1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

50/50 chance of Dolphins playing Lions on Turkey Day

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Ronnie Bass, Mar 25, 2014.

1. Ronnie Bass

Ronnie Bass Luxury Box Luxury Box

Dec 19, 2007
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/sport...chedule-release-date-20140325,0,3257030.story

I would imagine they would want us being we have more of a national fanbase but I guess we'll just have to see how it plays out.

sports24/7 and Zippy like this.
  2. Pennington's Limp Arm

Pennington's Limp Arm Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2014
    Ontario, Canada
    I'm sure CBS believes we have more national appeal than the Bills.

Ill be at the Detroit game regardless... hope It's thanksgiving.

3. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    Im pretty torn on what to do here. My buddy has Lions season tickets. He's already told me my name is on one ticket for this game, turkey day or not.

After my last experience at Ford Field for a Lions/Bears game earlier this season, I'm not sure I ever want to go back. What I saw happen to opposing team fans that Sunday was disgusting. Sadly, it happens in every NFL stadium on Sundays. It's no wonder more and more people are staying home to watch from their own living rooms. As a football fan that Sunday, as I said, I was disgusted, I had no horse in the race so to speak, so it was what it was... however being a Miami fan and having to go there, I'm 100% positive I'd end up in a Detroit jail simply because I'd have to defend myself from some BS, from a bunch of drunks. Honestly, when they were garbage it was a joy to go there, it was pretty full usually, but they were civil... now that they sniffed a bit of success a few years ago, its like they've got this new found arrogance which is puzzling.

Maybe it's because it was a division rival game I was at, but I also heard another friend of mine say similar things at the Cowboys/Lions game later in the year.

As much as I'd love to see Miami again live, since its been since the last turkey day game for me when Harrington went back to Ford field and beat them, I just think I'd prefer to do it from my own living room, rather than subject myself to the mess that is downtown Detroit, in Dolphins gear. Sad but true.

Plus, at home, if it's turkey day, I'm going to cook another Turducken again... I think I'd prefer that over having beer thrown at me, being told to **** off every 5 minutes, or being called a dolphin ****er over and over. I mean... surely if the 60 year old man next to me wearing a Bears golf shirt, tucked into a pair of dockers could get yelled at and called a bear ****er simply for sitting in his seat and clapping and yelling "yeah!" after a Bears score... I'm sure I'd be subjected to more of the same. That was just the tip of the iceberg from that day too.

ASOT likes this.
  4. NolePhin15

NolePhin15 Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Jupiter
    Yes please! Makes the best day of the year that much better!!

ASOT likes this.
  5. Vertical Limit

Vertical Limit Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    I love it when we play on Thanksgiving. Hope we get it.

ASOT likes this.
  6. 77FinFan

77FinFan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Mar 10, 2013
    Buckeye Land
    This would be cool.

ASOT likes this.
  7. Deerless Dice

Deerless Dice Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Oct 30, 2013
    I feel like it's going to the Bills. Mainly for the storyline of Schwartz back versus his former team. Besides, the Dolphins got the Cowboys on Thanksgiving back in 2011, and chances are good it'll happen again next year.

8. Unlucky 13

Unlucky 13 Team Raheem Club Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    We're already having the schedule thrown off by having to play in London. Adding Thanksgiving would throw another curveball in there, and would we still have to play a Thursday Night game to boot? Thats a lot of short weeks.

9. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    Teams that play Thanksgiving games won't have another Thursday game.

I love to play on Thanksgiving but I feel the Bills should get their shot. Ever since the schedule format changed in 2002, it's been us over them every single time.

10. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    I'd rather not have them play on Thanksgiving... too much going on that day for me. Unless it's a morning game, the early game out here on the west coast. It would interfere with the usual festivities.

11. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    would be nice.