1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chris clemons going to be cut by texans.

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by pumpdogs, Aug 31, 2014.

1. pumpdogs

pumpdogs Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    delaware
    Manning’s return will coincide with the end of Chris Clemons’s short tenure with the team. Smith reports Clemons will be cut as the team shapes their roster before the first game of the regular season. Clemons was a member of the Dolphins before heading to Houston and his old team might have some interest in a return with Reshad Jones suspended for the first four games of the year.

Smith reports that wide receiver Mike Thomas is also out. The addition of Damaris Johnson via waivers likely eliminated the need for Thomas on the Houston roster

Bpk likes this.
  2. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    Bring in Clemmons, will use him for special teams and help with Jones out for 4 weeks.

unluckyluciano, Bpk and PhinFan1968 like this.
  3. A13OVEAVERAGE

A13OVEAVERAGE Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Aug 13, 2013
    Frostproof, FL
    They aren't going to bring him in, at least not right now.. he's vested they'd have to pay him his entire salary. Wouldn't be surprised to see him after week one if still out there. I'm guessing that's why we got rid of Damian Williams as well.

4. PhinFan1968

PhinFan1968 To 2020, and BEYOND! Club Member

Ya I'm hoping they're in talks with him (although I wouldn't blame him if he went somewhere else instead of Miami).

5. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

If $ doesn't get in the way it would be nice to have him around, at least til Rashad is back.

6. Alex13

Alex13 Tua Time !!! Club Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Berlin,Germany
    brandian ross might have a very short dolphins tenure, if there is interest

7. 77FinFan

77FinFan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Mar 10, 2013
    Buckeye Land
    Be nice to have him at least for the four games. What would he cost us? I think we are in pretty decent shape financially?

8. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    Dont let money stop us from getting a guy at a position of need who knows the system. Delmas also has a history of being battered up from time to time and it could be nice to have a rotational player to lower his snap count.

9. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Just sign him

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk

10. pdaj

pdaj Well-Known Member

Isn't there a mandatory amount of time a player has to stay on a team's 53 following a claim?

11. Alex13

Alex13 Tua Time !!! Club Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Berlin,Germany
    i think only if you sign someone from the PS its 4 weeks, if you claim someone, you can get rid of him in a hurry

12. Phoenician Fan

Phoenician Fan Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Don't think so.

I suspect there is more to the issue of cutting Clemons than meets the eye.

Maybe not, but when the fastest safety in the NFL who has been getting positive marks the last couple years gets cut; you have to wonder.

His two year 2.7 mil contract is tiny relative to other NFL contracts for guys who were expected to start.

IMO, he is light years beyond Jimmy Wilson in ability, but if there is something else going on, then.....

Hiruma78 likes this.
  13. 77FinFan

77FinFan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Mar 10, 2013
    Buckeye Land
    He never had any significant issues w/ us did he?

14. Ohiophinphan

Ohiophinphan Chaplain Staff Member Luxury Box

only that we didn't try very hard to resign him when he became a free agent.