1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Johnny Manziel Thread

Discussion in 'Other NFL' started by ckparrothead, Jun 27, 2014.

1. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    Starting it simply because I'm shocked that there isn't one.

finyank13 likes this.
  2. invid

invid Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 9, 2012
    A good person; Johnny Manziel. NSFW

[video=youtube;Y45aazfd6Mw]HTtp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y45aazfd6Mw[/video]

3. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    I don't think Ive ever wanted to punch someone in the face that I didn't know more than I want to punch Johnny Football :lol:

Unlucky 13 likes this.
  4. Tone_E

Tone_E Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 8, 2007
    As of two nights ago, Manziel was photographed rolling a bill in Vegas. This guy is a train wreck.

[​IMG]

ckparrothead and jdang307 like this.
  5. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Congrats Cleveland, you drafted a child.

6. Unlucky 13

Unlucky 13 Team Raheem Club Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    I can't wait until he parties himself straight out of the league. Such a tool.

7. Mitchellenman

Mitchellenman Active Member

Jul 7, 2014
    UK
    How anyone could like him is beyond me

Unlucky 13 likes this.
  8. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Fighter of the Nightman

May 9, 2008
    lol @ Johnny Football. Why any team would draft him is beyond me. Although Johnny Football to Josh Gordon makes a certain kind of sense...

9. byroan

byroan Giggity Staff Member Administrator Luxury Box

Nov 25, 2007
    NC
    I was excited that Manziel might be a good qb with Gordon catching passes. They have no one outside of their TE now. There's only so much he can do with his legs.

10. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    But unlimited things he can do with a dollar bill and his nose, on the plus side.

11. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Hmm, at least the Browns are not as boring any more?

12. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    Cause/effect.

Does give him one of the better nicknames in the league as Johnny 8Ball.

13. Tone_E

Dec 8, 2007
    Like Marino? I agree, just playing devil's advocate.

14. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Fighter of the Nightman

May 9, 2008
    Aside from rumors, Dan passed voluntary drug tests weekley at Pitt. According to the Rooney family, they hired Cops to stalk Dan and get to the truth of the rumors. They said he was clean. Your comment is baseless and pointless.

15. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    He's a punk with no humility, but if he gets his chance on the field, I believe his talent will translate.

He's gonna have to see his stupidity, slap himself, and try to expedite the maturity process.

16. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    That picture would scare the **** out of me if I were a Browns fan.

eltos_lightfoot likes this.
  17. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    Lol, Rollin up dollar bills in a bathroom in Vegas, lol..

It looks like in the picture that the other dude might be looking at him like " wtf are you doing, go in the stall you dumass.

Lol, that's some I'm untouchable sh@& right there.

18. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    More for the "Johnny Ain't Care" file:

[​IMG]

I may be starting to like this guy. A complete freaking train wreck as an NFL prospect, but an entertaining train wreck.

19. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    If you're going to be a top athlete you've got to have a hard core mug shot. That's just a rule, right? This qualifies:

[​IMG]

20. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    I think he thinks that the offseason is his, but once camp and season begins he will be locked in...we'll see what happens..

21. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    I don't doubt it. But I think he has a little bit of an entitlement problem. He most likely thinks the Browns starting job is his as well and he may balk at any delays in giving it to him.

22. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007

No question about he's an entitled cocky pric, however, do we think he can get in a huddle and motivate men?

23. Tone_E

Dec 8, 2007
    Have you seen this one?

[​IMG]

24. pocoloco

pocoloco I'm your huckleberry Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    North Chicagoland
    Can't wait for Hoyer to take that job and run with it

ckparrothead and Unlucky 13 like this.
  25. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    If he plays well, the huddle loves him. If he doesn't, the huddle revolts. It's going to be either black or white. His antics have squeezed out the grey area.

The problem with that is the NORMAL path that these guys generally walk involves struggling for a time. His antics have created a short fuse to where the players around him could sell out on him if he struggles even just the normal amount of time that new quarterbacks should be expected to struggle.

Look at Tannehill. We're still waiting on him and we're in Year 3. The players around him are still waiting too. But there's no shortage of confidence that he'll get there. Would Johnny Manziel survive Ryan Tannehill's learning curve? I don't think he would.

26. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    Put it another way...if Johnny Manziel has to suffer through the kind of learning curve Joe Flacco went through where he struggled for two years then put it together better in year three...the entire team, coaching staff and fan base will have turned on Manziel.

If Johnny Manziel has to suffer through the kind of learning curve Drew Brees went through where he struggled for THREE years, **** it Manziel probably dies of a drug overdose.

eltos_lightfoot likes this.
  27. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    The real question is: Would Tony Dungy take this distraction on?

28. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    As long as it doesn't come with butt sex.

Mainge likes this.
  29. unluckyluciano

Dec 7, 2007
    guess that depends on how good the cocaine is...........

ckparrothead likes this.
  30. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    Pric and all,his game will probably flash quickly.

31. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    There goes the theory that Johnny Cocaine would revert back to Johnny Football as soon as training camp began.

http://bustedcoverage.com/2014/07/30/johnny-manziel-finally-went-drinking-in-cleveland/

Photos clearly show him drinking multiple beers at a bar two miles away from training camp on a Tuesday night, with practice scheduled early for the next day.

Pretty soon I'm going to start actually just feeling bad for the kid for having a real problem with drugs and alcohol. He very likely does. I hate to say it was easy to see through his bull sh-t during the draft process, but it should have been.

32. Limbo

Limbo Mad Stillz

Mar 21, 2013
    Wow I had not seen that restroom shot. Jeez.

It's funny...I feel like naming him the week 1 starter would help get gim back on track...but that'd mean you were looking past all the sh-t he's pulling and rewarding this guy. It's crazy.

33. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    I don't think he's likely to take any delays in naming him the starter very well. And he's likely to take success from the guy ahead of him (Hoyer) even worse. I don't think he would act out or speak out against Hoyer, I think he'll be very supportive in the locker room setting, but I think he'll be drinking himself into a stupor on the daily.

unluckyluciano and Stitches like this.
  34. schmolioot

schmolioot Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Orlando
    Brett Favre had issues with alcohol too.

As long as he puts everything he has on the field, I have no issues. As long as he's not hurting anybody else, what he does in his off time is his business.

Plus, who knows what these guys are doing after camp. The difference is that people are so interested in Manziel that he literally can't go anywhere without people taking pictures. That's today's age.

35. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    This really just is not true. Manziel is POSING for a bunch of these pictures which find their way online, with the exception of his cocaine picture and now this bar picture.

And I don't understand this idea that everyone's doing the same thing. They're not. They're really not. Especially at the quarterback position.

Hell even one of his best friends would be surprised to find out that Manziel is going to bars on training camp nights. Mike Evans said to reporters that he's pretty sure that you won't see Manziel out at any bars once camp starts. Texas A&M staff expressed the same to Browns staff are scared sh-tless of everything he's been doing. Yet here we are, camp is fully under way, and there's Manziel out at bars.

It's one thing to have rumors of cocaine use back in college, years before you graduate. It's another thing to be photographed with a rolled up $20 bill in a Vegas bathroom a few weeks before camp starts.

And now he's at camp not looking very good during practice, and trying to explain to reporters that he's a gamer and he never looks as good in practice as he does during games.

Yeah, Johnny. Keep up with that.

36. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    I dont even care if he wants to do coke all season long. My issue...do it in your friggen house or car away from cameras.

37. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    Well, my issue would be...don't do cocaine.

I do believe that's a drug that is intrusive on your performance as a professional athlete. And you've got to remember, this is a quarterback that uses his body rather than his mind or technical skills a lot more than most quarterbacks. That was the bill of goods he sold to the NFL. I scramble. I run around. I'm fast. I make people look silly in the backfield.

If that's the case then this guy needs his body to be in top performance form. He needs to be able to absorb hits, too. Alcohol and cocaine definitely detract from his physical prowess on the field and his physical prowess on the field was supposed to be a big part of his game.

38. Tone_E

Dec 8, 2007
    Agreed, alcohol and cocaine definitely detract from his physical prowess. And those that say alcohol is ok as long as it is on his own time, etc. may not understand how alcohol will lead to cocaine. If you are a user, the more you drink, the higher the urge to use. This guy is on a slippery slope.

Mainge and ckparrothead like this.
  39. unluckyluciano

Dec 7, 2007
    the one thing somewhat positive I guess is that he's still snorting it and not smoking it or injecting it? Or bumping it? #alwaysseesthebrightside

ckparrothead likes this.
  40. Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell Post Hard, Post Often Club Member

Mar 22, 2008
    Count me skeptical of the cocaine thing...just doesn't pass the smell test to me. Nobody does cocaine in the open in a bathroom. You use a stall. I also have a very hard time believing that Manziel is using anything less than a hundred dollar bill if he is snorting cocaine. Thats assuming that he is rolling up a bill. He could be unrolling a bill that he gave to a friend that used it to snort something. He could be folding it up to tip the bathroom attendant. Really there are many possible explanations for what is in that picture.

That said, when you are a well-known partier like Manziel, you bring upon yourself opportunities for people to jump to conclusions.