1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mike Pouncey is NOT going on the PUP

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Paul 13, Aug 30, 2014.

1. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    he is being activated off the preseason PUP list and will count on the 53 man roster today.

2. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

Good decision, even if he cannot play for 6 weeks. Just so he can practice with the team. For a guy like Pouncey, I think being left to his own devices could be risky.

3. Tin Indian

Tin Indian Rockin' The Bottom End Club Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Palm Bay Florida
    Glad to hear it because that means he will be back sooner than we thought.

4. RoninFin4

RoninFin4 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 11, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Great News!

5. Rick 1966

Rick 1966 Professional Hipshooter

Nov 23, 2007
    Powell, WY
    Wonder how long it will be before he's back in the lineup?

6. 54Fins

54Fins "In Gase we trust"

Nov 29, 2007
    over there
  7. Unlucky 13

Unlucky 13 Team Raheem Club Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    It also makes the national media look really stupid when they were freaking out saying that he may miss the season a few weeks ago, when there was no reason to believe that. This just fits in with what the original story was when he had the surgery - that he'll probably miss the first three games, and then either be back for the Raiders in London, or if not, then after the BYE. Either way, as said, he can practice and be in meetings and the team can be absolutely know when its safe and he's ready to get on the field.

Frankly, while I have hopes that they can do better, if the team can start at least 1-2 without him and then get him healthy for the Raiders, we're in good shape going forward from there.

Da 'Fins likes this.
  8. Da 'Fins

Da 'Fins Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

Dec 19, 2007
    Birmingham, AL
    Good news for the Dolphins.

9. PhinFan1968

PhinFan1968 To 2020, and BEYOND! Club Member

I was never concerned that he'd miss more than 4 games tops. Deej helped me out there.

I just hope he's picking up on the vibe the team's been throwing down. They seem to be playing with a little more fire than last year...getting a little more hyped, etc. There seems to be a lot of players showing leadership on both sides of the ball this year (granted, only pre-season, still nice to see). And we have a few "hair on fire" guys...hope that spreads.

Some of his comments recently sound a bit more professional and, dare I say, mature compared to previous seasons. He needs to walk the talk and put himself in good graces after last year's debacle.

djphinfan likes this.