1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Conjemi talks 2014 class after observing them all offseason..daily Jarvis nug.

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by djphinfan, Jul 2, 2014.

1. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Jarvis Landry, WR, LSU:

"After a handful of practices that I’ve witnessed, it looks like Landry was a major steal for the Dolphins in the second round. His consistency in route running, dependability, and cleanly catching the football separates Landry from some of the other young wide receivers that I’ve seen. The knock on Jarvis was the lack of foot speed due to a bad 40 time at the combine, but that has not been apparent when he’s really playing the game of football. He continually gets separation because of his precise routes, and when he is in a crowd, knows how to position his body between the defender and the football. His wide catch radius and ability to catch in traffic will be very helpful to quarterback Ryan Tannehill."

http://www.thefinsiders.com/blog/2014/early-observations-of-the-rookie-class

2. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    If you really read through that whole piece you come away not sure what you can trust because it's clear he struggled to put all of the rookies' performance into context for the obvious reason that he's not allowed to say anything negative about any of them.

Serpico Jones, Pandarilla and Bpk like this.
  3. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    Careful CK some might start calling you Neg Nance ;)

4. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    Is that a thing?

5. FinNasty

FinNasty Alabama don’t want this... Staff Member Club Member

Dec 1, 2007
    ...ether that, or they're all just awesome. Lets just go with that they're all awesome... ;)

6. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    They're all awesome and every single one of them is REALLY the guy he's most intrigued with.

Bpk likes this.
  7. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    This is totally not jumping the gun. Not at all.

8. GMJohnson

GMJohnson New Member

Jan 27, 2010
    So tired of hearing about how good guys look in shorts. Not only is it not real football, most established players are there to basically avoid bad press and fines so it's really easy for a fringe guy who's going 100% to stand out and get his name in the paper.

9. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    I know, but you can tell when he has some conviction about some things..

Calling Landry a steal in the 2nd is only adding to the extreme positives about him..it's like I never hear him described like I think he is..

I'm interested to see if Aikens , lynch, and Hazel will even make the 53.

Larry Little likes this.
  10. VManis

VManis Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 10, 2010
    This time last year, half of our draft class was still recovering from injuries so having a healthy draft class is a step in the right direction.

11. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    That is all the news they have.

GMJohnson likes this.
  12. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

Early buy Observation your Of season's The tickets Rookie now Class

By dolphins John propaganda Congemi ministry

13. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    It just annoys me when the piece has got to be this:

So-and-So One: This guy was really underrated. Starter, day one. Easily.

So-and-So Two: Steal of the draft.

So-and-So Three: Really love this guy, certainly the guy that impressed me the most.

So-and-So Four: This is the guy that fans will really want to watch most closely because the Dolphins might have something here.

So-and-So Five: Not a guy I knew anything about before but he turned my head the quickest and most violently in camp. True diamond in the rough.

So-and-So Six: Incredible athlete and really good player that could have trouble making the roster simply because it's so awesome.

So-and-So Seven: Incredible athlete and really good player that could have trouble making the roster simply because it's so awesome.

So-and-So Eight: Incredible athlete and really good player that could have trouble making the roster simply because it's so awesome.

14. Bpk

I believe that's the actual word .doc template stored on the Finsiders server for the yearly rookie preview article. How'd you get it?

15. LBsFinest

LBsFinest Banned

Jul 24, 2012
    Lmao

16. Bpk

To wit:

Dallas Thomas: This guy was really underrated. Starter, day one. Easily.

Jamar Taylor: Steal of the draft.

Dion Jordan: Really love this guy, certainly the guy that impressed me the most.

Dion Sims: This is the guy that fans will really want to watch most closely because the Dolphins might have something here.

Don Jones & Will Davis: Not a guy I knew anything about before but he turned my head the quickest and most violently in camp. True diamond in the rough.

Mike Gillislee: Incredible athlete and really good player that could have trouble making the roster simply because it's so awesome.

AJ Francis: Incredible athlete and really good player that could have trouble making the roster simply because it's so awesome.

Chad Bumphis: Incredible athlete and really good player that could have trouble making the roster simply because it's so awesome.

Pandarilla likes this.
  17. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

Getting last year's rookies back healthy it's almost like having two draft classes in one. Then considering IMO, this was the strongest group of UDFAs we've signed in recent memory, and it gives one good reason to be at least a little optimistic about the future.

DPlus47 and PhinFan1968 like this.
  18. MrClean

That would be funny except I do not recall anyone saying those specific things about those specific players. But why let facts get in the way of a good story.

19. Bpk

Ryan Tannehill: This guy was really underrated. Starter, day one. Easily. Overshadowed by Luck and RGIII but maybe better because he's barely played football since birth. REALLY!

Jonathan Martin: Steal of the second round.

Lamar Miller: Really love this guy, certainly the guy that impressed me the most.

Olivier Vernon: This is the guy that fans will really want to watch most closely because the Dolphins might have something here.

Michael Egnew: Not a guy I knew anything about before but he turned my head the quickest and most violently in camp. True diamond in the rough.

Derek Moye: Incredible athlete and really good player that could have trouble making the roster simply because it's so awesome.

Jonas Gray: Incredible athlete and really good player that could have trouble making the roster simply because it's so awesome.

Kheeston Randall: Incredible athlete and really good player that could have trouble making the roster simply because it's so awesome.

20. Bpk

I think if you read back on mini camp reports coming specifically through Dolphins-paid-sources you'd see something a lot closer to what my post represents than to what the reality was. Is it exact? No... but who honestly thinks it was meant to be precise more so than make a point?

Clearly it's not a point with which you agree. And that's the real issue.

21. MrClean

If all you see from finsiders.com is inaccurate pro Dolphins propaganda, the simple solution would be don't read them. :up:

I seldom do, unless a link gets posted here, and I didn't even have such a negative opinion on their objectivity.

22. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    Exactly. What else are Dolphin paid reporters supposed to say?

You people are like the people who listen to Nickleback just so they can complain that Nickleback has sold out.

23. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    My feeling was that Congemi was most impressed by Landry and Fede. He found positives for every pick but some were the equivalent to "he tries real hard". It sounded like he felt Landry and Fede were guys he thought would eventually excel.

24. ToddPhin

ToddPhin Premium Member Luxury Box Club Member

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    only if you wear fishnets. So ummm..... dinnner????

ckparrothead likes this.
  25. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    Yeah you just have to read thru the ministry as BK calls it(funny btw), to get thru some real impressions, even if I worked for the dolphins I would like to keep somewhat of a good reputation with the public before I go overboard on my superlatives for every player, so, while I do think in his own way he praises all things dolphins you can kind catch how he ( and the other dudes there)really feels when they go out on a limb..

26. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    You make it sound like they weren't the worst band ever to begin with.

Pandarilla likes this.
  27. PhinGeneral

PhinGeneral PC Texas A&M, Bro Club Member

Jan 4, 2008
    Swamps of Jersey
    Good point. I bet Andy Cohen is green with envy.

28. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

All I want is some Hoskins news.

29. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    Rocky Raccoon likes this.