1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Has anyone ever been fired before

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Arodgers12, Jun 5, 2014.

1. Arodgers12

Arodgers12 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2010
    Or walked out on a job? If so what happened? Thought of a topic to pass this offseason lol.

2. Unlucky 13

Unlucky 13 Team Raheem Club Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    I was laid off in January after working for the same company for 13+ years, starting when I was 22. I was a retail manager, and my store was closed. It was the only full time job I've ever had. I'd worked part time while in college before that, but never been fired. I'm now a stay at home dad, and likely will be until my kids are both in school in 5 years. We'll see how the economy and job market are at that point.

maynard likes this.
  3. ToddPhin

ToddPhin Premium Member Luxury Box Club Member

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    I didn't go to work the next day.

4. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    [​IMG]

unluckyluciano likes this.
  5. NaboCane

NaboCane Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    [​IMG]

Sethdaddy8 and bigbry like this.
  6. jpep13

jpep13 Coach Of The Year Club Member

Dec 2, 2007
    When I lived in south Florida - worked at Publix in the bakery dept, had to wash bunch of stacked dishes. Walked out after a few hours. And of course I bump into my Dad at the time going to the store for groceries. Had to go in the next day for my last check and to apologize.

Got laid off at a graphics company that downsized, good ole unemployment line.

Just recently in Jan was a Resident Mgr for an apt complex. Bldg got sold had to move and still unemployed.

7. I. Use to work for a guy who was a father to me. I was there 10 years. He use to get me so worked up that I quit about once a month. I think they had a running pool on which day I would quit. I always came back the next day but every time I quit I meant it. The company finally folded when the economy crashed and I am now self employed. To this day I am still very close with my old boss and call him for advice when l need it. We still argue like mortal enemies and our phone calls often end with one of us hanging up on the other.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

bigbry likes this.