1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UK fan - Travel to Miami

Discussion in 'The Phins Connection - Tailgating & More' started by UKPHIN2014, Apr 30, 2014.

1. UKPHIN2014

UKPHIN2014 New Member

Apr 30, 2014
    Hey guys,

Not sure if you can help, I have supported the Miami Dolphins for a number of years now and have already watched them once (at Wembley in 2007) and I am once again going to Wembley to support them this October. I am traveling over to Orlando Florida (Disney) in November and was wondering how easy it would be for me to travel to the Chargers game? We don't usually hire a car so not sure if this is even possible but I would love to get to a Miami home game/

Thanks for any help at all.

2. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Take Florida's Turnpike south to Miami. It turns west and heads south directly in front of the stadium.

Also, bring sun-screen.

3. Not So Fast

Not So Fast Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2012
    Lake Worth, FL
    Yeah, it's very simple. It's a 4 hour drive though, so make sure you account for that.

4. UKPHIN2014

UKPHIN2014 New Member

Apr 30, 2014
    Thank you for the reply, so the only way is to hire a car and drive? There is no public transport, sorry I'm not sure how it works in USA but most stadiums (soccer/football) have public transport to get there.

5. Not So Fast

Not So Fast Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2012
    Lake Worth, FL
    Well there are buses that you can go on. But I don't know of any that go directly to the stadium. Public transportation in Florida is very poor in general, so a car is almost always the best option. Orlando is nice though. Lots of shuttles and buses go directly to the parks.

6. Unlucky 13

Unlucky 13 Team Raheem Club Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    Unless things have changed since my visit in 2007, there is no real public transport to the games. I was disapointed too, since thats how I like to get around in cities when I travel. Driving was pretty easy though, until I tried to get to the airport Monday morning in a driving storm.

7. cdz12250

cdz12250 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Coconut Grove
    There are two Amtrak trains. One leaves Orlando at 10:30 AM and gets you to West Palm Beach at 4:15 PM. The other leaves Orlando at 1:10 PM and gets to West Palm Beach at 4:55 PM. From there, you could take the Tri Rail to the Golden Glades station and tranfer to a Dolphins shuttle bus. This is all theoretical, because the times don't work and even for a night game there's no trains back until the next day. Rent a car. You could also fly into Miami and take the Tri-Rail from the airport. Expensive. Cheaper to rent a car and drive from Orlando.

8. UKPHIN2014

UKPHIN2014 New Member

Apr 30, 2014
    Thanks for the help guys, looks like I'll have to hire a car to make it to the game. If any of you are coming over for the Wembley game and need any advice I'll try and re-pay the favour.

9. Theheff5

Theheff5 New Member

Jul 14, 2014
    Bump on this - I'm travelling from the UK for the Chiefs game - however i will be staying in Miami.

Me and my girlfriend want to get the full experience, so wanted to know what time we need to arrive to get a good dose of tailgating, and also where is the best bar/restaurant to go after the game to talk football and drink beer.

Any help would be much appreciated.