1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The nfl network..what is wrong with them??

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by djphinfan, Jul 22, 2014.

1. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Who the hell does the hiring and producing on that network..monkeys.?

Their main angle is taking ex NFL players and letting them talk improvisation-ally, do they know that's so freakin annoying, the stupid sh@& that comes out of these players mouths causes the most awkward of moments, it's simply unwatchable, but, it's Content..

I guess they just don't care cause they know were gonna watch...

Tell you what they need...a competition network..another all 24 hour NFL network..

I'm watching warren sapp and Lorenzo "I'm wearing my knee length soot suit"Neal..ill give you an example of poor production from right now live.

So they have sapp and Neal squaring off at a table..the game is " yes or no" to the playoffs, a camera man with headphones brings into camera view, helmets of the particular teams that have envelopes in them that say " yes or no"....... Lol, ok, so then the floor is theirs to talk once they pull the card out of the helmet..

You cannot give these folks this much freedom and expect quality reporting or entertainment..

I want to hurt somebody when I watch..

The only thing they have going for them is content from the league, a bizarre affiliation with the league, and hot women in naughty dresses.

Yup, that's your perception and I am your #1 demographic...terrible job entertainng us it's our favorite sport.

People talk about how they hate Espn so much but it's still way better commentary and personalities then what this network is looking for..way more sophistication and writers, I can honestly say that the talent of the on screen personalities and anchors are in another level compared to the NFL network, some if these anchors on Espn are very talented in their delivery.

Why can't our nfl teams have their own networks, like what's happening in college, sec, big 12 network etc?

I would subscribe for year round coverage..

2. cuchulainn

cuchulainn Táin Bó Cúailnge Club Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Hattiesburg, MS
    Watched the Dolphins segment on why or why not the Fins make the playoffs from a week or two ago.

The gist of it based on their opinions:
    Why:
    - Tannehill - under rated
    - New offensive system with Lazor. More receiver production. Playing faster.
    - New OLine, specifically Albert and James

Why not:
    - Oline - 4 new starters, 3 unknowns
    - Loss of Pouncey due to surgery/recovery
    - Division play - can't get past the Pats

The show is usually annoying and you get about 5 mins of interesting info. The rest is gossip and speculation. Awful Announcing did a piece on them a couple weeks ago - http://awfulannouncing.com/2014/meet-the-new-cast-of-nfl-am.html

3. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Twuaddle or bust Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    It's the offseason - right before training camp, so I think that's a factor IMO. just playing devil's advocate, but it could be a time for the network to fill in gaps since normal main guys are on vacation. It's hard for me to rank ESPN commentary any better. the lingering stench of Sean Salisbury at ESPN will trump any goofball at NFL network. these two networks are competing for the same scraps of guest speakers.

4. Unlucky 13

Unlucky 13 Team Raheem Club Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    NFL Network could have been so awesome, but they've decided to appeal to 15 year olds as their main market, apparently. Its gotten worse and worse and worse every year. I desperately want serious, calm NFL programming. Not the total crap they keep putting out. Not holding my breath.

djphinfan likes this.
  5. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    The cameramen were handing helmets to warren sapp to deliver the cards that say yes or no.lol..his blubbering *** can't put sentences together without acting like a complete fool.

But Amber theo Harris wears some naughty freakin dresses every day, I can't even focus on what the hell she's saying, their all damn hot..

It's so obvious someone tells the girls to wear naughty dresses..that's just wrong ain't it?.... I mean I watch them because their sexy as hell but is that the image and perception the NFL, one of the most successful companies in the world want to be associated with?

Their either conscious of the meatheads and hot women angle, or their producers are horrible at their jobs.

6. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Twuaddle or bust Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    Sapp is truly the worst.

7. jdallen1222

jdallen1222 Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    Plantation, Fl
    They should be breaking down the all 22 footage from the previous season. That would fill plenty of time, and probably make more people knowledgeable as to what is going on.

8. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009

Holy ****, how did you know?

[​IMG]

9. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    Lets do it. Lets start a station that kicks NFL Networks ***!

:shifty:

10. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    I got an antenna rod, some tin, barbiturates and a video camera. Let's go!

bigbry likes this.
  11. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    I'm all over this in the training camp thread in the mains..

Conference networks..we share the same ideas..time to start to cater to the real followers of the sport and not just spewing the surface level crap to hardcore fans, were better than this crap..

Time to evolve..

12. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    combine that with fantasy football shows, breakdowns, off season OTA's , front office shows, the passion and interest that is offseason training by pro athletes, combine, draft, pre draft, reality shows...it's endless and having one network who doesn't know what their doing is not enough coverage for the desire that's out there..

Isn't it amazing and frustrating when you know something will work, make millions, yet you can't reach it.

13. cuchulainn

cuchulainn Táin Bó Cúailnge Club Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Hattiesburg, MS

Bry did say you have a "purty mouth". :shifty:

14. Unlucky 13

Unlucky 13 Team Raheem Club Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    I'm not sure if there's any overlap with the league oversight of NFL Network and NFL Radio, but they could really take a few clues from the radio side on how to run the morning program. Its so much more professional and focused on the real issues, both in and out of the season. The TV show is as much of a joke as ESPN's First Take (or whatever its called these days). The radio show must also be master's at screening their callers too, because they let fans talk on the air all day long, and its almost never a train wreck like so many other programs can become.

djphinfan likes this.
  15. bigbry

bigbry Huge Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Colorado
    [​IMG]

16. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    Best thing about NFL network...Molly..she's like a piece of caramel I want to melt down and drink thru a straw.

17. bigbry

bigbry Huge Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Colorado
    [​IMG]

Unlucky 13 likes this.
  18. Phinsball24

Phinsball24 New Member

Aug 18, 2014
    Port Orange,Florida
    Just because you Played a Sport does not mean you can talk about it or announce it.