1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not anything special but....

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by SICK, May 28, 2014.

1. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    I wanted to start this thread as a "keep me motivated" thing to keep updated. I am sooooo all over the place as far as my routine. It always seems like something happens to stop progress, or keep me from keeping a dedicated routine weekly. Either nephew being born so I am at the hospital every day last week, sprain my ankle or pull my back, holidays or vacations etc.

Today that stops. I am starting to make being healthy a priority. I went from 293 to 208 now to 239 and I can't ****ing shake it. I am staying at 237-239 every morning for months now! Ill do some yoga for 4 straight days, then nothing for a week. Ill run twice a ****ing day for 3 days, then nothing for a week (its raining. or kids want to go to the pool. or kids have chorus after school) etc. I have a nice healthy protein shake with fruit for breakfast like clock work. Lunch is normally good, just a turkey sandwich with wheat bread, yellow mustard and some carrots. Then dinner? The kids want "real meals" or they dont want to "fend for themselves"...so I make pizza, or burgers, or chicken wings etc.

Not to mention my drinking is not helping. I am not a raging alcoholic where I am drinking daily. But there isnt a weekend that goes by where I am not pounding cold ones.

This thread is to keep me sharp, motivated, and realize that I am NOT healthy right now. Clothes are tight. Stress is apparent. And honestly, I am not happy.

Tonight. I run. Maybe do some dumbell stuff for added muscle hits. Dinner will be egg white omelette with spinach.

I was thinking to stop and get beer for the Heat game tonight. I won't. I don't need beer to enjoy a basketball game on a random Wednesday. I have work tomorrow. I will get a good nights sleep, wake up in the morning and either do yoga or run before work. I am done with this ****.

TL;DR -- Fatty is tired of his ****.

2. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Have you thought about training for something? A half marathon maybe? Usually that helps with motivation a bit.

ASOT and Bpk like this.
  3. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    Well we have a cruise in November. We both (my wife and I) really want to be in good shape for it. So that is def a med-long term goal to reach. However, I don't want to get caught up in a time frame diet, or else my mind will do the "I can take off today, I still have 5 months to train" routine. The time I lost almost 90 pounds I had literally nothing to gain but my life. I just did it everyday. I need to stay in that mind-frame.

Bpk likes this.
  4. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Waiting for objections from McLovin and FinD re: manboobs.

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk

SICK likes this.
  5. Sethdaddy8

Sethdaddy8 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    No carbs at night. Get them in before 5-7pm. Know the battles you are going to lose, and work around them the best you can.

finyank13 and SICK like this.
  6. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    What about veggies ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    If it is green eat it....

For me and I lost 20 pounds and still have 10 more to go.....I cut out sugar and alcohol.....sucks but you have too...

8. Unlucky 13

Unlucky 13 Team Raheem Club Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    Good luck man! Keep at it. Its a struggle for lot of us. I hope you can find a routine that works for you.

SICK likes this.
  9. bigbry

bigbry Huge Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Colorado
    Sick, pull your tampon out and get to it you spoiled little brat.
    November will be here before you know it.
    Let me guess , you will put this off until late Sept. and wonder why in November you look like a really soft Pillsbury biscuit.

That help?

SICK and finyank13 like this.
  10. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    Yes thank you *does 37 push ups*

bigbry likes this.
  11. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

My wife's been in the fitness and health field for 0 years and it's totally a mental/emotional game for sure! Nowing what to do is a tiny part of it, but actually DOING it consistently is the thing. She went to get life coach training just so she could help her clients stop falling off the wagon.

You may ant to look at something to address that side of the equation. A lot of the good resource in this area, unfortunately, are kind of directed at women. But I know one of the best mindset people is Marianne Williamson who did a book called "A Course In Weight Loss"

Here's a sample: http://www.oprah.com/spirit/An-Excerpt-From-A-Course-in-Weight-Loss-by-Marianne-Williamson

and link on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Course-Weight-Loss-Spiritual-Surrendering/dp/1401921531

Good luck Chris. you're right.. your life and happiness is at stake, but so is your kid's. Kids are proven to imitate what they watch their parents do, not what their parents say or tell them. So the commitment you're making will also save your son's life.

This quote sometimes helps me with following through on long-term goals...

"Never forget why you started"

Do whatever you have to to stay connected, REALLY feel connected, to that original motivation. If that means looking at a cardiogram every morning that shows your bad heart, do it. Or whatever puts you back in touch with the urgency and desire, bro.

Or just sit your wife and kid down at the dining room table and tell them, "Daddy is going to die early and won't be around to be with you because he doesn't want to do the things it will take to stay with you."

12. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

(and btw, don't diminish your thread's importance… it's more special and important than 99% of the b.s. we talk about in here --with the exception of CiF's exploits… Those shed important light on the plight of the last cro-magnon man)

SICK likes this.
  13. dolphindebby

dolphindebby Season Ticket Holder Luxury Box

Nov 26, 2007
    GA
    I quit smoking about 2 years ago and I didn't notice until my jeans got tighter. Now I'm like you, I try but I just cant do it.
    And with my heart I can't do too much. I don't want to give up but I'm ready too.

14. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    Instead of beer. I had celery sticks and ranch/hot sauce. For dinner I had spaghetti squash with meat sauce. Just got done some 35lb dumbell work outs (squats. Jumps. Calf raises. Curls. Flies. Push ups). Day one. Happy with it. Didn't use elevator at all today at work.

15. Sethdaddy8

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    Eat them whenever and as often as you can

SICK and finyank13 like this.
  16. Sethdaddy8

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    For you and sick, one thing to keep in mind...a lot happens when we sleep. Our bodes heal, recover, build muscle...and also we burn/absorb nutrients. The first major thing burned is carbohydrates. The second is fat. If you are loaded with carbs from your pastas and your breads and plethora of other carb sources, your body will not burn your fat. It is busy working through the carbs.

Eat carbs early and often, but shut it down before late in the day. Proteins are ideal for the evening. This will help you burn fat in your sleep.

And just be active debby. Strenuous activity is not necessary. But it starts in the kitchen, and as you lose weight, you will be up for more and more activity. And I implore you both to eat a lot of fruits and veggies.

djphinfan and SICK like this.
  17. Sethdaddy8

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    Not a ton of nutritional value in celery sticks, like iceberg lettuce. Go with carrots or raw broccoli instead. And go with leafy greens for lettuce, note iceberg. Just an FYI. Not trying to pee on your effort.

finyank13 likes this.
  18. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    It was celery or chips, celery wins hands down. I know it has limited nutrition, but it was filling and gave me something to do while bored watching the heat get screwed over.

I also took time after working out, to make meals for today. I am having a protein shake with strawberries and mango blended with ice and water right now. In 2-3 hours Ill have a peanut-butter sandwich. 2-3 hours after that I mixed a can of white abacoa tuna with shredded pickles, spinnach, cayenne pepper, yellow mustard and lemon juice. 2-3 hours after that I have a ham sandwich. Then I will come home and make veggies and chicken breast no larger than my hand.

Tons of water in between. No snacking. Thats the plan!

19. Sethdaddy8

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    It's a good plan!

SICK likes this.
  20. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    In the beginning you are going to cut out all those delicious carbs I take it, which is wise but you need energy as well....

Think carrots and sweet potatoes in the morning, they are more of a starchy veggie but still very good for you, omit white potato all together.

Think outside the box, breakfast doesn't have to be "breakfast" food....dinner can be "brinner" ie eggs and bacon....remember when you are dieting "food is fuel".....

Also dont be afraid to eat good fats....meat fat, tree nut fat (I live on peanut butter and almond butter, good stuff not skippy's).....

But whatever you do stay the eff away from anything in a bag (processed foods) and sugar....it will kill your diet...

21. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    Yes I am proud. I put white sugar into my mug today. And right before I poured coffee I tossed the sugar into the sink and washed it out. Went instead with black coffee and some honey for sweetness.

I get paid tomorrow and will be loading up on chicken breasts at 1.99 a pound at the grocer. Then I'll work on sweet potatoes and more veggies.

finyank13 likes this.
  22. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    Seth and anyone else. What is some bargain price stuff I can have always on me for meals throughout the day? I know protein bars and what-not. At work I have a fridge and a microwave. So anything I can bring to heat up or eat every 2-3 hours thats not costly would be great!

Also, for each of those meals am I looking for 200-300 calories per? Or should that not be that big of a deal if it's lean meals, and my metabolism is firing all day?

I mean obviously not pringles or candy as one of my meals.

23. Killer Bees

Killer Bees Bringin' the Ruckus

Aug 14, 2011
    You got the right idea with buying some chicken breast in bulk, I would go with a place like costco or B'J's. Also buy some turkey meat, you can make anything from burgers, tacos, and meatballs. Pair that with some veggies and you got a helathy lunch. You're doing it right, stick witth multiple small meals through out the day. I go with either some bananas or greek yogurt in between meals while at work. Try not to consume multiple protien bars all day unless you're about to or just finished exercising. Also bring some raw almonds to snack on, not too many though, just a handful.

SICK likes this.
  24. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    Tuna is great......mix it with "mayo"........

• 1 large egg yolk
    • 1/4 teaspoon salt
    • 1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
    • 1 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
    • 1 teaspoon white vinegar
    • 3/4 cup macadamia nut oil or avocado oil

SICK likes this.
  25. Sethdaddy8

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    Tuna is great, but go for chunk light or skipjack. Turkey breast sandwiches or all natural peanut butter and polander all fruit(jelly) is a good part of a meal. Always on whole wheat bread. Fruit or veggie on the side. A Greek yogurt too, as mentioned before. Def get chicken breast in bulk. You can have over a salad, as a sandwich, by itself with some BBQ sauce. You can go with a healthy cereal and skim milk too.

finyank13 and SICK like this.
  26. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    Well its 10:50 and I've already had a double scoop protein shake for breakfast with strawberries and mango. Around 10:15 I had a peanut butter sandwich. 2 cups of black coffee. and now water. Around 12:15-12:30 I'll eat my tuna.

Exciting, and I am not hungry at all. No urge to snack. Feeling good. Taking the stairs. Yoga tonight after work since it'll be raining. I'll probably do some dumbbell work after for a pump. Then i'll beat it in the shower for forearm work.....wait what?

finyank13 likes this.
  27. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    You getting in the downward dog for McLovin?

28. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    Three legged dog.

29. McLovin

McLovin Resident Pats fan.

May 7, 2008
    North Cacalaka
    :yes:

SICK likes this.
  30. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    Only drink water and watch your titties fall off.

31. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    I love water. Gotta stop the booze and diet soda.

I am alright with the soda. Gotta limit the booze to once per week if at all.

32. Killer Bees

Killer Bees Bringin' the Ruckus

Aug 14, 2011
    Yeah just drink water man. That's all you need besides beer on the weekends ofcourse.

SICK likes this.
  33. Unlucky 13

Unlucky 13 Team Raheem Club Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    I drink a TON of water, but I also drink unsweet ice tea and Crystal Lite. All carb and calorie free. Cutting out sugary drinks is THE EASIEST way to help lose weight. Thank goodness for Splenda in my hot tea though!

I've also cut way, way, way back on my beer & wine. I think I've had 5 or 6 beers total since last summer. 10 years ago, I'd have 5 or 6 three times a week.

SICK likes this.
  34. bigbry

bigbry Huge Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Colorado
    Sick, if you fail and I'm forced to see pictures of you in the pool wearing a t-shirt like the fatties......

[​IMG]

SICK likes this.
  35. bigbry

bigbry Huge Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Colorado
    #1-Determine how many days before you go on the cruise.

#2-Tell yourself not to drink or consume a soda for that number of days.

#3-If you cant, then ask yourself why not. Be honest with your answer.

SICK likes this.
  36. dolphindebby

Nov 26, 2007
    GA
    Thanks for the advice. But I cannot eat vegs. because I'm on coumdin.
    I'm gonna' see if that new medicine is good, it has no food worries and I wouldn't have to have my blood checked ever month.
    I've also had two strokes and I have to worry about cholostrel.
    I'm sorry I can spell or write my last stroke took away some of my motor skills.
    I always have a defibaillator. And to tell you the truth I'm scared to execise.
    I'm a mess. And thanks for listening.

djphinfan, Unlucky 13 and Sethdaddy8 like this.
  37. Sethdaddy8

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    Sorry for all you're going through Debbie

djphinfan likes this.
  38. dolphindebby

Nov 26, 2007
    GA
    I added to my quote. So you'd know I wasn't making up excuses.

Sethdaddy8 likes this.
  39. cuchulainn

cuchulainn Táin Bó Cúailnge Club Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Hattiesburg, MS
    If you get tired of tuna, or like me - don't like the taste of it even with mayo, try sardines or anchovies. They are cheap, ready to eat, packed with protein, and carb free. You can get them for around $.80 to .90 a can and get them in olive oil, smoked, with peppers, or tomato or mustard sauce. Clams as well. I can get a week's supply for $5 and use these as either snacks or meal replacements on busy days... boiled eggs either by themselves or deviled are always great as well and easy to transport and keep handy.

I do yoga stretches and pushups almost every morning. I credit yoga with fixing my lower back.

SICK likes this.
  40. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    Day 2:

Woke up, had a vanilla protein shake with fresh mango.

Have had 2 cups of black coffee

About to eat a peanutbutter sandwich for meal 2.

Lunch is Tuna/yellow mustard/cayenne/lemon with crackers

Around 3 will be protein shake

5:30 will be protein bar or salad (Italian restaurant is bringing lunch)

Dinner will be Chicken breast and some sort of veggie.

Water all day. Yoga and core work tonight before dinner.

Dinner last night was awesome:

Thin boneless pork chops, cover in dijon mustard (5 cals per tbs) dredge in whole wheat panko/thyme/parsley/cayenne/pepper/sea salt......brown on one side in 2 tbs olive oil, the bake on cooling rack at 450 for about 8-10 mins depending on thickness. Lay on top a bed of brown rice with a side of mixed veggies.

It was fantastic and protein/healthy packed.