1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Love Your Landry Pick!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by LSU1978, May 11, 2014.

1. LSU1978

LSU1978 New Member

May 11, 2014
    Oak Grove, Louisiana
    Always kinda pulled for the dolphins, then ya'll drafted one of my favorite college players so I had to come over and take a peek! 35 years old, worked on an ambulance for 10 years... Served 4 years in the Army, 15 months deployed in Iraq... Avid Fantasy player and wanna be self guru... LSU and Saints fan but with your pick of my favorite LSU player I suppose Dolphin fan! Landry is going to be a beast for ya'll and as long as the Phins treat him well I will be a fan ;) Ya'll just dont know what ya'll really got but soon as game time comes you will see...

Posted this in another thread:

LSU Fan here as if it wasn't obvious by my board name... Glad to see ya'll are welcoming Jarvis! I read the other day 2 thread and saw a few nay sayr's which is to be expected... I mean Jarvis did run a 4.7 at the combine, but the part most don't see is he pulled his hammy during the combine and even Michael Irvin was trying to get him to stop participating... Finally someone had to make him stop... That's the kind of young man ya'll are getting, you can't teach heart or want to! That's something you have or you don't... I read alot about Beckham in the other thread... I have watched all of LSU's game for as long as I can remember. Beckham is a fine young man as well as electric and always a threat... I love both and going to the giants forums after this to see how they are receiving him as well... Both are great any team lucky to have them, but if I could only have one Landry would be on my team... IMHO he allowed ya'll to steal him in 2nd by running on that bum hammy at the combine... The awesome talent coupled with drive, motor, want to, lay's it all out there for his team... All that and you kept your first round pick! Totally unselfish player which is rare in today's me Me ME!!! world... Only have to look over to Wallace to see that... I understand all the apprehension though. Heck I am the same way! I watched all the tapes on Cooks, but I just can't seem to get over his 5'9" height... Personally I would trade him to ya'll for Landry LoL! There are always going to be some out there who just don't see it or get it... I myself am one from time to time... Alah Cooks, but I also know I know diddly about Oregon State so I hope I am pleasantly surprised by him this year... I promise by season's end all of ya will love this man and be cheering for him! I like Tannehill, think he is coming along quite well for ya'll... Hell of an arm on the guy, although accuracy can be a problem from time to time... Same with Mettenberger... They are almost clone qb's except for Tannehill's excellent mobility... Landry's hands and range to pull a ball in from anywhere and how is able to get open almost sneaky like, with Tannehill's ability to extend plays, Jarvis will make him a better qb... I'll bet by next season's end, Jarvis will have done more for ya'll than Odell has done for the Giant's... I think I may even start to become a Phins fan, pulling for Landry and I absolutely hate the Patriots... Ughh! Oh! Which makes me think... Of all the apprehensive one's, can anyone name any Pat's receivers in recent memory of any repute much less being a burner outside of Welker who isn't a burner but has heart, intensity, fearless in traffic, and hands? Sound like someone else I know? HaHa... Well I'll quit whacking this dead horse... Ready to watch some games! Will be pulling for the Phins unless they are playing the Saints!

brandon27, Boik14, RGF and 8 others like this.
  2. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Twuaddle or bust Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    welcome. and glad to hear your confirmation of what many of us were suspecting.

3. Larry Little

Larry Little Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Nashville, TN
    Appreciate the insight, LSU. I liked the Landry pick when we made it, but, the way you Tiger fans are raving about him, you've made me pumped up to see him in action. I'm ready to buy his jersey right now!

4. 305

305 Brawndo Club Member

Dec 7, 2007
    Get off my lawn.
    Love a good dead horse whacking

5. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    A few things:
    1) Thank you for serving, you'll be getting one of those cool army badges once one of the board administrators gets to it.
    2) Secondly, I couldnt agree more on Cooks. Im not a fan of smurf wr's especially for a WR corps that needs toughness.
    3) Lastly, I wasnt really sure about the Landry pick. He wasnt someone I had really pegged even though I agree he has great character. Watching him more in game situations, I agree hes a Hines Ward type grinder, chain mover, smash mouth type receiver....as much as a WR can be smash mouth anyway. I was heartbroken when the Iggles leaped us for Jordan Matthews who is my favorite WR in this draft; this is a heck of a good consolation prize.