1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GAME WEEK IS HERE.....New England vs Miami 1:00 Sunlife Stadium

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by vt_dolfan, Aug 31, 2014.

1. vt_dolfan

vt_dolfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Huge Huge game to start out the 2014-15 Season.

I watched the first half of the New England Carolina game....really in all I didnt think their offense looked that great. Obviously, it will look light years different against us because of Gronkowski and Wright playing the two TE spots. Edleman will be a huge beneficiary of Gronkowski I think, hes very good at finding that soft spot, and like Wes Welker, once he catches the ball turns up field very quickly to move the chains.

Chandler Jones looked very good at DE and OLB. I think he lined up in both spots...but he had two sacks in the first two series...and three tackles. They also plan to use him to cover the TE..so you may see him lining up where ever we put out Charles Clay.

Watching the Patriots...they seem to like to run the ball with Shane Vereen and White out of the single back set when defenses give them the look they want. They also ran effectively when running behind their FB James Devlin.

I was surprised they cut Jonas Gray..I like him. Guys a spark plug...hard to tackle.

OK..some interesting ODDS going into the game:

To win the AFC Miami is currently at 28-1.....to win the AFC East...7-1. 66-1 Odds to Win Super Bowl. (BOVADA)

Predicted Score at Odds Shark:

New England 26.9 - Miami 19.8

New England is favored right now by 4.5 points.

New England is 10-0 Straight up in their last 10 opening season games....but against the spread 5-4-1.

http://www.oddsshark.com/nfl/new-england-miami-odds-september-7-2014

Last time in Miami it ended like this:

[​IMG]

2. TooGoodForDez

TooGoodForDez Deion Sanders for GM

Feb 26, 2013
    Brady looked bad on the first two drives, he got benched for a drive or two, then he was back and looked better. They put up 30 on the Panthers. Pats defense looked really good.
    On offense, they had standard stuff, lots of draw plays, screens, sit routes. How they continue to execute that to perfection is the biggest mystery in sports.

3. vt_dolfan

They put up 13 in the first half against the Panthers. They also harassed Cam Newton quite a bit, although I believe Newton was limited by injury quite a bit. Nothing about Carolina's offense seems very scarey right now.

4. Brasfin

Brasfin Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2013
    Brazil
    I think the Patriots match up pretty well with us offensively in that they have a good TE duo and shifty slot WR/scatback VS our mediocre LB's (and no Dion Jordan to cover Gronkowski this time). We have a good pass rushing unit, but they have a dangerously accurate QB who gets the ball out of his hand very quickly to mitigate it. If we had a good LB group, I'd be more confident in predicting a win. I think the X-factor in this game will be Lazor and the offense... if we can keep up with the Pat's offense toe-to-toe, we might have a fighting chance.

5. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    So dion last year didn't show us flashes that he could cover Gronkowski?.. I saw it..

Gronkowski better not dominate this game or there's going to be some splaining to do.

You feel that little spot in your stomach that makes you feel Ill when talking about Gronkowski, are you telling me you wouldn't feel great right now if you had a 245 Dion Jordan playing Sam?

TooGoodForDez likes this.
  6. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    In my opinion it simply comes down to keeping Tannehill upright and him making the right decisions. A running game would help. I feel like we can hold them to 17-20 points but can we score?

7. TooGoodForDez

TooGoodForDez Deion Sanders for GM

Feb 26, 2013
    lol, you will pounding on that all year.

8. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    I believe I comes down to this..Tannehill and his personal clock...I feel like he is ready to hit his back foot and release the ball on time, what I think is pivotal is if the route isn't there to have the sense to run or reset the pocket..

9. Alex13

Alex13 Tua Time !!! Club Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Berlin,Germany
    why is everyone assuming gronk is playing ? there is no word yet, he ran around at practice with a red no contact jersey, it will be his first real game action if he plays

rafael likes this.
  10. JDelenne

JDelenne Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Orlando, FL
    Just bought my Tickets for the game yesterday!!! So pumped already! IS IT SUNDAY YET????

vt_dolfan and fins1 like this.
  11. vt_dolfan

Im gonna predict he isnt playing..which is why I think Bill did that trade..but who the f knows. Yeh..its this game where I hope our LBers step up huge

12. PhinFan1968

PhinFan1968 To 2020, and BEYOND! Club Member

My thought as well.

I'm kickin' their *** into the DIRT on Madden 15 right now...just 'cuz!

vt_dolfan likes this.
  13. BayAreaFinFan

BayAreaFinFan D'oh Club Member

Jul 20, 2010
    San Francisco
    CAN'T WAIT!
    Things that need to happen;
    Protect Tannehill
    Have some resemblance of a running game
    Linebackers please show up

vt_dolfan and 77FinFan like this.
  14. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    you know what's not even being talked about when it comes to my stance...he's been suspended for a freakin month because of this ridiculous plan this staff has for this player, if they would of just groomed him at Sam the whole time, there would of been no need to force this player to gain 30 freakin lbs..he can't even hang around the locker Room..

So its just another fact of evidence that shows they fu&$ed up..

So all the folks defending the move, some I have a lot of respect for, I hope your happy with the result of the coaches plan.

So lets see what we have with this brilliant plan.

1) a player That has lost explosiveness.

2) a player that is not being used to his strengths

3) a player that has been suspended for a month.

4) a player that cannot help us cover our week ones opponents best receiver when he's already demonstrated he had it in his repertoire.

5) the time it will take for him to acclimate once he does return

6) the risk of the down time while away from the building..

Sure is a lot to sacrifice to have him play the run better..lol

15. vt_dolfan

I agree Deej..but...has no relevance for our game this week.. All the shouldas and the couldas.....lets focus on the team we have.

I believe we need to have a fast pace to this game.....but not necessarily score fast. More we need to have alot of possesions..and keep their main defense on the field as much as possible. Its about god damned time we had a home field advantage like we used to. Used to be...home games in September and October were ours. You did not come into Miami in September and October and win.

16. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    It's relevant because we have no matchup against Gronk, but I know what your saying..

I don't take Into account home field advantage because of the heat, whoever is better conditioned has the advantage.

I believe ryan will have the offense humming, there might be some mistakes at the Los, but all I want to see is him hit his back foot and throw, if it's covered, then run or move.

17. PhinFan1968

PhinFan1968 To 2020, and BEYOND! Club Member

I don't think Gronk's even going to be in the game. Isn't he still in a no-contact status (i.e. was wearing a red jersey)? Even if he is, he won't be 100%, not worried about him honestly. Coyle knows that team more than any other.

18. Griese's Glasses

Griese's Glasses Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2013
    Ottawa, ON
    Must win simply because nothing short of bringing in Ricky&Ronnie and buying off the refs can get us a win at Gillette Stadium. We did it last year, we can do it this year.

19. jboogie

jboogie The sky is NOT falling!

Section 439! Can't freakin wait! I think we have a pretty good shot at this one!

20. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Fighter of the Nightman

May 9, 2008
    Gronk's first game back last year? 8 catches for 114. He's a boss. Red contact jersey or no red contact jersey.

losethemall likes this.
  21. Alex13

Alex13 Tua Time !!! Club Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Berlin,Germany
    yeah but what is more important when running, an arm or a knee ? i think its 2 different injuries, should affect his explosiveness

22. 77FinFan

77FinFan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Mar 10, 2013
    Buckeye Land
    So who do we think are going to be the starting interior O line? Satele at center. Turner's foot going to be healed enough for right guard and Smith at left guard?

23. JDelenne

JDelenne Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Orlando, FL
    I'll be in 439 also! :knucks:

24. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    Colledge satele smith.

25. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    About 6 days away and I already can't sleep. This is going to be a slowwwwww week.

I'm just pumped that Dolphins football is back. Last season drained me emotionally. Between the hot start, then losing 4 in a row and then going on another winning streak that left us on the brink of a playoff berth before the walls came crumbling down again. And of course the bullying mess right smack in the middle of it all.

This is a statement game for us. The kings of the division coming into our building to start the year. Beating them for a second straight time could do wonders for us in setting the tone for the season.

I'm really excited to see the new offense in full stride, and I hope Wake, Vernon, Odrick and company can wreak havoc.

Fins up!!!!!

ElNino and 54Fins like this.
  26. 77FinFan

77FinFan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Mar 10, 2013
    Buckeye Land
    We were kind of streaky last year.

27. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    like will Farrell in old school streaky?

vizi0n likes this.
  28. Zeke0123

Zeke0123 message board ******* Club Member

Nov 22, 2007
    Didn't Starks beat up on Mankins pretty regularly when they went against each other ?? Who is manning that spot for them now?

29. Fin4Ever

Fin4Ever Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Aug 26, 2014
    Vero Beach, FL
    would you or anyone else happen to know if there are any season tickets available in section 439? Thank you!

30. 54Fins

54Fins "In Gase we trust"

Nov 29, 2007
    over there
  31. FinNasty

FinNasty Alabama don’t want this... Staff Member Club Member

Dec 1, 2007
    I'm too hungover right now... lol. You saying that you liked what you saw of Dion in coverage or no?

32. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2013
    Norfolk VA
    No doubt it would. I said the exact same thing in some other thread. I'm not sure we could have better opportunity to make a statement opening day, and start the season off right. GO PHINS!

Rocky Raccoon likes this.
  33. Mitchellenman

Mitchellenman Active Member

Jul 7, 2014
    UK
    Its been a long time coming, can't wait!

34. vt_dolfan

I dont think the Pats know exactly what to make of our offense yet..hell we dont know what to make of our offense yet..

PhinFan1968 likes this.
  35. Galant

Galant Love - Unity - Sacrifice - Eternity

Apr 22, 2014
    I'm excited to see that secondary cause major grief this year but against Belichick I think he's going to avoid it mostly and just go short or mid-range to focus on our Linebackers and that's something I'm not looking forward to. However, if somehow Wheeler and Ellerbe rise to the challenge and prove themselves at least worth their paychecks, that will be an exciting discovery. Honestly, I have this one down as a guaranteed L, and I fully expect Belichick to attack our weaknesses. If our strengths prove to be strong I'll be happy. If our weaknesses prove to be strong I'll be extra happy. If we can win I'll be screaming my head off and my three year old won't know what to make of me! :D As for our offense I'm not expecting anything particular other than it being different and varied. Whether it will be effective or not, I don't know, but it has to be at least as effective as it was last year. For me it's not so much about expectation as hope!

36. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    yes..go to miamidolphins.com

37. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    I love loved what I saw in coverage at 245...not at his new defensive end weight.

38. Galant

Galant Love - Unity - Sacrifice - Eternity

Apr 22, 2014
    Josh Kline

39. byroan

byroan Giggity Staff Member Administrator Luxury Box

Nov 25, 2007
    NC
    @jeffphowe: Gronk says he is playing Sunday against the Dolphins.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

40. unifiedtheory

unifiedtheory Sub Pending Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Burnaby, BC, Canada
    It's all up to the offense. We must match the Patriots scoring early in hope that the heat wears their defense down and our defense gets stronger and comes up with a few stops.

Our slots and Clay must have big days. If Clay goes 8-100-1 TD and the slots combine for 10-150-1TD we win the game because our outside guys will do dick. Must get to Brady (captain obvious is captain obvious) and punish him.