1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Travelle Wharton Wants To Play For The Dolphins

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Phoenician Fan, Mar 23, 2014.

1. Phoenician Fan

Phoenician Fan Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2013
  2. Finrunner

Finrunner Season Ticket Holder

Dec 11, 2007
    On this one, I tend to agree. Yeah, he's long in the tooth and hopefully this wouldn't be the year his body gives out, but if he plays like he did last year, you've plugged a hole for a year. Obviously, you can, and probably should, still address the position in the draft, but you'd actually have both this year's and next year's drafts to do so. Also, if Dallas Thomas or one of the other guys on the roster was to have improved enough to beat him out, he'd still be good depth for this year.

3. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

They'll probably hold out a bit longer on Wharton to find some younger blood...probably in the draft...jmo, but our OL already is better than it was last year and that's with a G and T missing... There is still some guys out in FA that might be decent talent for the right prices...

However, with the draft being later than normal, maybe they get a bit impatient...

4. ASOT

ASOT New Member

Mar 29, 2013
    Coral Gables, FL
    The two most interesting things in that article..... the unfortunate part, Loria has refused inquiries into selling the team. What a dream it would be to have Arison as Marlins owner.

But of Dolphins interest...."Incidentally, Don Shula said he has been given no indication if Ross’ five-person committee, armed with formulating a Dolphins locker-room code of conduct, will ever meet by phone or in person. “It got so blown out of proportion,” Shula, one of those committee members, said about BullyGate".

In other words that whole "committee" thing is another sham from Ross. This is another sign the guy just can't be taken all that seriously. It seems he just threw names out there to quell the media explosion, instead of being truly serious about changing the culture in the Dolphins locker room.

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/spor...olphins-heat-canes-chatter.html#storylink=cpy

5. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

Personally, I'd rather see him signed now, so there is more flexibility in the draft. I'm sure Miami isn't the only team he wants to play for. Ya wait to see how the draft goes, then maybe miss out on any decent guards, and in the meantime he signs elsewhere. Get him now I say.

6. Vertical Limit

Vertical Limit Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Wow what a dream that would have been if Arison bought the Marlins... Loria please sell...

7. Vertical Limit

Nov 25, 2007
    Everyone knew it was a "sham", our issue is that Ross does this sham too often:

1. He's going to play a huge role in fixing the "dysfunction" in Tallahassee. YAWN.
    2. That stupid committee. YAWWWWWWWWWN.
    3. He's been working with NYU and developing a system in fixing code of conduct in all sports. yawn.

No one cares, he's just rambling on stupidity. If I had a press pass, I would ask him about those three things every single time he does a press conference just for the comedy.

8. Disgustipate

Disgustipate Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Wharton is by far and away the best performer on the market still, I'd love to see him sign him. I never really liked the shying away from older players thing. He doesn't preclude you from finding a younger option, and gives you more time to do so.

I'm not sure what the younger options could really be. Brian De La Puente? There are some solid starting quality players out there, but they are in the 30+ year range too.

Fineas and MrClean like this.
  9. jw3102

jw3102 season ticket holder

Sep 4, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii
    :angry:
    Personally I would rather see Arison purchase the Dolphins. I just don't see the Dolphins ever becoming a successful football team under the ownership of Ross. I believe he wants to bring a winning team to South Florida, but I really don't think he has a clue how to do it.

At least with Arison,you know he is going to hire the best football minds to turn this team around.

10. Vertical Limit

Nov 25, 2007
    I would love the Arison family to own all three major South Florida sports teams some day.. Micky has passed over majority of his power to his son Nick but the culture remains the same.

Only thing is purchasing the Dolphins is twice as expensive as the Marlins.. Maybe even 3 times more expensive in this day... Marlins are valued somewhere between 400 million to 500, while the Dolphins is likely bumped to 1.5-1.6 billion ever since Ross bought the team.

If Micky bought a MLB team he is instantly the second richest owner in MLB at 6.5 billion, and over time after picking up popularity from the Miami community, the Marlins become the Yankees of the National League.