1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NFL Logic - smoking a joint is worse than beating your wife/gf/whatever

Discussion in 'Other NFL' started by Ronnie Bass, Jul 24, 2014.

1. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Fighter of the Nightman

May 9, 2008
    Agreed. However, The NFL only tests for drugs once a year (April). You can smoke weed 11 months out of the year, basically. In all fairness, you have to be an idiot to fail a drug test.

2. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    You can beat your girl year round though apparently!

3. Ronnie Bass

Ronnie Bass Luxury Box Luxury Box

Dec 19, 2007
    Comment from a Ravens fan:

Alot of it is just trash talk from fans. 2 games is less than I expected also, but it's not like Rice hit a random woman, the victim in question is now his wife, they've received counseling and hopefuly, botched public apology aside (seriously what did his wife apologize for?), they both can get past all this together. It's not really the NFL's business to meddle with someone's marital problems.

I get it, its ok to hit a woman as long as you know her.

4. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    I'm going to play devil's advocate for a moment.

He married this girl. Unless there's a prenuptial agreement in place then what is his now is also hers. That includes his NFL paycheck. That paycheck will be dinged $500,000 (approximate) due to his suspension.

Could the NFL be thinking essentially that whatever punishment they mete out to Ray Rice invariably is also punishment meted out to the woman he hit, and maybe that's why they went a little easy on him?