1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anthony Hopkins Boards J.J. Abrams' HBO Sci-Fi Pilot 'Westworld'

Discussion in 'TV, Music and Movies' started by NaboCane, Jul 22, 2014.

1. NaboCane

NaboCane Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    http://tvline.com/2014/07/22/anthony-hopkins-westworld-pilot-cast-hbo/

Hmmm...Abrams, Hopkins, the free rein of HBO. Could be something.

I actually didn't like the '73 flick, although 'Sex World' was one of the best XXX of its time. They had me at "Leslie Bovee..."

2. ToddPhin

ToddPhin Premium Member Luxury Box Club Member

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    hmmmmm. That's all I can say right now..... but it's a good hmmmm.

BTW Nabo, do me a favor and start watching Suits from season 1 and tell me if you don't fall in love with it.

3. VanDolPhan

VanDolPhan Club member Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Hamilton, Ontario Canada
    It's the same team that does Person of Interest. So that part to me is at least solid.

This has to be HBO's first Sci-Fi show in a long time. Actually have they done Sci-Fi before?

4. NaboCane

NaboCane Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    Oh, I don't know about that; in all the promos since day one, the actors put me off.

I've been considering going back and watching that one with Timothy Hutton. And whenever someone asks if I watch 'Criminal Minds,' I always wonder why not, since it's right up my alley, being a procedural. Plus, Joe Mantegna; the guy is gold.

I can't recall any. I know that 'Stargate' began on Showtime, of course.

ToddPhin likes this.
  5. ToddPhin

ToddPhin Premium Member Luxury Box Club Member

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    I've got Leverage saved on my IMDb watch list. Let me know what you think if you beat me to it. If there weren't so much good stuff out there I probably would've gotten to it already TBH. I think that's a testament to just how much better TV is today and how much more it has to offer than a few decades ago.

From someone who's seen nearly every great show available, IMO Suits is arguably the the most intelligent, witty, well-written, fun dramedies ever made. Plus it features banter that references movie quotes [always an added bonus], and it offers an organic storyline that's continually developing and evolving. Not to mention you're missing out on a pair of the most magnetic supporting characters on TV in Louis Litt (Rick Hoffman) & Donna (Sarah Rafferty) whom are worth watching for their roles alone.... and Harvey Specter (Gabriel Macht) is personally one of my favorite lead characters presently out there. If you want something fresh & stylish, there's a good chance this is it. It does for law what Nip Tuck did for medical in that regard.

6. cuchulainn

cuchulainn Táin Bó Cúailnge Club Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Hattiesburg, MS
    I liked Leverage when it first came out, but like Burn Notice, it's shtick got tiresome after a while.

I did like the original Westworld, but then I am a fan of Yul Brenner. Really liked him in Invitation to a Gunfighter. Be interesting to see what this Westworld becomes.