1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Happy Anniversary!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by keithjackson, Aug 1, 2014.

1. keithjackson

keithjackson Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 1, 2007
    Hey Teammates!

I just wanted to say thanks for a decade of wonderful Dolphins fandom. I joined Finheaven in July 2004, and moved over here during the great schism of 2007. I've mostly been the quintessential lurker, checking the site a few times a day, and never posting. However, these boards have proved invaluable. I remember I would otherwise check the sports sections of the newspapers hoping to find a a sentence or blurb; maybe they mentioned a udfa that we signed - oh how I would linger on those names of people Id never heard of! Those first training camp reports from posters who would go to Davie with their notepads were like arriving in the City of Gold! The draft analysis is still my favorite! And the rumors and sources sources really are invaluable ( I recommend joining the club to everyone.)

I've also felt the up and down of the message board rigamarole: being over-sensitive everytime someone didn't agree with me, or checking every five minutes to see if someone 'fist bumped' my post. (I still don't understand how someone agreeing with a post can be more well liked than the original post lol.) Personally, I remember feeling crushed everytime someone used a gay slur, then 'coming out' with shirtless pictures of Jason Taylor (which people did NOT like at the time), and am now amazed how far the culture of acceptance has come since then (ie- Michael Sam and "man-crushes"). I also want to honor my friend Neil, who introduced me to Finheaven while we were in college, and has since passed; I'll never forget him saying, "You gotta check this out" after we realized we were both Dolphans.

You have all have made me a much more knowledgable and reasonable fan, bringing me closer to my favorite hobby. I vow to spend the next ten years posting a little more, testing the waters of player analysis with respects to those here that have shown me how it's done, and to uphold the credo of class that we all, whether in agreement or disagreement, deserve as the lucky ones who love the greatest franchise in the world.

Thanks, you Homers and Haters alike,
    Keith

2. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    Well done sir. Good post and happy you enjoy the place so much! :ffic:

ToddPhin likes this.
  3. ToddPhin

ToddPhin Premium Member Luxury Box Club Member

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    On behalf of myself and everyone else here and mostly myself again, I'd like to take this opportunity to graciously say you're welcome. :shifty:

finyank13 and Boik14 like this.