1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking to add two owners to my league

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by Unlucky 13, Jul 22, 2014.

1. Unlucky 13

Unlucky 13 Team Raheem Club Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    I'm looking to add to owners/teams to my fantasy league for the 2014 season (and beyond). Its a league that I've run every year starting in 2001. A few of the owners have been there since the beginning with me, a few are friends that joined more recently, and a few others are friends of friends. Last year, we ran with just 8 teams because I couldn't find anyone else to join up after we had a few owners lose interest and leave, but I'd really like to get back up to 10, or even 12.

A few notes:

- Its run by me, as I said, and I take it very seriously.
    - I've been playing fantasy football, in one sort or another since 1994, and online since 1997.
    - its an ESPN league, and is completely free with no prizes. Its for fun and pride.
    - I have a custom scoring system, allowing for partial and negative points.
    - Each team has 15 starters and 10 reserves, and I allow for 2 IR spots too.
    - this is the first year that we are doing keepers. each owner from last year is able to hold over 3 from last season. While I would have preferred to handle it a liittle differently, in the ESPN league, this means that the teams that join new will basically draft 3 players after the 24 that are chosen as keepers, and then get the early picks starting in the 4th round of the snake draft.
    - the best QBs are the most valuable players, followed by the best RB and 2nd tier QB, then the best WR and second tier RB, then the best TE, and then individual defensive players, and lastly kickers.
    - most teams score 150-200 points per week
    - while its common for a good QB to score 35-50 points per week, its possible to go over 100 with a great week. On the other hand, a really bad week can even lead to a player ending with a negative total. Colin Kapernick was the highest scoring player one week, and scored below zero the following one week last season in my league. I feel this adds fun and an element of unpredictability.

If you are interested, please PM me and we an talk. I'm happy to forward anyone the complete scoring system. I just want the owners who join to take it seriously, treat the existing owners with respect, and ideally be interested in playing in the future as well.