1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finnegan signs 2 year deal w/Miami

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Dan Griese, Mar 14, 2014.

1. Dan Griese

Dan Griese New Member

Feb 15, 2013
    According to espn

Sceeto likes this.
  2. Larry Little

Larry Little Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Nashville, TN
    Nice to see the Dolphins have learned their lesson and are going after 'character' players. :shifty:

Finrunner likes this.
  3. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    He's a physical CB, what else has he done.

Da 'Fins and Sceeto like this.
  4. Shamboubou

Shamboubou Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I'll never fault a guy for being aggressive and physical on the field. He gets in guys heads and I like that. Biggest thing he has going against him is Omar Kelly loves him.

5. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

Got his *** rekt by Andre Johnson that one time.

6. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    Do we have this year's Legeblew Whereishe?

MikeHoncho likes this.
  7. Shamboubou

Jan 4, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I think we just may

Fin D likes this.
  8. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    And that resulted in?? An Andre Johnson ejection. Win.

Kud_II, Da 'Fins, DHPVW and 3 others like this.
  9. Vinny Fins

Vinny Fins Feisty Brooklyn dolfan ️‍

Oct 26, 2009
    Bklyn
    my favorite finnegan play was when he got Josh Morgan to sucker punch him to save the game for his team.

10. Larry Little

Dec 16, 2007
    Nashville, TN
    I was at a Titans game here in Nashville, I think it was against the Redskins, when an opposing o-lineman lost his helmet in a scrum. Finnegan saw it, ran up behind the guy, jumped into the air and drove his elbow into the back of the guy's head. I watched him do it. It was 100% deliberate. The O-lineman didn't appreciate it, and went after him. There was a bit of a fight.

That's just one example out of a LOT of examples. He's a dirty player, and I don't like him.

On the flip side, he used to be good. Pro bowl in 2008. He wasn't good in St Louis. Maybe he can turn his play around. Who knows?

I just know the guy can be a major jerk.

11. Dan Griese

Dan Griese New Member

Feb 15, 2013
    Only time will tell if its too much money, but you gotta take some risks, I like it. Time for Coyle to do his thing.

ElNino likes this.
  12. Larry Little

Dec 16, 2007
    Nashville, TN
    Well, there's being aggressive and physical, and then there's being a dirty player. Finnegan has a rep as a dirty player, and he's more than earned it. He's not 'scrappy' like Incognito was. He's downright dirty. Way-over-the-line dirty.

Hopefully, he cleans it up. He's a very good player, and he doesn't have to play like that.

mullingan likes this.
  13. Shamboubou

Jan 4, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I kind of like dirty when it's on my team, but I'm kind of ruthless. As long as it's not at a costly time.

Puka-head likes this.
  14. Larry Little

Dec 16, 2007
    Nashville, TN
    Both players were ejected, and both players were fined. Lose.

Johnson went after him because Finnegan was being 'aggressive' by jabbing him directly in the face right off the line. Johnson got tired of it, and whipped his butt.

15. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Richard Sherman gets praised for his trash talk, granted the skill level is much different but the principle is the same.

PapaC likes this.
  16. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008

I'll take that trade off, and Idc if he lost the battle because he won the war.

If you guys wanna pound his performance in St Louis then ok, but to act as if he is detrimental to the team image is silly.

17. Fame

Fame Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2012
    Vero Beach
    I'd love to be optimistic...but I really hate this signing. I'm so tired of the Dolphins signing dirty players.

LiferYank and Larry Little like this.
  18. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    Him opposite Grimes, after a down year when everyone is saying hes "done" may be the fire he needs to be a ****ing beast this year. Maybe he will bring some (I ****ing hate this word, but it fits here) swagger to this defense!!!

Fin-Omenal likes this.
  19. Vinny Fins

Vinny Fins Feisty Brooklyn dolfan ️‍

Oct 26, 2009
    Bklyn
    we are going to have some FIGHT on Defense.

smahtaz likes this.
  20. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    He's here to piss off Gronk.

GreysonWinfield and SICK like this.
  21. Phins_Fan_87

Phins_Fan_87 Phins and Heat fan Club Member

Mar 9, 2013
    Weston
    wait, so did we just sign this guy for 2/11m?

22. Vertical Limit

Vertical Limit Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    He won what war? When the fight broke out Tennessee was getting their asses handed to them 17-0 and lost 20-0. So what did he win exactly?

23. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    The trade off in talent of both being ejected.

That war.

24. Finrunner

Finrunner Season Ticket Holder

Dec 11, 2007
    He's racked up the highest number of fines (9) -- that's number, not dollar amount... he isn't close to that -- in the last decade, for one thing. As you said, he's physical. Always near the tops of his teams' penalties from 2009-2013.

Off the field, I believe he's been a pretty good citizen.

CaribPhin and Larry Little like this.
  25. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

I'm disappointed in this. If we wanted a physical corner to mess with Gronk, Brandon Browner should have been priority one. There is no DB in the game who can claim to be more physical than him and he actually has coverage skills. Finnegan MIGHT have a comeback, but Browner is still sure to be good. Apparently the Patriots are after Browner very hard and signing Browner would have been strategic as well. I don't want to see Revis, Browner, Arrington, and Dennard twice next year with no guaranteed running game.

26. Limbo

Limbo Mad Stillz

Mar 21, 2013
    Not a fan of his, but I guess we'll have to see the numbers before we can say how the signing is. Big dropoff after 2011, imo.

27. jaymoney

jaymoney it's magic baby

Mar 15, 2013
    1yr would be better tho...

28. GMJohnson

GMJohnson New Member

Jan 27, 2010
    If he's coming to play in the slot I like it.

29. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008

I'm sure most CBs are near the top in penalties on their respective teams. If he is in there getting flags I'm sure he will be shown the bench.

Also Miami must believe the hip/knee injuries are atleast part of his abysmal drop off.

30. Larry Little

Dec 16, 2007
    Nashville, TN
    At the moment Finnegan did that, Houston was up 17-0. They won 20-0. Finnegan absolutely did not win any war. He couldn't stop Andre Johnson. Not that day, not any day. Not that many CBs can, however, you need to step back and look at it objectively. If you think Finnegan was correct or came out ahead in any way in that situation, you're just being a homer.

We just signed a punk.

31. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

I really don't care if he's a punk. If you're going to be a punk, don't suck.

pumpdogs likes this.
  32. GMJohnson

GMJohnson New Member

Jan 27, 2010
    A punk who can play the slot, tackle well, blitz off the edge and make plays on the ball. Kind of a Dennis Rodman type, opponents hate him but teammates love him.

Puka-head and pumpdogs like this.
  33. Larry Little

Dec 16, 2007
    Nashville, TN
    I love physical, aggressive players... understanding that, I can't say I agree with you at all. I have no respect for punks, and don't want them on my team.

Any idiot can punch another player in the throat when the refs aren't looking.

34. Larry Little

Dec 16, 2007
    Nashville, TN
    Ah, gotcha... that's whay St Louis signed him to a 5-year deal, $27 million guaranteed, then cut him after year 2. Must be because his teammates loved him so much. :shifty:

Oh... AND he graded in PFF as the #109 CB out of 110 in the NFL last season. C'mon, guys, jeez... take off the aqua and orange glasses already.

gunn34 likes this.
  35. vt_dolfan

vt_dolfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

He was gonna cost them 10 million against the cap...

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

36. Vertical Limit

Vertical Limit Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    So in other words, he won nothing and accomplished nothing.

Larry Little likes this.
  37. smahtaz

smahtaz Pimpin Ain't Easy

Doesn't seem like a punk to me.

[video=youtube;-71mGtFQVSw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-71mGtFQVSw&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Itsdahumidity and MrClean like this.
  38. jaymoney

jaymoney it's magic baby

Mar 15, 2013
    All im saying is hif wife is hot..lol

39. Larry Little

Dec 16, 2007
    Nashville, TN
    Well, I've only lived in the city he played in for most of his career, watching most of their games, discussed them with my many Titan-fan friends, and attended 2-4 home games every season, watching him play live. You've watched an eleven-and-a-half minute highlight video. You're the expert here. :pity:

Look... even though I can't stand the guy, I hope he doesn't act in Miami like he did here in Nashville. I hope he's great. I'm also a realist, and I know that he can hurt his team with stupid antics just as quick as help them. I've seen what type of player he is. I am VERY familiar with him.

40. jw3102

jw3102 season ticket holder

Sep 4, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii
    Three or four years ago, I would have thought this was a great free agent signing. Finnegan was a top CB at that time of his career. Now he is a below average CB who I really don't see being an upgrade over Patterson or Carroll. Hopefully the CB's drafted in the 2013 draft will step up this year, because if Finnegan ends up being one of the starters in the secondary, I don't see this unit improving over last years secondary. In fact I can easily see the secondary regressing with Finnegan as one of the starters.