1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Baldy Dinger boldly predicts Ryan Tannehill to the probowl and Lazor is a "Star"

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by djphinfan, May 14, 2014.

1. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Bald dingy on NFL network...

Cited that Lazor is the breath of fresh air that this Qb needs, said he spent a lot of time around Lazor and he's very sharp.." He's gonna be a star"

Ryan Tannehill is going to the probowl"

What's your bold prediction.?

toto, Sceeto, Bpk and 12 others like this.
  2. dolfan40

dolfan40 Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2013
    Germany
    Passing: 4400yards 62%completion Td/Int 36/12 ...

Rushing:500Yards 6Touchdowns..

He will explode this year under Lazor

3. Starry31

Starry31 Phins and Heels.

Dec 8, 2009
    North Carolina
    Was watching that live and pretty exciting seeing Ryan getting some love. AFC has a lot of popular and talented QB so Pro Bowl doesn't matter too much with me, just have a good year and get them in the playoffs.

dolphindebby, Bpk, The Rev and 5 others like this.
  4. Galant

Galant Love - Unity - Sacrifice - Eternity

Apr 22, 2014
    I have often wondered whether the prior familiarity with Sherman's playbook hurt Tannehill more than helping him. It may be the case that it helped with ease of transition, especially for a team in progress, I doubt it's possible to ever know. However, that aside, the familiarity will have meant that Tannehill didn't see the stretching and growth that would (should?) have occurred if everything was new. It's through our challenges that we grow, so I'm excited to see Tannehill with an unfamiliar face and a bit more of a challenge, to teach him, stretch and help him grow.

jedburg likes this.
  5. bran

bran Senior Member

Dec 20, 2007
    New Hampshire
    tannehill made a big jump from his first year to his second year, so i expect the same from his second to his third year. with a new oline and everything i have heard and read about lazor, im expecting a monster year from 17.

HULKFish likes this.
  6. EverFin

EverFin Active Member

Apr 23, 2014
    Zurich, Switzerland
    I don't know why Tannehill often struggled to hit a free Wallace deep . I'm not sure how this problem can be fixed. Beside of this I believe that Tannehill will benefit from better protection with the new O-Linemen and Moreno. The addition of Landry should give him an very reliable extra option - something he missed badly last year because of the injuries of Gibson and Keller. If Lazor trusts his new QB and opens the play calling just a little bit I expect Tannehill having a great season.

7. Brasfin

Brasfin Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2013
    Brazil
    Sceeto, Unlucky 13, DOLPHAN1 and 4 others like this.
  8. 77FinFan

77FinFan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Mar 10, 2013
    Buckeye Land
    I hope he's right. First game of the season will only be his 53rd start.

Mel and Todd like him too and said we had the best draft w/in the division.

9. Brasfin

Apr 27, 2013
    Brazil
    A lot of the more credible guys in the media like Tannehill... Trent Dilfer and Kurt Warner have both said great things about him as well.

10. Silverphin

Silverphin Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2007
    In the league?

11. Brasfin

Apr 27, 2013
    Brazil
    College and NFL combined

Silverphin and Unlucky 13 like this.
  12. 13Machine8385

13Machine8385 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Mar 2, 2014
    I'm really looking forward to what Lazor might bring to this offense. In spite of how disappointed I was about the first round of the draft, I think Lazor is the x factor in turning this thing around.

Tanny has shown flashes. I really think he's our guy. I hope Lazor gets him moving around more on roll outs and works with him on climbing the pocket. I hope that he give him some outlets to get rid of the ball quickly if needed. Sherman didn't do that. That offense was sloooooooooow.

As for Wallace. Seems like Tanny threw the ball too late most of the time. They just need to get that timing down. The difference between Wallace running deep and the other guys has to be a huge difference. He's gotta get rid of it earlier with Wallace.

I think Tanny has his best season. I think Wallace will have his best season also and I think the influence of Lazor will take them both to new levels. Landry should get anough playing time to be in the mix for offensive ROY. Not sure he wins but if Tannehill has the type of season that I think he can, Landry should be a decent part of it.

The Lazor factor adds a huge element of excitment to this upcoming season.

GMJohnson, DPlus47 and djphinfan like this.
  13. Killer Bees

Killer Bees Bringin' the Ruckus

Aug 14, 2011
    Goes back to our OL problem that you didn't want to address in the first round. You saw RT playing scared last season even when the pressure wasn't there yet. He was seeing ghosts, and I believe that affected his timing with Wallace. We needed an impact right tackle and I think it was the right decision taking one early.

EverFin and MrClean like this.
  14. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    Just get us to the playoffs baby. And win a friggin game once you get there!!

15. 13Machine8385

Mar 2, 2014
    Throwing too late was not the OL fault. Damn it, this debate is following me on every thread I go to. Even when I'm writing about hope and cartoon birdies and rainbows, someone has to mention the RT in round 1 thing.

I'm really trying to move on. Stop bringing it all back. I'm re-living that moment all over again..With the 19th pick of the 2014 NFL draft, the Miami Dolphins select.................waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhttt??? No Cooks? No trade?

So yeah....those late throws were more on RT.

16. 13Machine8385

Mar 2, 2014
    I better specify....the last RT was Tannehill. Glad I caught that before someone else did.

17. VanDolPhan

VanDolPhan Club member Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Hamilton, Ontario Canada
    His average time to throw was in the top 10 unfortunately though so was his time to being sacked, including the second most sacked under 2.5 seconds.

Killer Bees likes this.
  18. Killer Bees

Killer Bees Bringin' the Ruckus

Aug 14, 2011
    Yeah sometimes RT would be late on some of his throws, all the blame isn't on the OL but a majority of the time it was. I don't get how you couldnt see that watching the games.

gunn34 likes this.
  19. vt_dolfan

vt_dolfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

My prediction for Ryan Tannehill?

I believe at the end of the season, we will all KNOW finally, he is our franchise QB, and will have a long and rewarding career in Miami.

I do believe we need to be careful though. Because of Nick Fowles numbers last year in Chip Kelly's offense, and how much Bill Lazor had a hand in developing Fowles, I think there may be a exuberance to think Ryan will put up some really gaudy numbers. Instead of focusing on numbers, Im gonna focus on feeling. Remember when Marino would lead a team downfield and we never had to worry about chewing the ends of our fingers off? Thats the kind of confidence in running an offense Id like to see from Ryan. I had that confidence in HIM last year, I just had 0 confidence in our line in protecting him

Honestly...last season was such a rare season, in that one...we had historically bad offensive line play, coupled with a historically bad locker room scandal. He had a hard time getting on page with Wallace, and lost his key receivers to injury at the end of the season. One thing I never saw him do was panic...or criticize. Honest, he looked no worse for the wear remarkably.

Tin Indian and Bpk like this.
  20. vt_dolfan

But you have nothing other then an opinion to back that up. There has been plenty of statistical evidence that contradicts what you say.

21. 13Machine8385

Mar 2, 2014
    Yes the OL sucked last year. Instead of stating the obvious over and over I was simply pointing out that there were times when Tanny threw too late. When he did, that was not the OL fault.

22. 13Machine8385

Mar 2, 2014
    I'm just recalling what I saw. WHat statistic contradicts he threw late? He was flat out off target a few times too and that wasn't the OL. ANd yes, there were plenty of times when it was the OL that screwed up the timing. But we already knew that.

This thread was about predicitons for Tannehill's success. That is one thing he needs to work on among other things such as escaping danger and stepping up in the pocket. A QB with his athleticism shouldn't have gotten sacked that many times, regardless of the OL play. I really think Lazor helps him to play to his strengths much more than Sherman did.

23. Brasfin

Apr 27, 2013
    Brazil
    [video=youtube;QmA2isFb6uc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmA2isFb6uc[/video]

This is about 4th or 5th time I've watched this video, and I still get pumped up thinking about how good we have the potential to be with our improved OL and coach, Moreno and most importantly, Bill Lazor.

24. VManis

VManis Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 10, 2010
    The issue is whether the throws were late because Tannehill hesitated or due to the play design. CK has illustrated numerous times how the design of the plays were often flawed so that even if Tannehill executed them perfectly it was nearly impossible to make an on time delivery due to Wallace's speed.

ElNino, rafael, DOLPHAN1 and 2 others like this.
  25. xphinfanx

xphinfanx Stay strong my friends.

Nov 1, 2009
    I was just going to post this. Here's a link to the vid if anyone would like to see it.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-netwo...0350165/Quarterback-bold-predictions-for-2014

26. vt_dolfan

But you made it sound like late throws were a common problem for Tannehill. Every QB will be late at times..some of Ryans sacks were more of a result of him forcing himself to stay in the pocket to.long..imo

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

27. 13Machine8385

Mar 2, 2014
    Makes sense. I'm looking forward to Lazor's scheme. Should be much improved.

28. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    Ive always been a big believer in Ryan Tannehill. To me the only things that prevent him from being elite are experience and a few mechanical cleanups mainly opening his hips too much which messes up his deep ball accuracy. Really though theres not a throw on the field I think he lacks the ability to make. Getting in to an offense where the OC has half a freakin brain will help him tremendously and I think it'll help the offense in general. I dont particularly love our skill players and to be honest i think that may hold him back a bit.

2014 predictions:
    63% completions
    4100 yards
    30TD
    10INT
    400 yards rushing
    4 rushing td

ToddPhin likes this.
  29. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    helooooooo!!!

500 yards rushing, a man can dream.

finyank13 likes this.
  30. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    shermans NFL version of his playbook relative to Ryan Tannehills skillset was one of the most bizarre, confusing, stupid versions I've seen someone calling themselves a pro implement.

31. Finrunner

Finrunner Season Ticket Holder

Dec 11, 2007
    ..or three.

I mean... while we're there... we may as well... you know... keep winning...

SICK and Rocky Raccoon like this.
  32. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

If the season had ended with the Patriots game, we'd be creaming ourselves at the idea. I'm hopeful because he slapped together multiple good games last season.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk

33. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    there might be some real truth to this, it just didn't seem like the game has slowed down, understandably so.

34. 77FinFan

Mar 10, 2013
    Buckeye Land
    I'm not sure I understand, but Mel and Todd graded our draft as better than the Pats, Jets and Bills.

35. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

Obviously you didn't see the 58 sacks and too-many-to-count knockdowns that affected his ability to throw deep...yes, he missed some deep balls, but let's face it, the going pct on completion of those types of passes league-wide, it's less than 40 percent... The only thing we have to hope for is that he hasn't be 'Carr-ed' and is now jumpy in the pocket...

36. 77FinFan

Mar 10, 2013
    Buckeye Land
    Man, makes me look forward to Gibson being back. And healthy.

MikeHoncho likes this.
  37. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    I wouldn't say I've been his biggest believer, but I remember seeing how much talent he had the moment he walked on to the practice field, it was truly evident, and I stated then, that there was no Qb competition with the scam that is David Garrard, and Moore simply was overmatched from a talent perspective, however, he hasn't been able to implement a very important part of the game to his repertoire, and that is the conscious decision to know when to escape and run for a first down, for him to reach his full potential he's got to get it, but it's been two years and we haven't seen it happen naturally, instinctively.

ToddPhin and gunn34 like this.
  38. vt_dolfan

Actually...DJ...read this article:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer...-tannehill-coming-into-his-own-in-crunch-time

"To get an idea as to why, I went back and studied a bunch of his games, some early in the season as well as he last three. What I saw was a quarterback who has ditched some bad habits -- patting the ball for one -- and has taken on a calmness in the pocket.

It helps that the offensive line is playing better, but Tannehill seems so much more sure of himself as he sits in the pocket and makes his reads. He always had the big arm. But now he waits to use it rather than just firing at the first moving target. The patience is his biggest plus now. In the past, he lacked it.

That's how you can tell the game is slowing down. He sees it better. But he's also using his eyes to influence defenders, which he didn't do much of as a rookie and struggled with some early this season.

The ball comes out better now, too. He has a better comfort with sliding away from pressure, re-setting his feet, and then using that arm to make the throws. In the past, his mechanics were flawed and he tried to make some throws with out the subtle slide that all great quarterbacks need in the pocket. I will show a play here, just a 9-yard completion, which will show what I mean about his improvement in that category.

Tannehill is also letting it go more. Early this season, he seemed to wait on too many throws. You can't throw to wide-open receivers all the time in the NFL. That's not reality. So he's doing a better job of anticipating guys coming open, and making throws to them when they are not, which good quarterbacks have to do.

The passing windows open and shut so quickly in the NFL, which is why throwing only to open receivers is a curse for a lot of young quarterbacks. Tannehill is now throwing guys open, which means throwing into covered receivers, tight windows, for big plays.

The transformation I see on tape is a player who now believes in what he's doing. The difference from early this season to now is amazing."

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer...-tannehill-coming-into-his-own-in-crunch-time

Yes...the last games of the season were junk...the whole team imploded. I think alot of that had to do with Tannehill loosing Hartline, and the line regressing again, and Tannehill played poorly.

djphinfan likes this.
  39. vt_dolfan

I think youve got to big a hard on for scrambling QB's...lol...

40. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    You know, Brett Favre once got in trouble for sending a news girl pics of his Baldinger.