1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Philbin: Dolphins Offense makes get quicker

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by jpep13, Aug 26, 2014.

1. jpep13

jpep13 Coach Of The Year Club Member

Dec 2, 2007
  2. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    Earlier during the off season Joe Philbin expressed what looked like clear skepticism with respect to Bill Lazor's use of a lot of pre-snap motion, formation shifts, and having the receivers line up in a bunch of different spots. He said it was something that they're going to have to evaluate and see if the players are handling it while still being able to push the pace.

And in 2013 or 2012 I know that Mike Sherman explained that one reason they don't do all of that stuff is because it's hard to push the pace when you're trying to do those things.

We could be seeing Philbin start to push back against that stuff now.

3. 77FinFan

77FinFan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Mar 10, 2013
    Buckeye Land
    Not really the same question/issue, but I have always wondered why offenses don't come up to the line and just snap the a couple or few times a game when the D linemen have a fist in the ground but are down on their haunches? Just do it to put a little more pressure on the D, make them think they need to be ready sooner.

4. vt_dolfan

vt_dolfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Well..theres not doing as much shifting...and theres doing none..which is Shermans version.

5. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    i believe that's part of the tempo he's talking about, huddle break to snap.