1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mad Men S07 Poster

Discussion in 'TV, Music and Movies' started by NaboCane, Mar 7, 2014.

1. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Not suggestive at all.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 4

2. NaboCane

NaboCane Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    In the spirit of the Lounge, let's over-analyze.

It's significant that what's being poured is not whiskey, but red wine; and into a sherbet-style champagne glass, no less!

And why is the poppy so prominent among the other images? Will Don be a heroin addict? Will Peggy?

And who is the girl supposed to be? And why is the poppy seemingly growing out of her head?

And Don's silhouette seems to be reclining on a big, black IBM punch card. Is that significant? Will Don be gay now, and date a large black man who works for IBM, played by Idris Elba?

3. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Suspect Mad Men is going to engage the cultural shift that happened in the 60's, from buttoned down and controlled to wild and free, Don is analyzing and smoking a butt and focusing on how to message the changing times..thus the punch card computer card

4. NaboCane

NaboCane Banned

Nov 24, 2007
  5. NaboCane

NaboCane Banned

Nov 24, 2007
  6. maynard

maynard Who, whom?

Dec 5, 2007
    clearwater, fl
    I'm way behind in this series...about midway through season 2

IDK what to say exactly. My wife really likes it, but it bores the snot out of me. There is no soundtrack or anything and it seems hard to see the importance of many of the scenes. There is some legit mystery about Don and his full story, but that is really it. There is nothing suspenseful. The show doesnt really tell me why I'm supposed to care about what is happening on the screen. Things just sort of happen and that's kind of it

7. Den54

Den54 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 23, 2007
    AMERICA!
    It's a great series that doesn't need a soundtrack or a storyline spoon fed to you.

NaboCane likes this.
  8. Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell Post Hard, Post Often Club Member

Mar 22, 2008
    Amazing show. There isn't going to be a lot of suspense with the plot, but the character development is the best on TV these days.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

9. NaboCane

NaboCane Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    The best way to describe 'Mad Men' is that it's a television series that plays like a book reads.

10. maynard

maynard Who, whom?

Dec 5, 2007
    clearwater, fl
    That's true. The show is free to indulge watching a character sit in his office for 10 minutes. Im not saying I dont like or it's bad but I do think that I'm agreeable to it being called overrated at this point

11. NaboCane

NaboCane Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    http://www.nownovel.com/blog/?p=1888

12. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Preferring Turn tbh, did enjoy Sunday's MM episode.

Loved seeing Roger Stirling smoking a J..:lol:

13. Limbo

Limbo Mad Stillz

Mar 21, 2013
    The last episode was pretty freakin nuts, all over the place. I enjoy the show for the most part, but I get why some people don't.

Good friend of mine can't stand it. Says it's the laziest storytelling on TV. He says: "a bunch of confusing sh-t happens...and you never get an explanation for it." Which is kind of true. He thinks the show tricks people into thinking it's deep by not explaining motivations or reasons behind what characters do. If things are made mysterious by being left unsaid...it must be really complicated.

I still think it does several things really well. The office culture/politics is fascinating. The way work rubs off on Don's home life is always interesting. Same went for Peter Campbell back when he was married. The long form of it really lets you see characters repeating sh-t over and over (drinking problems, copywriting ideas, Betty's current marriage looking a lot like her first one) which is cool. I like how the office has grown so much, gives you a good feel for the full careers of these people, which is not something you usually get such detail in a TV show. I guess I appreciate it more as we get more episodes, oddly enough. Usually it doesn't work that way. That's a feather in its cap, I'd say.

Stringer Bell and NaboCane like this.
  14. NaboCane

NaboCane Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    I had always hoped for a little nipple action on the show, but not like this.

15. NaboCane

NaboCane Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    Well, I expected it to be dark, and I got it. What I did not expect was that when the credits started rolling, I'd have a big, ****-eating grin on my face.

Well-done, Matthew Weiner.

If that is the last thing that Robert Morse ever does on television or in film, it is a perfectly fitting sendoff in an outstanding career. To see Morse at his very best, watch 1967's 'A Guide for the Married Man.'

16. Limbo

Limbo Mad Stillz

Mar 21, 2013
    That 'finale' is easily one of the best episodes they've ever done. Outstanding.