1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Let's play GM

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Salary Cap' started by The Sutor, Mar 8, 2014.

1. The Sutor

The Sutor New Member

Jan 2, 2014
    Hey, everyone. I'm going to play GM for a moment.

In terms of resigning players, we need to lock up Randy Starks on a 3-ish year deal, and use the franchise tag on Chris Clemons. He played like a pro bowler last year, but I'm not quite convinced that he's worthy of a big contract. I'd like to see him show consistency by dominating again in 2014. And, of course, we've already taken care of Grimes.

As for free agency, I expect us to be waiting on Eugene Monroe with a tempting deal. I would also love to see Vontae Davis back in Miami. Also, considering that both Monroe and Davis are entering their prime, overspending on them for 3-5 years will pay off. Outside of the two blockbusters, I think Vonta Leach would serve as complement to Lamar Miller and a vital locker room presence. If we acquire him, Charles Clay can make the transition to tight end, allowing us to cut Keller. I also believe Phillip Wheeler should be cut, which will allow us to experiment with Dion Jordan at outside linebacker (where he belongs). Lastly, we should pursue Jon Asamoah during the second wave of free agency. He might not be a longterm solution on the o-line, but he will help us get by for a year or two.

And then there's the draft. Our No. 1 priority is obviously to secure the best offensive lineman available. Hickey loves high-character players, and Zack Martin fits the bill. In the 2nd round, David Yankey would be an excellent upgrade for us as a guard. In the 3rd, Christian Jones out of Florida State can put some pressure on Dannell Ellerbe to perform. In the fourth, a small-school back in Terrance West will serve a Daniel Thomas-esque role, assuming that we release Thomas. Our 5th rounder could be used on South Carolina's Kelcy Quarles for depth purposes, as it's pretty unlikely that both Soliai and Starks will be back (although I'd prefer Starks). Lastly, our 6th should be used on another lineman and 7th on a sizable corner.

That was fun. :)

QB: Ryan Tannehill
    RB: Lamar Miller/Terrance West
    FB: Vonta Leach
    WR: Mike Wallace/Rishard Matthews
    WR: Brian Hartline/Brandon Gibson
    TE: Charles Clay
    LT: Eugene Monroe
    LG: David Yankey
    C: Mike Pouncey
    RG: Jon Asamoah
    RT: Zack Martin

LE: Cameron Wake/Derrick Shelby
    DT: Randy Starks
    DT: Jared Odrick/Kelcy Quarles
    RE: Olivier Vernon
    LOLB: Dion Jordan
    ILB: Dannell Ellerbe/Christian Jones
    ROLB: Koa Misi
    CB: Brent Grimes
    CB: Vontae Davis
    FS: Reshad Jones
    SS: Chris Clemons

Thoughts?

2. Grimes dogs

Grimes dogs New Member

Mar 1, 2014
    How much will you be giving Starks on this 3-ish deal? We cannot tag Clemons the deadline for tags has passed, not against resigning him on the cheap. No way Vontae Davis would be allowed back on this teamas long as Philbin is here! I would rather have Sam Shields. I like the Vontae Leach idea. David Yankey will not be on the board for us in the second round but several other quality guards will be so take your pick. Love the new MLB idea but we can't cut wheeler we have to let him ride the bench until next year (THANKS IRELAND)!!!!! Jon asamoah is not a second wave free agent as is already rumored to be going to the friggin Jets.

3. 54Fins

54Fins "In Gase we trust"

Nov 29, 2007
    over there
    Why is that? There are people in the world that learn their lesson.

4. 54Fins

54Fins "In Gase we trust"

Nov 29, 2007
    over there
    IMO ,I don't see Wheeler being cut this season. I think it would cost them too much cap $.
    What I do see is him being on another team after the 14' season if he doesn't get his sh** straight.

5. Grimes dogs

Grimes dogs New Member

Mar 1, 2014
    Which lesson are you referring to? Not being LAZY, not running his mouth,grew up and does not have the mentality of a child, or learned how to cover in a zone scheme.

6. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    The lesson of going potty BEFORE practice and not during?

Alex44 and Grimes dogs like this.