1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Network Orders Drama '12 Monkeys' to Series

Discussion in 'TV, Music and Movies' started by NaboCane, Apr 4, 2014.

1. NaboCane

NaboCane Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    Colorado Dolfan likes this.
  2. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Fighter of the Nightman

May 9, 2008
    Does Syfy (god I hate that spelling...) make anything else good? I know their shark vs. giant anaconda vs. squirrel-thing B movies are usually as trash as it gets. Like the concept of 12 monkeys but I question if they can pull it off.

NaboCane likes this.
  3. NaboCane

NaboCane Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    'Helix' (by the 'BSG' team) started slow but got going like gangbusters after about 5 episodes. I'm actually looking forward to next season (2015).

The head honcho is making all the right noises about moving back to their core audience with more space operas and core scifi-centric programs. We'll see.

Wanna impress me? Commission three-season continuation runs of 'Fringe' and 'Eureka', and a three-season reboot of 'Firefly'. And un-cancel 'Warehouse 13'. That'll turn me on. Make a real commitment.

4. Claymore95

Claymore95 Working on it... Club Member

Sep 8, 2012
    Peebles, Scotland
    Good movie, but I'm finding it hard to imagine SyFy are going to be able to make a decent series out of the storyline. Wasn't a fan of Helix either, kept watching it but I felt the story and the acting was all over the place, too much seemed to be making it up as they went along.

I agree about SyFy though, they need to get back to their core audience and ditch wrestling and reality programs.

5. DrAstroZoom

DrAstroZoom Canary in a Coal Mine Luxury Box

Jan 8, 2008
    Springfield, Ill.
    The larger story here is SyFy's leadership has changed hands, and they're moving back toward their sci-fi roots.

NaboCane likes this.
  6. NaboCane

NaboCane Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    At least that's what it seems, and that's better than what they've been the last few years. It's hard to get excited about anything involving corporate America, though, where the cult of shareholder value overrides all good sense and any proper, logical direction.

7. Unlucky 13

Unlucky 13 Team Raheem Club Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    12 Monkeys was great, but I agree that I can't picture how it converts into a series.

8. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    I'll never forgive them for canceling Eureka.

Poor Sheriff Carter has nothing left but being the new Maytag Man:

[​IMG]

He deserves better.....

9. VanDolPhan

VanDolPhan Club member Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Hamilton, Ontario Canada
    Actually what happened was Comcast came in when they took ownership and basically deemed SyFy to not be making enough money and ordered the stop of their more expensive shows such as Eureka. The execs there have been fighting a long battle to get them to change their minds. That first test was Defiance. That first season cost $40 million for the TV Series alone (perspective....Game of Thrones first season was $60 million).

Whether the ratings come back with more expensive Sci-Fi shows or not remains to be seen, but kudo's to at least giving it a try.

10. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Fighter of the Nightman

May 9, 2008

Fringe... The most underappreciated show in the last decade. Walter Bishop the most underappreciated character in the last decade. John Noble not winning an emmy is criminal. Love me some fringe.

NaboCane likes this.
  11. NaboCane

NaboCane Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    Syfy's '12 Monkeys' Adds 'Rookie Blue' Vet, 'Originals' Alum and Two Others

http://tvline.com/2014/08/06/syfy-12-monkeys-cast-lyriq-bent-todd-stashwick/

They're stocking this up nicely.