishment for knocking this lady out, its going directly to the criminal justice system.

Stitches and Boik14 like this.
  39. 305

305 Brawndo Club Member

Dec 7, 2007
    Get off my lawn.
    Why not? Everybody is assuming away in this thread that the NFL knew about the video or covered it up haha While I personally don't like Goodell any more than the next guy, I don't think he was stupid enough to have seen that footage and then only banned the guy for 2 games... much smarter business man than that.

40. FinSane

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    He's the most controversial commissioner in sports. He makes Stern and Selig look like competent saints(yes I know Stern retired). I don't care that he's made money for the league, it was popular before he got there, he just tried to suck up any revenue generating scheme that could benefit the league. Big deal. The NFL is a gold mine. He's a poor administrator and generates bad PR for the league. There's more to the job than making money for the owners.