1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sports Buzz :Roster battles

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by CrunchTime, Jun 28, 2014.

1. CrunchTime

CrunchTime Administrator Retired Administrator

Nov 23, 2007

There is more.Its worth a read.:yes:

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/sports-buzz/

2. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Thing is, a roster has to have guys who can step up who have physical talent.

3. RoninFin4

RoninFin4 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 11, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Count me as one who was/is not impressed with either Isaako Aaitui and A.J. Francis. I certainly think Anthony Johnson almost has to beat one of them out, barring injury.

I'm excited to see how Earl Mitchell ingratiates himself into the defense. My hopes are that he becomes a poor man's Brandon Mebane and allows Miami to do some more things across the front line than Paul Soliai did.

4. finwin

finwin Active Member

Apr 30, 2013
    Jamestown, NC
    Im not worried about our D as much as I am about the Offensive line. The scrimmage was not encouraging. If they cant Block against a mid range D, then early signs are they will struggle.

5. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Wucha gonna do Coyle.

6. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Makes sticking Dio's dick in the dirt less logical tbh

djphinfan likes this.
  7. jw3102

jw3102 season ticket holder

Sep 4, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii

Last year during OTA's, Davis was a standout and people on this forum were praising him and stating that he was going to challenge for a spot in the rotation. Yet once the regular season started he showed very little when his was on the field and was injured for much of the season.

So while I hope Brown and Johnson can step up and perform once the pads are actually put on and the hitting starts, I just can't get too excited with the play of rookies who have only been running around in shorts and hitting no one.

8. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    We on the same page homeslice.

padre31 likes this.
  9. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    That's my man right there!

Tellya Deej, I'm really feeling Jelani Jenkins game

10. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    well, you were the only one that I remember who was high on the kid when we drafted him, you had a conviction about him and stuck to til it started to flash in the last quarter of the year, in that last quarter he suprised the sh&& out of me..

Good call.. I love thinking about a kid who was a 5 star recruit who comes into his own and fulfills his potential and matures at the pro level, I sure as hell had my doubts..

I actually can't wait to watch him play, he had a discipline about his game that I strongly noticed..I want to see him win the damn position outright, want to see him become real physical.

11. Phoenician Fan

Phoenician Fan Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Jalil Brown is NOT a rookie. He just might be an excellent FA signing for depth.

Will Davis was just another enormous mistake by the idiot Jeff Ireland. He traded up for this guy who can't cover his own ***.

12. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

Thank you Captain Obvious.

13. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    Last year our defensive secondary lacked those instinctive plays that resulted in TOs. Outside of Grimes, nobody ever seemed to make a play on the ball. Davis is one of the few who has flashed those instincts (I also like the S Michael Thomas). Now Davis still played too much like a rookie to trust him last year. I would say that he was still a net negative b/c he hasn't learned when to gamble, but it's way to early to call him a mistake. He has shown the instincts and skills that make him a good bet going forward. He just sucks at the fundamentals at this point. We'll see if he has the right mental make-up to improve his game.