1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Damien Williams a Dolphin

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by dolfan40, May 11, 2014.

1. dolfan40

dolfan40 Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2013
    Germany
    The Miami Dolphins have begun filling out its 90 player training camp roster by signing more than a dozen undrafted rookie free agents, and one of them happens to be former Oklahoma standout Damien Williams.Williams, who is 5-foot-11, 222 pounds, is a former NJCAA All-American who led the Sooners in rushing in 2012 when he gained 946 rushing yards and scored 11 touchdowns that season, despite splitting carries.In 2013 Williams was limited by an ankle injury, but gained 553 rushing yards and scored seven touchdowns in the nine games he played. He averaged 4.9 yards per carry and caught nine passes for 90 yards.However, Williams was dismissed from the team in November for reasons that weren't disclosed. His troublesome past tanked his draft stock, but made him a priority free agent.Williams, who runs a 4.46 40-time, is a quick-footed athlete who has a knack for sidestepping tackles. He also possesses good hands and a sensational balance according to Nolan Nawrocki's scouting report.

SICK, xphinfanx and Sceeto like this.
  2. Da 'Fins

Da 'Fins Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

Dec 19, 2007
    Birmingham, AL
    Though he has good size, not a lot of power. But, his open field running is very shifty and has a decent burst. I think he could get a shot at KR and could be pretty good at it - he's got good vision in the open field and seems to be able to shift laterally pretty quickly while maintaining his straight ahead speed. That would translate well to being on the KR team.

Will be interesting to see if he can compete with Miller.

Wish we had landed someone to take Thomas place. He occasionally gets a good run but I just think he's a player we don't really want on the field much. Maybe with Moreno and the others Thomas won't become an option this year.

3. jw3102

jw3102 season ticket holder

Sep 4, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii
    This might be a good signing, but it makes you wonder when a player is kicked off a football factory like the Sooners. Whatever his problems were, I hope he has learned from his mistakes.

4. jw3102

jw3102 season ticket holder

Sep 4, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii
    I figured they signed Moreno because they have learned they can't rely on Thomas. I will be totally surprised if Thomas is still on the roster once the regular season begins. The only way I see this happening is if the Dolphins have a rash of injuries to RB's during the preseason.

Da 'Fins likes this.
  5. 54Fins

54Fins "In Gase we trust"

Nov 29, 2007
    over there
    Hope he does well and can supplant Thomas at the least.

6. 77FinFan

77FinFan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Mar 10, 2013
    Buckeye Land
    Someone please replace Thiggy.

SICK and Da 'Fins like this.
  7. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

So we have Damian Williams and Damien Williams. One a WR and one a RB. Won't that be fun for people trying to keep it straight, which is which.

8. NolePhin15

NolePhin15 Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Jupiter
    220+ lbs and runs a 4.46? Yes please.

9. Alex13

Alex13 Tua Time !!! Club Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Berlin,Germany
    i watched some highlights from him and i just donĀ“t see that speed on the field, he looks slower to me

10. Pennington's Limp Arm

Pennington's Limp Arm Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2014
    Ontario, Canada
    Wish we had of done more with the Running back position.
    This seems like desperation given the clash between Williams current situation, and our team goal of obtaining straight edge dedicated professionals.

Guess someone in the org. still has a lot more faith in Lamar long term than I do.

11. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    Dick Stockton is already losing sleep over this.

finsincebirth likes this.