1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ja-Wuan James - Features and Highlights Thread

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Galant, May 12, 2014.

1. Galant

Galant Love - Unity - Sacrifice - Eternity

Apr 22, 2014
  2. invid

invid Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Both CK and McShay have raved about his blocking against Dee Ford of Auburn. If anyone knows where I can find that, please share and thanks ahead of time.

3. Galant

Apr 22, 2014

Auburn at UT
    - General Highlights - see 0:41, 3:00, 4:50 (5:10)

Tiny clip here at 1:37

4. Galant

Apr 22, 2014
    Clowney vs Tennessee - Clowney starts lining up on the left from 11:40 onwards.

Direct match-ups, James vs Clowney = 11:40, 12:19, 12:38 (and then Clowney heads back to the right after that).

Sceeto, SICK, Larry Little and 5 others like this.
  5. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

James is just a big ol' soft spoken country boy. Can't help but like this kid and pull for him, no matter where he may have gone. (Other than Buffalo, New York, or New England of course. ;) )
    Here are some scouts comments from before the draft, just in case not everyone got to see them
    [video=youtube;krwIQvTq0tY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krwIQvTq0tY[/video]

Sceeto, SICK, Larry Little and 2 others like this.
  6. 77FinFan

77FinFan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Mar 10, 2013
    Buckeye Land
    Yeah, he's just class all the way. Really easy to pull for a guy like him.

MikeHoncho likes this.
  7. MrClean

I'd also say he has an air of quiet confidence about him.

RevRick likes this.
  8. VManis

VManis Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 10, 2010
    He seems to have that upbeat personality that people just want to be around.

9. RevRick

RevRick Long Haired Leaping Gnome Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Thomasville, GA
    Seems to me that was one of the traits that the team looked for in this draft, as well as leadership and class. I am always somewhat up beat following drafts - and I have seen a lot of them. But this draft spoke a lot to building the 'infrastructure' for the team, and building up the caliber of player on the field. I saw a lot of people whine, moan, and cuss about not drafting 'money' players, or play makers in the early rounds. That type of drafting is often appropriate IF, and I mean IF the players with the right attributes are in place on the offensive line - particularly on the offensive line. That is why last year was such an utter calamity - because if the line play had been even mediocre, the playmakers already in place would have been enough to get the team into the playoffs. I don't feel they would have progressed very far, but they very easily could have made it were the offensive line play to be just, as Momma used to say, a smidgeon better. The additions of two building blocks the offensive line through the draft and the addition of a very good left tackle in free agency portend a better caliber of play there - which will, if nature follows its course - lead to both better running and passing games. All other things being equal, including the rate of improvement of the separate units on the opposing team's units, an improvement of the offensive line play from ghastly to even average should lead to a better season than last when all is tolled. And, don't forget that there will likely be some cap casualties who could come in and play with little needed in the way of quality preparation, just getting acquainted with the play book, which could lead to better offensive line play as well.

MrClean likes this.
  10. MrClean

11. Sceeto

Sceeto Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    New York
    Good stuff! Thanks dudes!