1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TE Seferian-Jenkins Meets With Dolphins

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Sceeto, Apr 22, 2014.

1. Sceeto

Sceeto Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    New York
    http://phinphanatic.com/2014/04/21/te-seferian-jenkins-meets-phins/

This is the TE I would love for them to draft. When he's on, he's the most like a Graham or Gronk. He has his down moments for sure, but when he's on, he can be real dangerous. I hope he can be coached up to play at a high level more consistently. If so, he can be a real threat. We probably won't be in a good slot to get him. I could see him going before we would get chance, but who knows? I would love for them to get him.

ToddPhin likes this.
  2. GMJohnson

GMJohnson New Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Can he block?

3. ToddPhin

ToddPhin Premium Member Luxury Box Club Member

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    yes

Sceeto likes this.
  4. 77FinFan

77FinFan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Mar 10, 2013
    Buckeye Land
    No combine or workout numbers?

5. Sceeto

Sceeto Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    New York
    He had a broken foot.

6. Conuficus

Conuficus Premium Member Luxury Box

Dec 8, 2007
    Well away from here
    He should have cut it off and competed in the combine on the nub. No toughness in these kids nowadays. Ronnie Lott cut off his finger to play a game the next week rather than miss like 3 weeks.

Wimps. :shifty:

7. Ludacris

Ludacris Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jan 8, 2008
    He was playing with a stress fracture in his foot last season. It was noticed at the combine and has been operated on since. He should be fine by now I think.

He put on weight to play at 280lbs for 2013 due to a change in offense but I think he's back down to 262 now. If you draft him you hope you are getting the 2012 version of him.

I wouldn't be surprised if teams are just working him out to test his foot but I wouldn't be surprised if teams have real interest as well.

Crosswarriors12 and Sceeto like this.
  8. GMJohnson

GMJohnson New Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Is he that much better than Sims?

9. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

Considering what Sims has done so far, that shouldn't be that difficult.

10. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Do we only draft players whom are injured? Is that our thing now?

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 4

Deerless Dice and bigbry like this.
  11. GMJohnson

GMJohnson New Member

Jan 27, 2010
    I think you're mistaken. What Sims has done so far fits a pattern this staff has established, one of preferring to bring rookies along slowly. Bringing me back to my question, is this shiny new TE gonna be any different/better?

12. ToddPhin

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    Better blocking potential and much better in the pass game. Significant overall difference between he and Sims IMO.

Personally I'd rather go with one of my draft crushes, Troy Niklas, who is like having an extra tackle on the field while also offering Tannehill a great target, but Seferian-Jenkins is close on his heels. If you wanna improve the ground game, then draft Niklas. He takes it to defensive ends, can combo block like a bull in a China shop, the whole shebang. With the ground game being aided, he can stay in and pass protect like an extra right tackle on play-action to provide Tannehill time to hit Wallace deep, which we obviously need.... I mean- if we're paying Wallace gobs of money, we need to ensure we maximize his greatest asset. Plus, if Lazor wants to get guys out in space, hopefully one of these new playmakers Hickey is looking at, then Niklas is the guy you want out in front paving the way. Ditto on sweeps, end around, screens, etc. You wanna establish a moving pocket at times for Tannehill like we've hoped for? Niklas is the guy you want peeling out in front of Tanny since he is like an extra tackle, and if there's no where to go with the ball, Niklas can quickly turn from pass protector to run blocker and let Tanny make something with his feet, which we'd like to see more of. This doesn't even touch his redzone presence or the massive safety net for Tannehill over the middle.

If we're to be spreading it out and utilizing more frequent 3-WR formations, then I'd put Niklas and his balancing hulking inline presence [but who is not limited to just Y] near the top of our list. In fact I'd skip prioritizing Oline in the 1st & 2nd and instead go with Beckham or Cooks in the 1st and then grab Niklas in the 2nd b/c we'd be getting that extra boost in run & pass blocking from Niklas. Then grab a RT after that or trade our 3rd up for JaWuan James. Beckham/Cooks and Niklas would open all sorts of doors for Lazor and this offense, and these are doors that need to be open.

Here, I should just shut up and let you drool away.

[video=youtube;A62AKY8Yjpc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=A62AKY8Yjpc[/video]

CashInFist, GMJohnson, Sceeto and 2 others like this.
  13. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    I didn't know we were on that same of a page.

ToddPhin likes this.
  14. ToddPhin

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    I had to keep quiet about Niklas b/c I wanted him in the GM League, but now that he's been drafted, I can finally talk more about him and other 1st & 2nd rounders now.

RickyBobby likes this.
  15. 77FinFan

Mar 10, 2013
    Buckeye Land
    6'6" w/ over 34" arms. Talk about your red zone target. :yes:

ToddPhin likes this.
  16. bigbry

bigbry Huge Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Colorado
    Partially true.

Generally we trade UP for that injured player.

CashInFist and MikeHoncho like this.
  17. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Twuaddle or bust Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    I'd be on board with Niklas. Definitely moreso than a WR. I'd much rather have the big huge TE that can dominate over the middle and the redzone than any speedy underneath WR we could get at 19. Wallace-Hartline-Clay-Niklas. that's a good foursome that complements each other.

ToddPhin likes this.
  18. GMJohnson

GMJohnson New Member

Jan 27, 2010
    I don't see a big gap between Sims and Niklas, or Jenkins. I see a huge gap between the OTs we could get in the first/second vs who we have now, which is nobody.

19. GMJohnson

GMJohnson New Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Most people would have been OK trading up for Lane Johnson. Most people feel like the OL basically ruined the season last year. Most people would be disappointed with taking an OL at 19 this year. It doesn't add up IMO.

brandon27 likes this.
  20. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    I've been a big fan of Troy Niklas for a long time.

But I wouldn't blame Miami for targeting C.J. Fiedorowicz over Niklas for schematic reasons. As good a blocker as Niklas is, Fiedorowicz is better and he's trained to block in a scheme just like Miami's. He's got a little more agility than Niklas, better hands, and he's technique savvy when it comes to some of the trickier things you can ask a tight end to do like block and release.

I have Niklas over Fiedorowicz because of upside and because I love that run after catch ability Niklas has...but I'd be just as happy with Fiedorowicz for this coaching staff.

21. 77FinFan

Mar 10, 2013
    Buckeye Land
    In the 2nd round?

22. LBsFinest

LBsFinest Banned

Jul 24, 2012
    you make a good point, though it might be that new GM = renewed faith in the ability to find good lineman outside of the 1st round.

23. Ohio Fanatic

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    Worse case scenario, Niklas gets picked by New England at end of the first.

24. 77FinFan

Mar 10, 2013
    Buckeye Land
    That would suck.

25. Ohio Fanatic

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    I think it would make sense for them. Niklas could minimally be a good replacement for Gronk when he inevitably gets hurt again, or when Gronk is actually playing, it gives them an unstoppable duo that might be better than the Gronk/Hernandez duo, or at least as good.

26. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    Well I'm willing to draft the guy (Niklas)with my 2nd pick, so who else willing to go there.

There was a goal mentioned by this head coach, that one of the offseason priorities is to rebuild the running game.

He could play a major role in that, yet has the talent to not give away the play just by being on the field..

27. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

Considering Sims was a rookie, should we assume that is the best he has to offer?

Killer B's and Sceeto like this.
  28. Ludacris

Ludacris Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jan 8, 2008
    http://gnb.scout.com/2/1397542.html

So he just ran a blistering 4.56 does he go in the end of the first round now?

29. RickyBobby

RickyBobby VIP DIY

Sep 22, 2009
    Palm beach
    Are they that much better than Bryant McKinnie? That's the question, IMO

30. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
  31. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    With New England there... you never know.

Personally, I'd take this kid.

Sceeto likes this.
  32. Disgustipate

Disgustipate Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    I'd very much hope so. Worse than Bryant McKinnie last year would basically at best be a rookie totally unprepared to play and at worst a bust.

33. Sceeto

Sceeto Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    New York
    I really like Niklas as well bro. He certainly would help the running game with his blocking abilities. I love his attitude, He makes great blocks down field. He looks for someone to smash. He's also a decent receiver, but needs some more development. I think S-J is also big enough to block, but, at this point, has better receiving skills. I really like those TEs who have some B-ball in their past. Niklas might as well. Don't know. I'm pretty sure NE is going to get one of the TEs before we have the chance. SJ would be my first choice, but I certainly would be very happy to have Niklas. I just hope we get one of them.

77FinFan likes this.
  34. ToddPhin

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    It'd also be an intriguing idea to draft Benjamin and then, rather than worrying about keeping him in the 235-240 range, don't place any size restrictions on him and turn him into a TE b/c he definitely plays with a nastiness we'd want from the position.

Sceeto likes this.