1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No matter your age, health make up, go get a yearly check up!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by PlanB, Jul 9, 2014.

1. PlanB

PlanB New Member

Mar 6, 2013
    Just had to say good by to a good friend and co worker , just turned 40 July 1st. 145 pounds, surfer, picture of health. he died of a massive heart attack out of no where. No one saw this coming. he was young , energetic , leaves behind a wife and 2 small children. Great guy that would have and has given people the shirt off his back. RIP brother! Please everyone get checked. This might have been prevented. Remember how fortunate you are today to have it.

ToddPhin, SICK and bigbry like this.
  2. Unlucky 13

Unlucky 13 Team Raheem Club Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    Too bad for your friend, man. Thats really tough, and I'm truely sorry to hear it. I second your remarks though. Diabetes hit me like a truck out of nowhere when I was 30. Now, I see my primary doc every six months for a checkup and bloodwork. Its helped me get my act in order, and the good news is that I get all my other vitals regularly too. Everyone needs to get checked out.

PlanB likes this.
  3. PlanB

PlanB New Member

Mar 6, 2013
    Good for you bro! Man it came out of nowhere. Great guy , father/ husband. Shame.

4. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    Yup, my Aunt just passed at 38 due to a rare form of liver cancer, no drinking, no smoking.....mother of 2, with a loving husband...she left behind due to not getting regular check ups. By time she had pain and went to the ER she was diagnosed and passed this earth within 3 months. It's a ****ed up thing, but she never got regular check ups....maybe nothing happens, maybe it's found early....no matter, we can all agree seeing a health professional will never do you wrong. So get looked at and get checked, it won't hurt, and it may save your life.

ToddPhin likes this.
  5. cuchulainn

cuchulainn Táin Bó Cúailnge Club Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Hattiesburg, MS
    That's what they keep telling Cif at the HIV clinic.

And in other news, Bry offers FinD to anyone needing a free prostate exam. McLovin says he really gets in there.

PlanB, Fin D and SICK like this.
  6. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    Sorry to hear that man.

7. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    Sorry to hear about your friend PB. Life can be cruel sometimes.

8. PlanB

PlanB New Member

Mar 6, 2013
    Aren't you supposed to use your hand for that exam though?

9. NaboCane

NaboCane Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    I guess there is ONE good thing about being diabetic and having to see the doc 2-4 times a year. Nothing slides.

Unlucky 13 likes this.