1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thinking of starting a fun & crazy Keeper/Dynasty League with a twist

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by ToddPhin, Jul 16, 2014.

1. ToddPhin

ToddPhin Premium Member Luxury Box Club Member

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    I've never been in a Dynasty league from start-up, and I'm only in 2 leagues as it is, so I have the itch to start one. The twist is it'll only be for 5 years and the champion of year 5 will be the overall grand champs. Figured everyone could chip in at least $15 or $20 and have a few prizes at the end and for each yearly champ to keep participation active [money, beer, liquor, NFL merchandise, hookers], emphasis on active, Fin-O & Fin-D. Perhaps keep it competitive by having a $10 penalty for the bottom four teams each year that gets added to the pot.

Obviously we'd have a Sacko Award, and apropos of The League it'd have to be something embarrassing for the loser but heavily enjoyable for the rest of the league. Could entail having to buy a bottle of liquor of the league's choosing and doing X amount of shots while wearing something embarrassing of the league's choosing and streaming it for the league to watch. :lol: We could have awards for best overall 5 year record, most overall points scored, most points in a week, best drafter [voted on], best waiver wire [voted on], and whatever else fun you can come up with.

Obviously we'd need at least 10 GM's to sign up, but if we can get that many I thought I'd leave it up to everyone to decide what type of league it'll be, the settings, etc. Haven't done an auction but I'd be ok with it, maybe even with a salary cap. Perhaps have the ability to use waiver wire money to buy players from other teams.

So if anyone's interested, follow the link to the duplicate thread in the Fantasy Forum and add your name. If we reach 10 names we'll kick it off. Questions? http://www.thephins.com/FantasyLeagueThread

It's down time so I hope no one minds me posting this in the mains since it might not get many looks in the Fantasy Forum.

2. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    Worst teams should have to buy a Mark Sanchez jersey.

Would actually save them like $8.

ToddPhin likes this.
  3. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    I have no idea what any of what you said means but I'm in, I think we should form an all star team and make money myself.

ToddPhin likes this.
  4. ToddPhin

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    It's a fantasy football league, only you keep your original team and then have a draft each successive season from that year's rookie class. Have you already played fantasy [football]?

So basically something like:
    10 team league each team would start: 2 QB's, 2 RB's, 3 WR's, 1 TE, 2 Flex [WR/TE/RB], 1 Kicker, 2 Defense/Special Teams
    12 teams: QB, 2 RB, 2 or 3 WR, TE, 2 Flex, 1 K, 1 DEF
    14 teams: QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, 2 Flex, 1 K, 1 DEF

5. ToddPhin

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    Just added the link, sorry.

6. bigbry

bigbry Huge Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Colorado
    Phishing scam alert!

ToddPhin likes this.
  7. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    "loser has to send me naked pictures".
    Nice try toddsational

bigbry and ToddPhin like this.
  8. ToddPhin

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    That's not an invitation to lose on purpose Lucy. :shifty:

So we're 5 short of a 10 team league, but 12-14 would be ideal.
    Currently its me, FinFanGirl, Rdhstlr23, Ohio Fanatic, and SirAdam134.

This is a chance to possibly see FFG grab vials of Goldschlager from between her boobs or witness DJ pick up 6 consecutive shots of Rumplemintz with his butt cheeks..... so don't let this precious opportunity pass you by!! Good times in store. :yes:

9. rdhstlr23

rdhstlr23 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    I'm in Chicago, but I'd be down. I've never done dynasty or auction. I've only done keeper and redraft.

ToddPhin likes this.
  10. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    I'm not all in on playin, just all in on you creating a potential small business venture or potential Phins.com forum, that involves your intellect, football and money.

ToddPhin likes this.
  11. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    Sacko could be like a version of Drunk History. The loser would have to watch one of those specials they always do on the NFL Network where they detail the ups and downs of a team's championship winning season. In this case I think we can all agree it should have to be one of the Patriots' championship seasons. They have to take notes, get blind drunk, and then relate to the camera every up and down of the season.

ToddPhin likes this.
  12. ToddPhin

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    well in that case...

[​IMG] :p

Deej, if you haven't played fantasy football you're missing out brobeans. It's as fun and addicting as the regular football season itself. You'd catch on quickly.

13. ToddPhin

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    I'm in NC so it's all good, Red. It doesn't have to be an auction, but it's an option.

14. ToddPhin

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    LOL, that'd be a fun popcorn moment for all to cherish.

Hopefully you don't finish in last place and ironically have to succumb to your own plan. :shifty:

15. ToddPhin

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    How 'bout having a cookie jar for various punishments?
    ..... like 5 or 10 bucks for clearly forgetting to set a lineup?

.... or how about each GM having to predict each week's matchup winners, with the worst predictor each week anteing up 5 bucks, the worst at season's end forking out 10 bucks, and the league's best predictor at season's end reaping the reward with a prize?

16. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    I want to buy stock in Todd and CK..better yet, a colaboration.

Until then Piss off.:wink2:

ToddPhin likes this.
  17. rdhstlr23

rdhstlr23 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    Sounds great. I'm in.
    And I'm down for auction. It would be cool doing something completely different.

18. VanDolPhan

VanDolPhan Club member Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Hamilton, Ontario Canada
    GM League already keeps me busy enough and even that got split into 2 leagues. Hoping they learned their lesson and re-emerge with one league for play next year. Isn't enough players to run multiple leagues here.

19. Mach

Mach Cap Dude

Apr 20, 2009
    We couldn't come to an agreement, so, the split remains. I've talked with Paul about possibly scheduling things so when one is "quiet" the other is active at least.