1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thinking of starting a fun & crazy Keeper/Dynasty League with a twist

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by ToddPhin, Jul 16, 2014.

1. ToddPhin

ToddPhin Premium Member Luxury Box Club Member

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    I've never been in a Dynasty league from start-up, and I'm only in 2 leagues as it is, so I have the itch to start one. The twist is it'll only be for 5 years and the champion of year 5 will be the overall grand champs. Figured everyone could chip in at least $15 or $20 and have a few prizes at the end and for each yearly champ to keep participation active [money, beer, liquor, NFL merchandise, hookers], emphasis on active, Fin-O & Fin-D. Perhaps keep it competitive by having a $10 penalty for the bottom four teams each year that gets added to the pot.

Obviously we'd have a Sacko Award, and apropos of The League it'd have to be something embarrassing for the loser but heavily enjoyable for the rest of the league. Could entail having to buy a bottle of liquor of the league's choosing and doing X amount of shots while wearing something embarrassing of the league's choosing and streaming it for the league to watch. :lol: We could have awards for best overall 5 year record, most overall points scored, most points in a week, best drafter [voted on], best waiver wire [voted on], and whatever else fun you can come up with.

Obviously we'd need at least 10 GM's to sign up, but if we can get that many I thought I'd leave it up to everyone to decide what type of league it'll be, the settings, etc. Haven't done an auction but I'd be ok with it, maybe even with a salary cap. Perhaps have the ability to use waiver wire money to buy players from other teams.

So if anyone's interested, sign up in this thread, and if we reach 10 teams we'll kick it off. Questions?

GM's so far
    1. Finfangirl
    2. Me
    3. Rdhstlr23
    4. SirAdam134
    5. Ohio Fanatic

2. Finfangirl

Finfangirl Season Ticket Holder Luxury Box

Dec 8, 2007
    Bay Area, Ca
    I'm In!

ToddPhin likes this.
  3. ToddPhin

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    :omg: ...... Run for the hills!! League's cancelled. :shifty:

Finfangirl likes this.
  4. siradam134

siradam134 Member

Apr 25, 2013
    I'm in! Sounds like a lot of fun.

ToddPhin likes this.
  5. ToddPhin

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    Great, just fill out this 5 page questionnaire for vetting purposes and submit your $100 refundable deposit. :shifty:

6. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Twuaddle or bust Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    I'm in, but it depends on when you're holding the draft. Been playing FFootball for 12 years, but never been in a Keeper league.

ToddPhin likes this.
  7. ToddPhin

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    hopefully we can set a date that's good for everyone. Once we get a full league we can figure it out. My first year for a keeper league as well. We'll have to get a veteran to help us figure out the best settings and league type.

8. ToddPhin

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    So here are some of the features I've come up with [feel free to add more or suggest amendments]:

• minimum of $20 buy in to cover prizes of money, beer/liquor, and NFL merchandise. {can be paid in installments over the season if anyone is tight on cash which is understandable this time of year}

• 5 year dynasty league with prizes for each yearly champ and then the overall champ after 5 years.

• Additional prizes for most points scored after 5 years, best overall record, best drafter, best user of waiver wire.

• $10 fines for bottom 4 teams each year.

• Sacko Award for each season's loser that will involve some form of good-natured embarrassment that's enjoyable for all.

• $5 fine for for forgetting to set a lineup.

• Each GM predicts the weekly matchups. $5 fine for worst predictor each week. $10 fine for season's worst predictor.

• Season's best predictor gets an award TBD later.

• Potential for roughly $900 in prizes over 5 years but with the money being accrued in small enough amounts to keep it fun and non-damaging to our pockets.

• the ability to use waiver wire money to buy players from other teams.

9. Ohio Fanatic

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    may not work in this case, but in the league I've been running for 12 years, we've been doing a slow live draft via email (guess you could have a thread work even better). typically takes two weeks and allows ample opportunity for trash talking while you wait for the next guy to make his pick.

as far as the features, all looks pretty cool to me, except the fines for GM predictions. There are some weeks where I'm working 60-70 hours and I don't much time for looking at the other games in the league.

ToddPhin likes this.
  10. ToddPhin

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    would you miss the 5 bucks that week? :shifty:

11. ToddPhin

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    Could have it where you send me a message that week letting me know you're too busy. Either that or inform me at the beginning of the season that you have to opt out of this aspect.

12. Ohio Fanatic

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    If it's going to be that involved, I may have to pull out of this league. I can't imagine my life ever getting less busy over the next couple of years.

13. ToddPhin

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    I'd just want it to be a fun involved, not a time consuming one. The weekly prediction-making isn't a big deal.... but if the rest of it seems to busy then I completely understand.