1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jake Long - Ugh.

Discussion in 'Other NFL' started by GARDENHEAD, Aug 24, 2014.

1. GARDENHEAD

GARDENHEAD Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
  2. dolfan40

dolfan40 Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2013
    Germany
    He got fat and slow he was dpminating till 2011 dude was playing like a hof Lt but now seems like he´s done

3. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Fighter of the Nightman

May 9, 2008
    Jake sucks now, but let's not act like Sam Bradford isn't made of glass. He barely gets touched and tears his ACL. Going to happen sooner or later.

Unlucky 13 likes this.
  4. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    thread moved.. not Dolphins related anymore :wink2: Shame about that St. Louis.

5. jw3102

jw3102 season ticket holder

Sep 4, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii
    I always though they should of drafted Ryan, but I have nothing bad to say about the play of Long early in his career with the Dolphins. He was one of the top LT's in the game until he suffered through a number of injuries in his last two seasons with the Dolphins.

Unfortunately injuries are part of the game and Long has never been able to completely overcome his injuries to become the player he was early in his career. I always liked Long and I don't begrudge him leaving the Dolphins, if that is what he and his family wanted to do at the time.

The Rams were willing to pay him more than the Dolphins and just like all the rest of us, he went where he was going to get the most money. NFL careers are relatively short and every player should get as much as he can during this short period of time. Because it is obvious that once they leave the game, their pay checks are going to be drastically reduced.

I wish Long nothing but the best, but at this stage of his career, I'm glad he is with the Rams and the Dolphins have Albert as their starting LT.

6. Vertical Limit

Vertical Limit Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    That's what money does to some players... they stop caring... For just effort alone I wish every contract was non guaranteed, make those players work their asses off for their millions... but that would be the only reason I would wish that for.

7. jw3102

jw3102 season ticket holder

Sep 4, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii
    I have always felt that professional athletes are grossly overpaid in relationship to what they contribute to our society. They merely play a game and yet they are paid far more than the millions of individual who actually perform jobs and services which benefit our society far more.

Unfortunately that is just the way things are and even if I don't think they deserve the huge salaries they receive. I certainly don't blame them for trying to get as much as they can while they are in there sports profession.

8. heylookatme

heylookatme Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2012
    That was bad. Long is flopping around like a crash test dummy in both of those vids.

9. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    Absolutely we should have drafted Matt Ryan. Been saying it since the day we drafted Jake Long. Drafting Jake Long without a QB is like buying a top of the line dead bolt for the back door of Fort Knox, while the side and front doors have pad locks on them, and there is no gold inside to protect! Vernon Carey just completed a season at left tackle where he was solid.

I don't care if you think Matt Ryan is elite or not you don't need elite to win the Super Bowl. A Joe Flacco can win the Super Bowl with a mediocre defense, a mediocre run game, and a mediocre pass game. Matt Ryan is unquestionably better than Joe Flacco.

A franchise QB is worth more than a HOF LT every single day of the week. You can have a crappy line even with a HOF lineman on it.

finfansince72 likes this.
  10. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Before he got his Qb killed, he also had two penalties..

That dude turned his back on us, he may of thought he had valid reasons, but his lack of loyalty to the team that drafted him and who paid him very handsomely even when he was injured and sucking is some karma sh&&.

11. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

No, he isn't.

xphinfanx, finyank13 and djphinfan like this.
  12. xphinfanx

xphinfanx Stay strong my friends.

Nov 1, 2009
    Jake is perfect in Saint Louis you go Jeff Fisher.

13. Silverphin

Silverphin Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Yeah. It's a shame we didn't draft Matt Ryan. The Phins probably would have gotten all those championships that the Falcons won.

14. finfansince72

finfansince72 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 18, 2007
    Columbia, South Carolina
    The argument is over, there is no one with even a shred of honesty that would say we should have taken Long over Ryan. Its just over.