1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Are Some Of Your Guys Looking?

Discussion in '2014 GM League Forum' started by Alex44, Aug 23, 2014.

1. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    Mainly talking about under the radar guys you acquired. How are they looking so far? Rookies?

Matt Tobin was a guy I really liked and acquired for a late round pick. He's looking like a potential starter type so far this preseason.

Rookie wise: Quotes from various sources online.

Daniel McCullers

Lamin Barrow:

Christian Kirksey:

The others have been nothing to write home about: James White, James Wilder Jr and Connor Shaw.

ToddPhin likes this.
  2. VanDolPhan

VanDolPhan Club member Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Hamilton, Ontario Canada
    Dodged a bullet in dumping Sam Bradford.

3. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    Been there..

4. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Only one of my draft picks made a 53 man roster (Lee) I've lost my mojo.

5. 305

305 Brawndo Club Member

Dec 7, 2007
    Get off my lawn.
    I did alright, only 2 were cut, 2 on the IR, 7 active roster... Jerick McKinnon probably being the sleeper

6. VanDolPhan

Nov 26, 2007
    Hamilton, Ontario Canada
    Titans line is staying healthy so they are keeping Taylor Lewan as a reserve this year. 4 strong starters at tackle/guard in his way. Probably replaces Roos next year. Ra'Shede Hageman has the same issue. He's got a lot of $$$ and veterans in front of him.

Tuitt's earned the starter job in Pittsburgh. Terrence Brooks has really come on in the last couple weeks and will get his fair share of snaps. Harbaugh's been fired up about him lately. Billy Turner looks like he'll be a solid reserve and probable starter next year.

Lorenzo Taliaferro led the NFL in preseason rushing with 243 yards.

My undrafted Matt Hazel is of course on Miami's practice squad.

Pretty solid so far...only pick that washed out was Eddie Lackey. Didn't even make it with the CFL.

Alex44 likes this.
  7. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Hageman has Bryan Cox in his *** all day on hard knocks. If he can mature as a man he will be a pro bowler imo.

Alex44 likes this.
  8. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    I realize this is last second, but if any of you guys are interested in joining a FFL made up of GML GM's, PM me. We organized this league on flea flicker a couple of years ago and we're going thru some transitions with it. I'm taking over as commish from GIK (where have I seen that before?)... it was a keeper league, but we're scrapping that and starting over. We might have to scrap it in total if we're short members. Short members... :lol: Again PM and let me know. Need to know by end of today. Draft would be tomorrow evening. Thanks.

9. ToddPhin

ToddPhin Premium Member Luxury Box Club Member

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    I think my guys are doing pretty well despite no "best in draft" nomination. :shifty:

draft
    Aaron Donald: labeled "sensational, dominating, and unblockable" during camp. Awesome sack/fumble on Brian Hoyer, blowing by right tackle Mitchell Schwartz.

Carlos Hyde:
    Future star in San Fran. 5.8 YPC in preseason.

Cody Latimer:
    Future star in Denver. Great preseason.

Bradley Roby:
    Denver feels they "got a steal with the #31 pick" and expects him to be a key contributor this year.

Kony Ealy:
    flashed w/ 2 sacks & 3 tkls vs Pitt last week. Will see rotational work this year while developing into a Michael Bennett type role.

WR Kevin Norwood
    [6th rd]: reportedly "looked sensational" in Seattle before injury. Will see action despite missing all preseason.

SS Antone Exum
    [6th]: Vikes high on him as future starter and cut 2 vet safeties to keep Exum as backup this year.

DE Ben Gardner
    [7th]: Dallas was reportedly high on him early before injury. Developed a "cult following" on BloggingTheBoys.com.

UDFA signings
    RT Justin Britt: starting in Seattle
    C Russell Bodine: starting in Cincy
    RB Branden Oliver:
    great preseason. Already a fan favorite in SD. Chargers cut 6th round Grice to keep Oliver as the #4.
    OLB Kevin Pierre-Louis: injured in preseason but still a linebacker on Seattle's 53 man. Nuff said.
    TE Nic Jacobs:
    Saints high on him developing into their inline TE of the future to compliment Graham.

10. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008

While I'm not one too talk about a draft this year, obviously every pick will have SOME good piece of publicity. Your best pick was Hyde, Gore getting hurt will be the best thing that could happen to that offense.

Brit was an absolutely great pick up.

11. VanDolPhan

Nov 26, 2007
    Hamilton, Ontario Canada
    With Ray Rice toast now.....my $600k free agent pickup Justin Forsett is the lead back in Baltimore.

12. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Did Bernard Peirce sock his gf too?

13. VanDolPhan

Nov 26, 2007
    Hamilton, Ontario Canada
    Pierce got half the carries Justin did in game one so most Baltimore papers are calling him the replacement.

14. Paul 13

Dec 3, 2007
    Isaiah Crowell looking good in Cleveland... another late round running back gem by myself... toot toot...

ToddPhin likes this.
  15. schisno

schisno Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2008
    All I got is my 7th round running back Kniles Davis doing well... otherwise I could toot my horn as much as Paul if I was active last year.

I'll just go to tooting on Paul ;)

Paul 13 likes this.
  16. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    OBJ - Injured

Attachou - Looking the part

Mewhort - Playing G for the Colts

Urban - IR

Linder - Meh for the Jags so far.

Alex44 likes this.
  17. ToddPhin

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    Branden Oliver. boom.

To those who questioned my backfield, all I gotta say is- Moreno, Hyde, Oliver... and the future- Christine Michael. Can we say loa-ded.
    To reiterate Derrick Shelby's last words, "suck it biatch". :shifty:

18. VanDolPhan

Nov 26, 2007
    Hamilton, Ontario Canada
    1 game & Injured, 3.4 avg, Good and finally the future of never playing.

I'll stick with Forsett and the real future Lorenzo Taliaferro 5.8 and 4.5 avg's.

Anyways bored at work. Updated my team page with a "road so far". TL:DR pretty much solid QB'ing with a very strong running game and a defense that's hard to pass on (3 of the top 11 PFF corners so far and a top 3 safety).

19. ToddPhin

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    Why do you act like injuries aren't a part of football? That's the point of being loaded. Moreno goes down and there's another guy behind him.... and then another guy behind that. If you were to lose Forsett, your backfield would suck donkey balls with Taliaferro, Donald Brown, and Dennis Johnson.

Taliaferro is the "real future" ahead of Hyde & Michael?... and Michael is the "future of never playing"? :sidelol: If Michael & Hyde were in Baltimore, the only thing Taliaferro would be carrying is Gatorade. This will be a fun thread to revisit next year when Lynch is gone and Gore is done.

20. ToddPhin

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    Yes, great QB'ing. Perhaps next year you'll give him someone to throw to. :p

21. Paul 13

Dec 3, 2007
    Chris Borland really picking it up for the 49ers. He would have looked great in a Dolphins uni (jury out on Billy Turner still).

ToddPhin likes this.
  22. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Aaron Rodgers is a decent football player.

23. sports24/7

sports24/7 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    My rookies are doing pretty well. Zack Martin has been phenomenal so far, Gabe Jackson has been good, and Davante Adams has been great.