1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Knowshon Moreno Having Surgery

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by ckparrothead, Jun 23, 2014.

1. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    Getting all the bad health news out of the way today, I see.

Will miss 4 to 5 weeks with arthroscopic knee surgery, per Adam Schefter.

Bpk likes this.
  2. Silverphin

Silverphin Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2007
    ....When does TC start again?

3. Ronnie Bass

Ronnie Bass Luxury Box Luxury Box

Dec 19, 2007
    I doubt we will see him in any preseason games

4. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

A lot of injuries. Who's next, Tom Brady?

SICK likes this.
  5. Bofin

Bofin Member

Apr 22, 2008
    appreciate you dropping the knowledge ck,, but its all bad,, pouncey and now moreno, man there have been better days for our phins

6. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    CK is like Starbuck in BSG, harbinger of ... surgery

thisperishedmin likes this.
  7. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Fighter of the Nightman

May 9, 2008
    I'd rather Lamar Miller start anyway. Moreno isn't exactly Mike Pouncey in the grand scheme of things.

8. aesop

aesop Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2008
    NYC
    You're out of your mind if you think Miller is even close to Moreno.

9. Alex13

Alex13 Tua Time !!! Club Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Berlin,Germany
    not as much if you, if you think this is more troubling than pouncey's scope, its "only" a 4-5 week time table he will be long ready for the season

10. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    Moreno managed 4.3 ypc with the most prolific offenses ever. Miller did 4.0 with that Philbin offense and offensive line. I don't think it's out of this world to think Miller could be comparable or even better than Moreno. This is before his recent knee troubles.

Nobody wanted Moreno, except us, this offseason.

ASOT, CaribPhin, gunn34 and 2 others like this.
  11. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Basically b/c they liked his blocking (imo), real question is he was thought to be out of conditioning for mini camp, can he get into shape and rehab his knee at the same time?

12. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Fighter of the Nightman

May 9, 2008
    Was on youtube and this was recommended to me... Since we're talking about RB's, I figured I'd post it for fun.

[video=youtube;90L64yOfzpw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90L64yOfzpw[/video]

Pound for pound, Ricky Williams has to be one of the greatest. His size, speed, quickness, and vision were something to behold.

ASOT, 77FinFan and Bpk like this.
  13. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

Always funny to me how people don't fistbump injury posts. I mean, sure, it's bad mews but I appreciate the poster sharing the news instead of leaving us in the dark.

So no-show Moreno is hurt. Hope he recovers quickly. The good news is Lamar Miller and the other backs will get lots of training camp reps, and if no one steps up, Moreno will be able to return to help us during the season.

14. gunn34

gunn34 I miss Don & Dan

Jan 5, 2008
    Oviedo FL
    He'll be fine for the start of the season. I hope this makes Miller play a lot better and prove to everyone, he's the man.

ASOT likes this.
  15. byroan

byroan Giggity Staff Member Administrator Luxury Box

Nov 25, 2007
    NC
    Moreno's career average is 4.1. Miller's is 4.2.

Unless we're talking about blocking, Miller is just as good if not better than him.

Now if we're talking about Moreno and Daniel Thomas? Then yes, I'd say they're not even close.

ASOT and Da 'Fins like this.
  16. Da 'Fins

Da 'Fins Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

Dec 19, 2007
    Birmingham, AL
    I was not a fan of the Moreno signing.

But the other factor for Moreno - aside from improved blocking (which is a very significant factor for the offense) - is his ability as a receiver that has been demonstrated. Miller has not demonstrated ability there.

But, I agree with Padre - the bigger concern is whether Moreno can get in shape after surgery. His poor conditioning was very troubling.

17. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    Biggest issue with the Knowshon Moreno signing is after they signed him they just stopped trying to get better at that position. No more cheaper level free agent signings, no draft picks, just two UDFAs (Orleans Darkwa and Damien Williams). I mean I kind of like Orleans Darkwa but probably at least a third of that is because I want to call him Darkwa Duck.

18. byroan

byroan Giggity Staff Member Administrator Luxury Box

Nov 25, 2007
    NC
    Miller had 26 catches last year. Take Moreno away from Manning, and he does about the same.

19. ASOT

ASOT New Member

Mar 29, 2013
    Coral Gables, FL
    If this becomes a pattern, it will start to cause trouble for Hickey. You never get satisfied at a position unless you have a "Dan Marino type" at a position.

20. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    At the time I didn't think it was wise to draft Aikens, Lynch, or Hazel, and I say that because I didn't think the units needed the addition, unless the player drafted had high upside, we'll see come preseason if they can make the team, flash and contribute, but you can't tell me we couldn't of found a good back with those resources..

21. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    Matt Hazel might have been worth a 6th round flier. Wouldn't have been my pick but I don't necessarily disapprove of it. Lynch and Aikens I don't like at all. I'm OK with Fede.

But in the 4th round we take Walt Aikens with guys like Khairi Fortt, Dontae Johnson, Kevin Pierre-Louis, Brent Urban, Larry Webster, Dakota Dozier, Telvin Smith and Devin Street still on the board...and then in the 5th round you go for Arthur Lynch with guys like Caraun Reid, Aaron Murray, Jonathan Newsome, Wesley Johnson, John Urschel, Robert Herron and Lache Seastrunk on the board. To me that's tough to swallow.

Guys that went below Hazel that I'd have probably rather had over him include Laurent Duvernay-Tardif, Marion Grice, Quincy Enunwa, Marquis Flowers, Daniel McCullers, Beau Allen, Ben Gardner and Trevor Reilly. But of them the only ones I felt pretty strong about were Beau Allen and Ben Gardner.

Would've liked to find a way to add Jonathan Dowling.

22. cuchulainn

cuchulainn Táin Bó Cúailnge Club Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Hattiesburg, MS
    Not drafting a RB and drafting guys like Lynch and Hazel over other talent seems to speak more to Philbin's pass priority philosophy for the offense. Sherman mentioned last season that while he preferred to run more, Philbin wanted the emphasis more on the passing attack.

As Hickey was Philbin's hand chosen GM, that philosophy has to be taken into account for this roster.