1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just saw a BBC promo for INTRUDERS

Discussion in 'TV, Music and Movies' started by ToddPhin, Jul 26, 2014.

1. ToddPhin

ToddPhin Premium Member Luxury Box Club Member

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    :drool: looks outstanding! Has a feel that's like Utopia, a show that many of you are missing out on. Starts late August.
    It's a mystery/thriller series centered around a secret society devoted to chasing immortality by seeking refuge in the bodies of others.

[video=youtube;mQw0rwf8xkQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQw0rwf8xkQ[/video]

Clark Kent likes this.
  2. Claymore95

Claymore95 Working on it... Club Member

Sep 8, 2012
    Peebles, Scotland
    I read the book this was based on, as well as many of the author's (Michael Marshall) other books, and because of that I couldn't wait to watch this. What I saw was a show that took too long to get going and, even for someone who's read the book, was far too confusing in setting up what was going on. I did end up enjoying it in the end, but had to fight through the first few episodes to keep my interest going.

Unfortunately, although I don't know if the decision has been confirmed yet, it's looking unlikely to get a second season. In a way, that's a shame, as it does have some promise.

Although, even if you don't watch the show, check out Marshall's books, Straw Men (which was the first I read) is a tremendous read. He's also written acclaimed sci-fi novels under the name Michael Marshall Smith.

ToddPhin likes this.